West Region Fixtures

Kennie

Just when we looked like we might be about to get our first point(s) of the season on board, the Girvan game gets cancelled and four out of our next five games are away.

I could now see another eight straight defeats before the triple header of Kello / Girvan / Craigmark in late February / March where if the players have any fight left we might manage to scrape a point or two.

Of course it won't actually play out like that due to postponements and cup games, bold effort from Kennie but he can't do anything about the Scottish weather that knocks out most of the junior game for December - February every year.

13 hours ago, Kennie said:
Full list of league fixtures now online. There will be some alterations obviously to accommodate cup fixtures and weather postponements.

Is it anticipated that the 3rd and subsequent rounds of the West of Scotland Cup will be played on midweek dates?

Or will scheduling these on Saturdays necessitate some of the abovementioned changes to the programme of League fixtures?

25 minutes ago, archieb said:

Is it anticipated that the 3rd and subsequent rounds of the West of Scotland Cup will be played on midweek dates?

Or will scheduling these on Saturdays necessitate some of the abovementioned changes to the programme of League fixtures?

I would prefer to keep Cup games on Saturdays, so there will be changes. But hopefully I can keep these to a minimum. This is one of the problems of a full fixture list.

14 minutes ago, Kennie said:

I would prefer to keep Cup games on Saturdays, so there will be changes. But hopefully I can keep these to a minimum. This is one of the problems of a full fixture list.

I agree that is preferable. Fortunately there are still plenty of late season midweek slots to schedule postponed league games ....

Archived