Pars vs Ayr: Andy Geggan Love-In

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ayr have only lost once, in the last 4 league meetings at east end - even then, they were 2-0 up and cruising, until they had a man sent off. Their record overall may be poor, but their recent record is good.

McCall’s teams are always organised and up for these games. We’ve seen time and time again this season, that the manager doesn’t have a clue how to set up, to break down an organised defence.

4 minutes ago, Deontay WildPar said:

GW430 

^^^ Taken over from AJ by the time we go to Falkirk on 29th December IMO 

If Falkirk couldn't persuade him to leave Ayr, I doubt a smaller team like Dunfermline could

10 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Love that Pars shirt. Classy. Ironic that it was replaced by the Hummell ''rave'' strip.

I remember Norrie was interviewed in The Press when that shirt (in the picture) came out and he was pretty rude about it. Don't think he and the players liked it but it has aged well.   

8 minutes ago, Deontay WildPar said:

I remember Norrie was interviewed in The Press when that shirt (in the picture) came out and he was pretty rude about it. Don't think he and the players liked it but it has aged well.   

Funny thing is that I think of Norrie when I see that strip. Scoring that penalty against Airdrie at Tyncastle to put us into the League cup final.  It was an awful season but that moment is one of the best in my Pars supporting lifetime. The scenes of the Pars fans behind the goal.

14 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Funny thing is that I think of Norrie when I see that strip. Scoring that penalty against Airdrie at Tyncastle to put us into the League cup final.  It was an awful season but that moment is one of the best in my Pars supporting lifetime. The scenes of the Pars fans behind the goal.

I was there too. So many bitter Airdrie fans afterwards! Must have worn out the VHS of it. Best bit of refereeing ever. 

Pumped for this.  Don’t know why as it’s in fife but I always enjoy my trips to East End Park especially when we get a positive result.

As I’ve previously said it’s vital that we get all 3 points here. Ross County and Dundee United are both at home to Partick Thistle and Falkirk respectively and you’d fully expect them to take all three points. 

Mark Kerr, Jamie Adams and Alan Forrest all remain out for us so I’d expect we keep the same starting 11 for the third game in a row (4th if you count the postponed game v ICT):

Doohan 

Smith Rose Bell Harvie 

Geggan Murdoch Crawford McDaid

Moffat Shankland

Subs- Hare-Reid, Ferguson, Higgins, Docherty, McCowan, McGuffie, Moore

FT: Dunfermline 0-1 Ayr United. Geggan with a last minute screamer which sparks a massive pitch invasion from all 4 stands. Handshakes and cuddles shall be exchanged. 

Archived