Alloa v Queens

The game at Palmy  Alloa played really well our only threat that day was Dobbie take him out of the team we lose that  game .It looks like Dobbie is going to miss this game so our goal threat is gone.

Sadly I think  Alloa will win this they have more of a attacking threat than us we will go to try to not lose rather than to  win 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The game at Palmy  Alloa played really well our only threat that day was Dobbie take him out of the team we lose that  game .It looks like Dobbie is going to miss this game so our goal threat is gone.
Sadly I think  Alloa will win this they have more of a attacking threat than us we will go to try to not lose rather than to  win 

You say the same crap every week, give it a rest. People moan about fans not turning up to games, I wonder if the negativity from certain people has anything to do with it? Our “only goal threat is gone” yet we managed to score against the best defence in the league.

We are a worse team without Dobbie than we are with, but we still have a better team than Alloa and SHOULD win this game.

34 minutes ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

You say the same crap every week, give it a rest. People moan about fans not turning up to games, I wonder if the negativity from certain people has anything to do with it? Our “only goal threat is gone” yet we managed to score against the best defence in the league.

We are a worse team without Dobbie than we are with, but we still have a better team than Alloa and SHOULD win this game.

Might say the same crap every week but whatever I say will make no difference to our poor crowds .

What makes you think we have a better team than Alloa ?

Really? If it wasn't for Dobbie we would have been deservedly beaten by Alloa earlier in the season. They played extremely well that day and were comfortably the better side. The fact we don't have our Get Out of Jail Free card in this fixture is giving me the fear. We should be LOOKING to win the game but to say we SHOULD win this game is pretty ignorant IMO.  

Really? If it wasn't for Dobbie we would have been deservedly beaten by Alloa earlier in the season. They played extremely well that day and were comfortably the better side. The fact we don't have our Get Out of Jail Free card in this fixture is giving me the fear. We should be LOOKING to win the game but to say we SHOULD win this game is pretty ignorant IMO.   

Agree we have absolutely no right to just turn up in any game expecting to win. A tough game against a decent Alloa side with plenty of attacking threats we’ll need to nulify them. Hopefully another week will see harkins fitter and Andy Stirling back in action. A game we could do with 3 points no doubt, but Alloa will be saying same

Just because Dobbie may be out does not alter the fact we need to turn up every week or we will suffer, all games are tough but yes dobbie being out would be good for us .

I feel we are getting the hang of the championship now, some players are really raising their game , trouten to mention one... that all said I fancy us to win here TBH.

A full-time team, with a wealth of experience in this division, sitting in the play-offs, against a team who are in a relegation battle. I’m not saying it’s an easy game, anything but. Yet the fact still remains that we SHOULD win this game.

Alloa played well at Palmerston in October, we played badly. And we drew 3-3. Albeit, much down to Dobbie obviously, but to get a draw while playing badly, against a team who were playing well, probably says a lot.

Alloa have a good team, they’ve been picking up results here and there and are doing ok in a tough division, baring in mind that they’re the only part-time team. We’ll have to play better this time around to win, but we are more than capable of it.

In your opinion, who SHOULD be winning this game? Alloa or Queens?

A full-time team, with a wealth of experience in this division, sitting in the play-offs, against a team who are in a relegation battle. I’m not saying it’s an easy game, anything but. Yet the fact still remains that we SHOULD win this game.

Alloa played well at Palmerston in October, we played badly. And we drew 3-3. Albeit, much down to Dobbie obviously, but to get a draw while playing badly, against a team who were playing well, probably says a lot.

Alloa have a good team, they’ve been picking up results here and there and are doing ok in a tough division, baring in mind that they’re the only part-time team. We’ll have to play better this time around to win, but we are more than capable of it.

The first paragraph is all factually correct but means absolutely nothing. The draw in October wasn't "much down to Dobbie", it was entirely down to Dobbie. Do you think if we go 3 behind on Saturday we'll get a point this time? Absolutely no chance.

To answer your question, both teams should be looking to win the game but no team will just need to turn up to get a win. Alloa got a point at Partick on Saturday, something we never managed. Any team can beat any other in this division so I maintain it's ignorant to assume we should beat teams in the league.

Nobody 'SHOULD be winning' the game. That doesn't really mean anything to be honest.

We've taken something from 9 of 17 league games, with 5 of the 8 defeats coming against Ayr, Ross Co and Dundee United - all better than Queens with Dobbie in the side.

With him out, I certainly think there's a better than 50 % chance we'll take something from the game. I'd put it about 65%.

The game at Palmerston was one of the more bizarre/surreal games I’ve seen.  I think we are unlikely to ship 3 goals in the first half hour again (hope I don’t regret saying that!), I’m expecting a tough game, and a narrow win. We’re unbeaten in 2 games without Dobbie, we are more than a one man team, but Stirling has to start.

Having missed Saturday’s epic 0-0 due to the weather, looking forward to this.....

I’m sure I saw it mentioned that alloa’s ground being narrow doesn’t suit how they want to play. You’d like to think that they won’t be as red hot as they were in the first half against us and we’ll can’t be as bad. With a narrow pitch and Dobbieless this seems primed to be a textbook Naysmith shitfest. 

Archived