Pars vs Ayr: Andy Geggan Love-In

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I did think the crowd looked a lot less than was announced, however, I’m not an EEP regular so difficult to judge.

We count season tickets even if they're absent, the figure announced is the tickets sold rather than the people at the game. 

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

We count season tickets even if they're absent, the figure announced is the tickets sold rather than the people at the game. 

Fair enough if that’s what you do but calling it the “attendance” is a bit misleading.

Dunfermline nullified us all over the park today with just pure hard graft, never felt they would trouble us especially in the first half, should have scored  with Moffat and If that goes in we would have won comfortably.

second half they huffed and puffed and like last week we missed the best chance of the half with shankland.

the ref allowed himself to be bullied by the Dunfermline  players throughout the game and it showed challenging everything.

off the top now so we'll see how county handle it as I think we done well with the pressure, I said if we don't get beat over December we'll not be far away so just next week to go

if the chairmen believes this is a once in a lifetime opportunity he needs to show it with at least a couple in over January and I'd let Moore and Ferguson go , don't think it'll happen though as McCall continually plays Moore whenever he can only criticism I have of him.

Dunfermline nullified us all over the park today with just pure hard graft, never felt they would trouble us especially in the first half, should have scored  with Moffat and If that goes in we would have won comfortably.
second half they huffed and puffed and like last week we missed the best chance of the half with shankland.
the ref allowed himself to be bullied by the Dunfermline  players throughout the game and it showed challenging everything.
off the top now so we'll see how county handle it as I think we done well with the pressure, I said if we don't get beat over December we'll not be far away so just next week to go
if the chairmen believes this is a once in a lifetime opportunity he needs to show it with at least a couple in over January and I'd let Moore and Ferguson go , don't think it'll happen though as McCall continually plays Moore whenever he can only criticism I have of him.

Let Moore go? So we then have to look for another striker. Think we’ve all forgotten how good he is just because he had a couple bad games. He shouldn’t be starting games but I thought McCall was right to bring him on. We weren’t getting anywhere with Moffat and he obviously hoped Moore would do well against tiring legs.

The stranger sub today was bringing McGuffie on for McDaid.

Agree with Ferguson leaving although going by McCalls comments he wants to keep the squad together.

Pars should have won. Ayr looked nothing like a top of the league team, obviously an off day given how well they have done, but that's how you win leagues by being terrible and still getting a point. 
We desperately need a centre forward. 
I think you win leagues when you take the big chance late on and bag up all 3 points.

On a side note, McCall is talking nonsense when he said Dunfermline didn't have a chance, and that doohan didn't have to make any saves of note. The volley down his throat needed stopping, as did the two front post saves from the left winger. Dunfermline also should've scored in the first half when a peach of a cross flew across our six yard box.

I'd still say we had the best two chances though, and that's what makes it sting a wee bit.

A big target man if possible for Moore  who cant hold the ball up, and he's had more than a couple of bad gamesand some quality in the middle with good legs

weve enough at the back and plenty options in the middle, I believe if we can get this shankland will score for fun if we still have him

celtic scouts and John Park  don't know who he's with now , who used to be the main  Celtic man going into the game today as I went in they wouldn't have been impressed today

A big target man if possible for Moore  who cant hold the ball up, and he's had more than a couple of bad gamesand some quality in the middle with good legs
weve enough at the back and plenty options in the middle, I believe if we can get this shankland will score for fun if we still have him
celtic scouts and John Park  don't know who he's with now , who used to be the main  Celtic man going into the game today as I went in they wouldn't have been impressed today

Both Shankland and Moff can hold the ball up. Why would we need a third striker to do the same?

You’re trying to say Shankland isn’t already scoring for fun?

Don’t give a toss if John Park wasn’t impressed. Why would it matter if he’s impressed or not?

Moore challenge not quite as desperate as it looked from the other angle. I’d say it was hard but fair, a foul and a booking.

The Bell one it’s hard to say. I was right in line with it and he was done for pace and took the guy out. Last man? Maybe.

We had most of the chances but Ayr had the best two. There was a foul on the lead up to the shankland chance. Another push.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

6 yellow cards and a suspension isn’t it?

If so Geggan will miss the Falkirk game in two weeks time.

Yes, although if Geggan had picked up his yellow card next week he wouldn't have been suspended. As of full time this afternoon, players now need to accumulate 12 yellow cards to get a suspension for it. 

Archived