Alloa v Queens

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

According to our manager and goalkeeper in yesterday's local paper, we're facing a very good team with arguably a better squad than us at a difficult place to go.

What an achievement it would therefore be if we could somehow escape with a point.  

It's the usual Naysmith pre- match comments, predictable and boring,  his standard approach to games,  a bit like Northfield's posts.  Building  up the opposition makes a win or draw against them look even better and a defeat not as catastrophic on his record.  I'm not suggesting this will be an easy game,  every game in this division is a difficult game,  but he should be building up his own team more, let the Alloa manager talk about his team. I best not go on about it though as I don't want to be accused of being obsessed about it.  (even though it pisses me off) 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, mckenna said:

Yep, I wish Naysmith paid no respect to the opposition and I’m glad he doesn’t prepare for any of his games

Very easy to be respectful of the opposition and still be more positive about your own teams chances. I've read a few of his interviews and he rarely mentions his own team.  As for preparing for games,  that's what they do at training,  nothing to do with his press comments.  

Edit to add: Could Alloa not have got a colour chart from the Dulux Decorating Centre and matched the paint covering the old pitch markings to the colour of the surface?.

12 minutes ago, queenslad said:

better performance today so far - a shot on target

Yep,  about 3 good to fair  chances but Alloa keeper keeping them out.  We don't half give teams plenty of space to play about in though.  Alloa have had a few good chances too,  mainly from free-kicks around our area.  Martin flapped at one but he's had a couple of good saves too. As usual  the opposition is playing at a higher tempo than us, hassling us in possession,   making diagonal runs and finding teammates better with passes. On the plus side,  Todd is looking good playing in a more central striking position.  

5 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

According to our manager and goalkeeper in yesterday's local paper, we're facing a very good team with arguably a better squad than us at a difficult place to go.

What an achievement it would therefore be if we could somehow escape with a point.  

Given we couldn’t even fill the subs bench today, it’s hardly controversial to suggest that we have the shallowest squad in the division. 

In the absence of Harkins and Dobbie, we weren’t just short on numbers, we had almost nothing in the way of quality today. Bell looked way out of his depth, Doyle is a utility player whose utility is negligible in a more advanced role, and Dykes confirmed that whatever his qualities are, finishing most certainly isn’t one of them, squandering the best chance of the game with a trundled shot past the post when clean through.

One goal always looked likely to be enough for a workmanlike but very limited Alloa side against a poor Queens team today, the second was just rubbing it in. Dobbie papers over the cracks in this team, without him we’d be down amongst the dross.

If we’re remotely serious about contending for a play off place, then we need to strengthen (considerably) in January.

Flannigan could easily play for any team in this league , how many free kicks has he scored with now ?

never gets the credit he deserves strolls around in the midfield with ease too!

Three this season - total tally up to seven! Superb return for a guy in midfield. Absolute maestro.

Archived