Pars vs Ayr: Andy Geggan Love-In

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That said this league is very tight with every team on their day capable of taking points off anyone.

Except us.

What's the difference between Ayr now and when you were last in the Championship,? Is it simply having Shankland in beast mode? I look at your team and think it's alright, but not table topping good. It's a hell of an effort so far.

Except us.

What's the difference between Ayr now and when you were last in the Championship,? Is it simply having Shankland in beast mode? I look at your team and think it's alright, but not table topping good. It's a hell of an effort so far.
No doubt Shankland is awesome but even without him I'm pretty sure we would be top 4. We have quality in most positions with very few I would swap for other players in the league.

21 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Except us.

FT, better players, great spirit, & Shankers

46 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

Ayr wouldn't be anywhere near the top 4 without Shankland, there's 15 goals between him and your next joint top scorers on 3. 

Taking  Shankland's goals out of the equation would still give us 27 points. Which is enough for 4th place.

1 hour ago, VinnyPar said:

Ayr wouldn't be anywhere near the top 4 without Shankland, there's 15 goals between him and your next joint top scorers on 3. 

My uncle without balls would be my auntie.

Just don't think Ayr would be promotion challengers with Moff/Moore as their main man. Not trying to take anything away from Ayr's campaign which so far has been remarkable but i think without Shanks in that team you guys would be a mid table side (still far better than us).

As for the game in question I fully expect a complete pumping but this is always the sort of game where AJ saves his skin, even a defeat won't see him sacked as it seems the board are fully behind him. 

I'd go for:

Robinson

Williamson Ashy Durnan (if fit) Jacko

Higgy Beadling Thomson

Faz Keena Hippo

One of the key things for Ayr in this league is their gaffer. Apparently a very good man manager, good at getting everyone going. Fortunately the season we won the league we had the superior team on the pitch that done the work. If our team wasn't as good McCall would have got the better of AJ.

Why are people in here talking about relying on a player as if it's a bad thing? If that's what gets a team to the top of the league then so be it. Wouldn't care about it if I was supporting the team in question either. I'd actually be very fucking happy with it.

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Something has just clicked this season and to be fair same last season.  The players individually may not be world beaters but as the team unit as current results indicate they are unstoppable. 

2 hours ago, VinnyPar said:

Stupid statement in the extreme, for the simple reason that we wouldn't be playing with 10 men, would we ??

Archived