Pars vs Ayr: Andy Geggan Love-In

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the biggest scoreline Ayr have beat us by? I genuinely think this could be 5+ for Ayr. They have been very, very impressive the times I've watched them and I hope they win the league just to stick it to Ross County and Dundee United. 

Except us.

What's the difference between Ayr now and when you were last in the Championship,? Is it simply having Shankland in beast mode? I look at your team and think it's alright, but not table topping good. It's a hell of an effort so far.
Shankland gives us the X factor yes but the fact we are full time now keept every player we wanted from last season so no big turn over like a lot of teams did in the summer plus the 4 additions we did make would probably walk into most teams in the division, I also think in some ways we got such a boost with actually wining league one in such a dramatic way we are still riding the crest of a wave from that.

After watching us defend against Thistle I agree we could be royally pumped. Ayr have been fantastic this season.

I don't think it'll be a low Ayr win. They'll either destroy us 4/5-0 or we'll scrape a win in one of those random AJ results which keep him safe until we lose the following week.

8 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

What's the biggest scoreline Ayr have beat us by? I genuinely think this could be 5+ for Ayr. They have been very, very impressive the times I've watched them and I hope they win the league just to stick it to Ross County and Dundee United. 

I'm selfish as f**k so I'd rather they didn't, we're evidently not getting promoted this season so looking ahead to next would you want Utd and County splashing money or Ayr without Shankland? 

24 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I'm selfish as f**k so I'd rather they didn't, we're evidently not getting promoted this season so looking ahead to next would you want Utd and County splashing money or Ayr without Shankland? 

Selfishly, you'd hope Dundee United and Ross County go up, but when we're as shite as what we are, it doesn't really give you much hope for future title challenges ergo I wouldn't mind seeing Ayr win it. 

2 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Selfishly, you'd hope Dundee United and Ross County go up, but when we're as shite as what we are, it doesn't really give you much hope for future title challenges ergo I wouldn't mind seeing Ayr win it. 

Allot can change in a season, be foolish to write off this season due to us being shite in this one, we'll probably have a different manager for one. 

2 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:
6 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Except us.

What's the difference between Ayr now and when you were last in the Championship,? Is it simply having Shankland in beast mode? I look at your team and think it's alright, but not table topping good. It's a hell of an effort so far.

Shankland gives us the X factor yes but the fact we are full time now keept every player we wanted from last season so no big turn over like a lot of teams did in the summer plus the 4 additions we did make would probably walk into most teams in the division, I also think in some ways we got such a boost with actually wining league one in such a dramatic way we are still riding the crest of a wave from that.

The majority of our squad are also at the age where they are still improving, so guys such as Forrest, Crawford, Harvie, Rose, McDaid & obviously Shankland all definitely came on from the previous year, add to that the excellent young keeper and the addition of Smith and it's not too hard to see why we're doing so well and of course the great thing for us, is that these boys are still improving week on week.

I'd also say that McCall has had his tactics spot on for the majority of our matches and the way we have played out from the back and dominated matches both home and away did come as a bit of a surprise, however again with good ball players and guys such as Mark Kerr in the midfield it's understandable why it's been happening.

3 hours ago, DAFC. said:

8-0

5 hours ago, Jeff Venom said:

Amazing how at pretty much half way through the season, top of the league, top goalscorer in the league, most goals scored in the league, greatest GD in the league, unbeaten at home in the league, it's still been referred to as a bubble.

I think most people, including Ayr fans, are finding it hard to believe that a side that only won League One because Raith Rovers choked, could be playing top flight football next season.

The whole thing with Shankland reminds me of when Cowden thought they had a great side and they lost Hemmings and Stewart and sunk like a stone.

Fair play to Ayr though, it's been a super start to the season and I'd rather you lot won the league than County or United.

It must be a strange one looking from the outside in. We haven't changed the team greatly but it just goes to show what getting the right mix, balance, desire and tactics can do for what some would say is an 'average squad'.

McCall has been 'lucky' to an extent and has mentioned a few times that it has 'little to do with him'. I do think he is being a little harsh on himself but a lot can be said about timing.

Picking the right additions to a team will make or break any manager. Look at Jose!

We have the right manager at the right time with a squad who are ALL pulling in the same direction.

No Pogba's in our camp.

3 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

It must be a strange one looking from the outside in. We haven't changed the team greatly but it just goes to show what getting the right mix, balance, desire and tactics can do for what some would say is an 'average squad'.

McCall has been 'lucky' to an extent and has mentioned a few times that it has 'little to do with him'. I do think he is being a little harsh on himself but a lot can be said about timing.

Picking the right additions to a team will make or break any manager. Look at Jose!

We have the right manager at the right time with a squad who are ALL pulling in the same direction.

No Pogba's in our camp.

It's far better to have a great team than great players. I'm interested to see if they can keep it up for the whole season and we're probably already at the stage where not finishing in the top four would be a massive disappointment.

I think most people, including Ayr fans, are finding it hard to believe that a side that only won League One because Raith Rovers choked, could be playing top flight football next season.
The whole thing with Shankland reminds me of when Cowden thought they had a great side and they lost Hemmings and Stewart and sunk like a stone.
Fair play to Ayr though, it's been a super start to the season and I'd rather you lot won the league than County or United.
Except cowden lost 10-0 to hearts and finished second bottom. Anyone going out thinking ayr are a one man side are going to get destroyed. Moffat is the man who needs to be shut down quickly along with McDaid.

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

Just shows how really poor the championship actually is.

It's this attitude I find both amazing and at the same time pretty amusing.

Basically we'll always have a "league 1 team of jobbers" to some, irrespective of what the facts tell you week in and week out.

That's fine though, suits us perfectly............

People are still saying this about livingston as they tank hearts 5-0.
AJ has been shown up by two or three managers on at least half the resources. You could see what McCall was building before we totally outspent them in league one. He's came up and learned loads then added the right mix of players to a good hard working league one side. Sure the Shankland thing helps. I just wonder what if Faissal had stayed with us after we won the league. I reckon that this season we have spent the same as ayr has over three.

Archived