Alloa v Queens

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was planning to go to this game  but have now realised that it would cost me £54 (me, a 16yr old and a 18 yr old), by far the most expensive day out in the league. For info Ross cnty (£35) and Ayr (£34) are the cheapest. QoS is £38. Even Dundee Utd is only £40.

Yep think Ill give it a miss.

Was planning to go to this game  but have now realised that it would cost me £54 (me, a 16yr old and a 18 yr old), by far the most expensive day out in the league. For info Ross cnty (£35) and Ayr (£34) are the cheapest. QoS is £38. Even Dundee Utd is only £40.
Does your 16 year old not have his Young Scot card? They might have a student price? Failing that just say he's 15. It'll be £51 otherwise is it not?

46 minutes ago, sneeuq said:

How on earth does it cost you less to go to Dingwall than Alloa ?

I thought our admission prices were low for the championship , been to Falkirk £20  partick £20 we are £17  never been under 18 for a while don't even know how much we charge TBH.

£17 it would appear. One over 18yo, one 18yo and a 16yo = £51.
£51/3 = £17. [emoji6]

On 16/12/2018 at 19:21, QoS_Blue1919 said:

We are a worse team without Dobbie than we are with, but we still have a better team than Alloa and SHOULD win this game.

We have generally been doing well in this league and really should have collected more points than we have. Failure to put away chances has been a key factor in that. If we had somebody like Dobbie up front, who is a class above this level, then I suspect we'd be significantly better off.  Quite possibly somewhere around where QoS are. 

The game at Palmerston probably isn't too relevant here as we can't offer the same threat on our daft wee park. I remember a tweet from the QoS twitter that day about Alloa looking like we could score every time we got the ball wide. A glaring example of the mistake made with the pitch. Surely it will be enlarged after Saturday. In the meantime, just hope we can manage to squeeze 3 points out of this game. 6 points so far from the 2nd quarter isn't enough and is a poor return on the efforts of the players. 

We have generally been doing well in this league and really should have collected more points than we have. Failure to put away chances has been a key factor in that. If we had somebody like Dobbie up front, who is a class above this level, then I suspect we'd be significantly better off.  Quite possibly somewhere around where QoS are. 
The game at Palmerston probably isn't too relevant here as we can't offer the same threat on our daft wee park. I remember a tweet from the QoS twitter that day about Alloa looking like we could score every time we got the ball wide. A glaring example of the mistake made with the pitch. Surely it will be enlarged after Saturday. In the meantime, just hope we can manage to squeeze 3 points out of this game. 6 points so far from the 2nd quarter isn't enough and is a poor return on the efforts of the players. 

Agree with all that you say.

The decision to narrow the pitch begs the question who within the Alloa hierarchy thought this was a good idea. Surely Jim Goodwin knew the type of squad that he had assembled and what style of football would best suit them?

You have my sympathy - the thought of watching football on a narrow artificial surface every second week isn’t a very attractive prospect especially when your team are capable of playing some great attacking football.

1 hour ago, Rjc-1988 said:

The decision to narrow the pitch begs the question who within the Alloa hierarchy thought this was a good idea. Surely Jim Goodwin knew the type of squad that he had assembled and what style of football would best suit them?

You have my sympathy - the thought of watching football on a narrow artificial surface every second week isn’t a very attractive prospect especially when your team are capable of playing some great attacking football.

It was shortened by jack ross when he took charge at alloa, results improved but too late to avoid relegation, so it has been adopted for the same reasons

with hind sight the alloa board hopefully can see that it was more to do with Ross in charge than the pitch dimensions but alas not.

It was shortened by jack ross when he took charge at alloa, results improved but too late to avoid relegation, so it has been adopted for the same reasons
with hind sight the alloa board hopefully can see that it was more to do with Ross in charge than the pitch dimensions but alas not.

The main problem is that back then we really didnt have any threat at all, and we were really struggling. This time we have a great squad with some excellent attacking players who have no space to get anything going, meaning that if we concede first then theres a good chance we wont get anything out of the game.

Looking forward to the game tomorrow, no dobbie definitely gives us an advantage. Confident we can get a result.

The main problem is that back then we really didnt have any threat at all, and we were really struggling. This time we have a great squad with some excellent attacking players who have no space to get anything going, meaning that if we concede first then theres a good chance we wont get anything out of the game.

Looking forward to the game tomorrow, no dobbie definitely gives us an advantage. Confident we can get a result.
Yeah im worried about tommorrow. Could really do with getting back to winning ways. Wont be easy but il go for a 1-0 win. Please play Stirling this week. Really dissappointed with Frizell last week.

5 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

The chairman said himself in the summer that it was his suggestion and that the manager agreed.  As others have said, the situation under Jack Ross was completely different. And it wasn't even an unqualified success that time. With a far better team and at the start of a new season, it looked like a really poor decision right from the start and I am convinced it has cost us points. But a feature of Jim Goodwin's management at Alloa has been his ability to learn from mistakes. I suspect this has been another good lesson and that he would handle this kind of situation differently in future. 

Yeah im worried about tommorrow. Could really do with getting back to winning ways. Wont be easy but il go for a 1-0 win. Please play Stirling this week. Really dissappointed with Frizell last week.

Agree 100% on Stirling. Sincerely hope I’m wrong but Stirling is invariably the first name on manager’s hit list for dropping and last season he froze him out completely in favour of Connor Murray who was at that time simply not ready for an extended run in the team. We were severely weakened by that decision last season and most of our fans are mystified at Stirling’s treatment. I could understand it if we were awash with attacking flair and pace but I will be surprised if he starts on Alloa’s notoriously tight pitch as this will no doubt be a day for flooding the central midfield and avoiding defeat.

Don't want to burst anyone's bubble on the pitch but I've yet to hear about it being restored to it's original size which would to me suggest that it won't be moved out between now and next Saturday.

I've a feeling today we are going to break our duck of scoring in the first half and then defend resolutely for the rest of the time cementing in place the pitch dimensions helping us argument.

Trouten to continue his purple patch with a goal.

Alloa 1 - 0 Queens

Archived