Christmas parties

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My work's Christmas party was two weeks ago and someone got us banned from the restaurant by stealing bottles of wine from the rack.

The same person also fell over in the nightclub we went to afterwards and broke her wrist. As the only sober person there (I don't drink) I drove her to A&E.

My work's Christmas party was two weeks ago and someone got us banned from the restaurant by stealing bottles of wine from the rack.
The same person also fell over in the nightclub we went to afterwards and broke her wrist. As the only sober person there (I don't drink) I drove her to A&E.

I’ll never quite understand how a teetotaller can ever enjoy being around a bunch of drunken arseholes especially on a Xmas night out.
Beatification beckons, Mr. Humming of Evil.......[emoji56][emoji56]

Was ours on Friday night, big corporate deal. As per the last four years, I didn’t go. Always frightened I’ll get hammered and tell a few people what I think of them.

I work in a team of five so I’ve booked Qua on Ingram Street for our lunch on Friday. Looking forward to that.

Had ours two weeks ago. I got pretty hammered and I remember sitting in the pub thinking "I should really go home now" which to my credit, I did.  Any credit I had earned from that decision was quickly diminished as the next thing I remember seeing was a lovely Scotrail worker saying "you need to get off mate". Yip, not only had I fallen asleep on the train, I'd fallen asleep on the wrong train and I was now at Edinburgh Waverley, utterly magoofed and entirely confused.  Luckily there was the last train to Glasgow Queen Street just leaving as I was gathering myself and I got back to the town. Had to get a taxi from Glasgow to Dumbarton though, which was a bit of a pain.

We have another works lunch this weekend at which I plan on leaving much earlier and with less alcohol taken on board.

We had ours last Tuesday, was a very pleasant affair until the sensible people left around 10.30pm. Ended up with a Brazilian colleague sleeping on my balcony, my boss shagged the relatively new admin girl, I had to chuck 5 people out of my place at 6.45am. I did make it to work on the Wednesday - at 1pm....meant to start at 8am.
Lasted 2 hours then met a mate in the pub at 3.30. Thank f**k it’s only once a year.

7 hours ago, Romeo said:

Someone has tweeted this apparently of some guy on his works Christmas night out, looks like it might be at Celtic park actually.

Imagine the fear the next day? Any P&Bers...stripped of completely on a dance floor before?

Screenshot_20181217-052737__01.thumb.jpg.709633e811123596777fe0e1e752f85c.jpg

Is this scott Brown's horrendous tackle I've been reading about

57 minutes ago, TheIntenseHummingOfEvil said:

Shagged her as my reward.

FTFY

Golden Rule No.1 - Never shag the help........it can only end in tears 🧐

He works & lives in a different country from her (he came across for the night out) & is only in our office for a day or two a month,if that.
But I agree, it’s not an ideal situation as favouritism etc could be bandied about.
Plus, she’s a total wid.

Someone has tweeted this apparently of some guy on his works Christmas night out, looks like it might be at Celtic park actually.

Imagine the fear the next day? Any P&Bers...stripped of completely on a dance floor before?

Screenshot_20181217-052737__01.thumb.jpg.709633e811123596777fe0e1e752f85c.jpg

But apart from stripping off, did you have a good night?

Had ours two weeks ago. I got pretty hammered and I remember sitting in the pub thinking "I should really go home now" which to my credit, I did.  Any credit I had earned from that decision was quickly diminished as the next thing I remember seeing was a lovely Scotrail worker saying "you need to get off mate". Yip, not only had I fallen asleep on the train, I'd fallen asleep on the wrong train and I was now at Edinburgh Waverley, utterly magoofed and entirely confused.  Luckily there was the last train to Glasgow Queen Street just leaving as I was gathering myself and I got back to the town. Had to get a taxi from Glasgow to Dumbarton though, which was a bit of a pain.
We have another works lunch this weekend at which I plan on leaving much earlier and with less alcohol taken on board.
A workmate did similar years ago. Got the bus from Glasgow heading for Cumbernauld, but conked out and was woken up by the driver in Dunfermline. Last bus the other way had already gone, so he gets a taxi, but only has 14 quid so the driver only takes him as far as Kincardine. He then has to walk it home from there, finally stoating in at half 9 in the morning having left Glasgow at 11.30.

2 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

A workmate did similar years ago. Got the bus from Glasgow heading for Cumbernauld, but conked out and was woken up by the driver in Dunfermline. Last bus the other way had already gone, so he gets a taxi, but only has 14 quid so the driver only takes him as far as Kincardine. He then has to walk it home from there, finally stoating in at half 9 in the morning having left Glasgow at 11.30.

When the guy told me I was at Waverley I had visions of something like this going down.  The relief I felt when he pointed to a train about to leave back to Glasgow was unreal. 

Started my grad job a few months ago and had their 'night out' a 2 weeks ago on Friday. It was just sitting down for a nice meal and having a few quiet drinks in the same place before everyone started dropping like flies.

Have my old work's one this Friday which will consist of a pub crawl and then falling into a function suite around 2 hours after I'm supposed to be there. I'm looking forward to it a lot more TBH.

The one with the high heid yins was last week; I couldn't go as nobody else was free to cover the shop. I think us plebs are going to do a bit of bowling this week. Woo.

A company I worked for years ago had the bright idea of combining the Christmas party with the AGM at a weekend retreat in darkest Perthshire. Locking the entire company up in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do except drink and shag each other proved such a good idea that the whole thing had to be abandoned after the first night. I joined the company at the beginning of the next year, and there were still folk who couldn't look each other in the eye  :lol:

Archived