Pars vs Ayr: Andy Geggan Love-In

Lovely that the young guys never got to suffer the routine 4/5/6-0 East End pumpings of the 90's.

Us auld yins still find it uncomfortable to go up there as favourites but indeed our recent record is perfectly presentable.

It's always an absolutely cracking fixture in a great stadium so bring it right on.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I remember getting horsed 5 nil ..97 or 98 .red and blue away shirt .

5-1. Andy Smith with 4 and Hamish French (m'lord) with the other. Was a League Cup game in 1997.

20181221_225245.thumb.jpg.49d8075b8762cbb27d89c2953f9e0374.jpg

6 minutes ago, aldo said:

A very young John Robertson on the ground there. Weirdly, all references to that game has it down as 0-0. Really can't be true, given that picture and I don't think it's from a different game.

Yeah saw that myself when I was researching the game .it defo wasn't 0-0 draw .think it was the first time I ever saw us getting a proper doing .first of many .:P

14 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:
10 hours ago, sci-fi said:
Ooft. Greg Hood, Luc Sonor. That guy with the curtains?

I always liked Greg Hood when I was young but cant remember if he was actually any good or where he ended up.

Definitely ended up at Thistle for a few seasons but can't remember who took him from us. Lower league English team perhaps? I want to say Shrewsbury.

23 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Right, I'm going to this. Last minute decision as the hangover is milder than anticipated.

Let's get into them, Ayr.

A couple of bridies will sort out your mild hangover.

Archived