Ton v ICT - 22/12

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Highlights: Faith No More being played at HT. Ridgers was fairly solid apart from the goal (similar distance to Billy King last week).

Lowlights: Ref was totally out of his depth. Jordan (FTP) White being awful from the moment he came on. Polworth’s second half. 

Thomson and Kilday need to be put in the sea as soon as the transfer window opens as they are useless. Playing Thomson is like being a man down - can't time his jumps, header, no physical presence and can't run. He probably thinks he is a decent player as he runs about a lot and puts in the 'effort' but he really is shite. Kilday is back to being the bombscare he was when he first signed, and needs to be punted ASAP.

I don't know what happened in the final 20 minutes after we brought on Lyon and Tiffoney, but we were a lot better even though we were a man down. Did Caley just lose their bottle when we started running at them instead of playing high balls? Maybe Johanssen will play those two at Firhill next weekend?

Not sure how Kilday can be seriously slated today given that the goalkeeper made a total arse of the first goal before his defensive partner sold the game with a penalty/red card foul before half time. He certainly wasn’t great but Saints Waddell and Gaston directly contributed to that result; Kilday didn’t.

8 hours ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Weird game. Despite dominating for around 60-65 minutes with an extra man for most of it, we managed to miss a penalty and only be leading 2-0 which certainly flattered Morton. Once Tiffoney came on Morton looked a threat and we did our best to draw the game but failed.

Who was the referee btw? Seemed to absolutely despise Oakley, blew for a foul against him every time he went near the ball and I think that was why Robbo brought him off at HT.

Funny game this. Morton surprised me at the start with good attacking and three decent on target efforts. Defence and goalie sold the jerseys with the first and young Kerr was maybe rash with the challenge but Oakley showed his experience. Ref failed to deal with Oakley's over physical approach until he finally booked him.

Congrats to Robbo who applied a masterly play by taking Oakley off. Ton's only way back in was to pressure Oakley and have him sent off to balance numbers.

CT seemed to fall back after second goal and we nearly stole a point how  Mc Hugh missed from 3 yards is a shocker. good effort from Lyon's hitting the inside of the post.

We need points and reinforcements or Partick and Falkirk may close in on us.

Subs nearly made the difference there. As has been said, Morton were much better when Tiffoney came on and started running at us; we lost a lot of our threat before that, though, when Robbo decided he had to take Oakley off. He's a clumsy-looking player but his hold up play and ability to move defences around are far superior to White's. The idea of putting Trafford on for Doran to shore up the midfield was also a bit bizarre, as he's the least composed midfielder I think I've ever seen for us, and unable to cope with a team trying to press us. A welcome win but there was still nothing there to suggest that we're going to be able to go on the sort of run that will put any pressure on County or Ayr. Always good to be back at Cappielow: best ground in the division by a mile, imo.     

Overall ICT deserved the points. Our defending through the middle of the park was absolutely shocking. Caley looked solid and well organised. Their keeper made 3 or 4 outstanding saves too. Pressure is on JJ now to sort this rabble out before we get pulled into a relegation battle. January is going to be huge for us.

Disappointing day all round. Pen and red card were correct. We were rubbish for most of the game. Surprised to read comments about Oakley. He was a midden from the start. Pulled and pushed and made himself a nuisance. We could do with someone like that. High balls to powder puff forwards. Lyon looked decent when he came on.

3 hours ago, Tarmo Kink said:

From where I was sitting Oakley wasn’t doing much wrong and the ref was being very harsh on him. It was a stonewall penalty/red card but I thought the ref wasn’t going to give it due to his obvious hate for Oakley.

I had a good view of it.  The first two fouls given against Oakley were actually him being pulled back by the Morton defender.

10 hours ago, Paisley Ton said:

Funny game this. Morton surprised me at the start with good attacking and three decent on target efforts. Defence and goalie sold the jerseys with the first and young Kerr was maybe rash with the challenge but Oakley showed his experience. Ref failed to deal with Oakley's over physical approach until he finally booked him.

Congrats to Robbo who applied a masterly play by taking Oakley off. Ton's only way back in was to pressure Oakley and have him sent off to balance numbers.

CT seemed to fall back after second goal and we nearly stole a point how  Mc Hugh missed from 3 yards is a shocker. good effort from Lyon's hitting the inside of the post.

We need points and reinforcements or Partick and Falkirk may close in on us.

Agree with all of this, although the flag looked to be up for offside when McHugh missed the target.

Next week is massive for us, but I dread to think of who will actually be able to play and what formation we will be forced to play.

Shame it doesn’t show the coming together at the end which resulted in 3 cautions. I’m certain the ref and fourth official took a total guess at the ICT ‘culprits’, as neither MacGregor or Polworth looked to be guilty of any misdemeanour.

Poor defending for Tiffoney's goal as well.  He shouldn't be running from his own half like that, and Ridgers shouldn't be getting beat at his near post.  That's the most common goal we concede IMO.  I don't want to be over critical of him, as he's probably the best 'keeper in the league, and he's one of the main reasons barely any cunt can beat us.

Edit - Tam Walsh's goal was superb.  Fantastic one-touch build up from Oakley and Polworth.

Are the stewards usually quite so zealous at Morton? I saw old folks getting searched on the way in and a woman getting her bag checked that she could have barely have fitted a pencil into, let alone a bottle or a smoke bomb. Really I mean really?!

39 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Are the stewards usually quite so zealous at Morton? I saw old folks getting searched on the way in and a woman getting her bag checked that she could have barely have fitted a pencil into, let alone a bottle or a smoke bomb. Really I mean really?!

Aye. I bought a calander from the merchandise van beside the turnstiles and got the bag searched on Saturday. I suppose it’s a pretty minor complaint and they’re only doing their jobs, but things like that can really get your back up.

3 hours ago, Toby said:

Aye. I bought a calander from the merchandise van beside the turnstiles and got the bag searched on Saturday. I suppose it’s a pretty minor complaint and they’re only doing their jobs, but things like that can really get your back up.

That’s only because you had the bag over your head to avoid being recognised and photographed Rouselle. 

2 hours ago, Branch Ton said:

That’s only because you had the bag over your head to avoid being recognised and photographed Rouselle. 

Stick to the racism, you’re far better at that than you are at patter.

Archived