Cetic vs 'Well

Will be watching this (likely drubbing) from a comfy chair as I judge that the risk of seeing grown men in green and white santa hats is simply too high.

Motherwell supporters have been moaning about our pretty poor summer transfer window for months - but it's bizarre given their resources that you could very easily say the same about Celtic's efforts at squad building. With the financial gap at the astronomical levels it is, the fact that the Celtic squad has a undeniably poor ratio of genuinely good players (Forest, Tierney, Rogic, etc) compared to players in decline (Brown, Lustig) or players that are simply shite (Sinclair, Izaguirre) reflects pretty badly on Brendan and the board. Celtic probably spent an 8 figure sum on transfers in the summer but it looks a poor return.

On the game - I would expect that as a reaction to Celtic being shite at Easter Rd,  we could well be on the end of the type of slapping that Killie got the other week. The only hope is that we start well and get the natives restless  but I can't really see it...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully Boyatas back for this one. As much as Lustig is in decline he is still comfotably our best right back.

I rate Edouard but He needs a boot up the arse.  Sadly he has been our only fit striker for months now so is currently undroppable. 

A scrappy win will do for me.

Likely to follow the pattern of our season. One decent result one shite one. 

If that means we take the 3 points of St Mirren then so be it. 

We need a bit of luck as usual and Celtic to miss a good few chances. If that happens we can keep the score respectable. 

It sounds defeatist but would probably take a 1 or 2 goal defeat if it meant no injuries and red cards. 

Not something we ever seem to do but I'd honestly just stick one up front tonight.

Admittedly I still have the fear a bit since the 7-1 game but I think we'd be better sticking an extra man in midfield. We are going to look to sit in anyway so I would just pack the midfield and stick Turnbull in a more advanced role behind the striker. Maybe a year ago I would have been in favour of a different approach entirely but unfortunately I don't have a huge amount of faith in us still.

- Main instead of Johnson for his slightly better hold up play

-Include Gorrin as he looks good on the ball, he deserves a chance in the team. I think there is a player there.

-Options are limited in wide areas in terms of playing a conventional 451 so I'd stick with a similar shape.

-The back 3 seemed to do fine on Saturday, a consistent backline would be desirable.

Gillespie
Mbulu Aldred Dunne
Grimshaw Campbell McHugh Gorrin Tait
Turnbull
Main

That is almost a reserve side. But I agree with the view that games v bottom 6 and Killie at home are more important. I think we would all be happy with a narrow defeat and focus on Saturday. 

Some of Celtic rivals may be a bit miffed but even with our strongest side the chances of taking something are heavy odds on against. 

I just hope we do not get a tonking. 

I think we'll win tonight after seeing that team tonight. It's mentally interesting.  

Bizarre to see some of the seethe from some of our more intelligent supporters on Twitter (Hiya Podcast pals!). It was obvious what was going to happen after Robinson's comments earlier in the week. 

6 minutes ago, Desp said:

I think we'll win tonight after seeing that team tonight. It's mentally interesting.  

Bizarre to see some of the seethe from some of our more intelligent supporters on Twitter (Hiya Podcast pals!). It was obvious what was going to happen after Robinson's comments earlier in the week. 

Scenes when Rose gets an injury and Steelmen/Well Fans II accuse Robinson of screwing us out of a transfer fee. Or something.

Archived