John Hodkinson -Clyde FC

Argyle

looking for information on  centre forward John Hodkinson (seen spelt as Hodgkinson) during his time with CLYDE  , believe he was signed December 1911 from Newton Stewart. Does anyone know  when  he signed , his debut , goals scored , how long he was there for etc. He moved to Canada in 1913 and was KIA during WW1. Thanks

23 hours ago, Argyle said:

looking for information on  centre forward John Hodkinson (seen spelt as Hodgkinson) during his time with CLYDE  , believe he was signed December 1911 from Newton Stewart. Does anyone know  when  he signed , his debut , goals scored , how long he was there for etc. He moved to Canada in 1913 and was KIA during WW1. Thanks

Signed on 30th December 1911 from Newton Stewart. John Litster's stats give him 2 appearances and no goals scored, I can only confirm one appearance, against Hibs on 17/02/1912. The only games that season I don't have lineups for are Hamilton on 1st and Celtic on 2nd January 1912 so may well have appeared in one of them. 

Seemed to leave at the end of the 1911/12 season but no further details of who he went to next.

50 minutes ago, CK said:

Signed on 30th December 1911 from Newton Stewart. John Litster's stats give him 2 appearances and no goals scored, I can only confirm one appearance, against Hibs on 17/02/1912. The only games that season I don't have lineups for are Hamilton on 1st and Celtic on 2nd January 1912 so may well have appeared in one of them. 

Seemed to leave at the end of the 1911/12 season but no further details of who he went to next.

THANKS VERY MUCH  , CK   He must of returned here to Newton Stewart after leaving Clyde as he is known to be back working in a local bank prior to leaving Newton Stewart in  May 1913 for Canada enlisting in the Canadian Infantry  two years later and losing his life in WW1 in 1917

Archived