St Johnstone v Rangers, Sunday 23rd December 12:15pm

45 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Have to go b*****d crimbo shopping again so may not have another chance to wish the Saintees well.  Fucking get into these minks St J

#WeArePerth

I wouldn't get your hopes up about us doing anything other than whimpering to a defeat if this line ups right. 

TWs experiments never work.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/21/2018 at 13:15, RedRob72 said:

Wow, reckon I could draw up a sizeable list of provincial towns in Scotland that are far worse than Blairgowrie & Rattray!
Nice wee walk down by the river in its Autumn blaze, followed by a drop of Glenturret’s finest and a bite to eat at Cargills or the short trip out to the Dalmore Inn for a slap up meal? Perhaps a couple of pints in the Ericht and a curry at the Sampan in town, its a smashing wee place. Cracking Golf Course too! What’s not to like?

The golf courses are superb (the Lansdowne is an utter c**t) although the misplaced sense of snobbery is hilarious. It's the only course upon which I've had a warning for swearing :lol: 

Cargills is overrated and I am unsure having a pint in the Ericht is particularly wise, it's pretty deep and cold this time of year. 

Blairgowrie is widely regarded throughout Tayside as being a bit of a hole. Some of it's nice and touristy, but it does have an unusually high proportion of absolute fucking mentalists and neds. It's like a shite version of Aberfeldy (which itself isn't exactly brilliant).

On topic, if Morelos has a stinker, or a Saints player absolutely crunches him in the first few minutes then Rangers will be pretty toothless. Otherwise 0-2 away win. 

31 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

What's his issue with Rangers?

Every fucking time we play them at McDiarmid he completely shits the fucking bed and sets us up like we're playing Barca. 

Nobody to hold the ball up, no pace in midfield to get up the park. How the fucks he expecting to score?

3 points = 3 places for us and I  don't see what TW has to be scared of with this lot. Did the Motherwell performance give him a fright or something? If this is info is legit,  Watt on the bench is criminal, and Callachan's a liability. 

Was looking forward to, now not so much. 

No Watt is disappointing since the chances are Rangers are playing without their first choice centre backs. If we can get the ball into Kennedy’s feet he’s good with it and will retain possession. It would then rely on Spoony and Alston breaking forward and getting in the box. Although I suspect it’ll be Callachan that does it the most.

Sharing RG's frustrations at that line up.

This is a rangers team who in their past three games drew 1-1 at 10 man Dundee, beat Accies 1-0, and drew 0-0 at Hibs.  Yet we're going with no recognised strikers against them.

It sounds like total shitebaggery.

Not even thrown Swanson in to run at them.  Tony Watt has been brilliant all season at holding the ball up and bringing teammates into the game and we've taken that away.  

I too have visions of us being hemmed in for long periods and humping the ball clear only for it to come straight back every single time.

Was quite looking forward to us having a go, but now any enthusiasm I had for this game has completely evaporated.

19 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Tony Watt has been brilliant all season at holding the ball up and bringing teammates into the game and we've taken that away. 

You would have thought that Tony would have been very motivated indeed for this game, fancied this to be the game for him to get back to scoring. 

23 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

3 points = 3 places for us and I  don't see what TW has to be scared of with this lot. Did the Motherwell performance give him a fright or something? If this is info is legit,  Watt on the bench is criminal, and Callachan's a liability. 

Was looking forward to, now not so much. 

That's the line up confirmed. Hope he explains why he's decided on this set up.

22 minutes ago, Widge said:

It would then rely on Spoony and Alston breaking forward and getting in the box. Although I suspect it’ll be Callachan that does it the most.

All three of them are slow as f**k. Any counter will be over by the time they trundle beyond halfway.

21 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Was quite looking forward to us having a go, but now any enthusiasm I had for this game has completely evaporated.

I was set up for an argument so I could sit and watch this instead if doing all the Christmas gift handing out of agreed to do,  absolutely no desire to do so now.

I hope I have a raft of folk talking the pish out of me after 90 minutes for being clueless and that, I can't see it though. 

Just now, tree house tam said:

C'mon now random, 2 strikers, 2 midfielders a goalie and 2 defenders on the bench. That's acceptable.

Not when you start with 6 midfielders. Can't see a single reason you have Nydam there. Gordon and Anderson only both there if he fancies going even more defensive and sticking a back five in there.

1-0 down after five minutes and he'll replace Kennedy with Anderson.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Not when you start with 6 midfielders. Can't see a single reason you have Nydam there. Gordon and Anderson only both there if he fancies going even more defensive and sticking a back five in there.

1-0 down after five minutes and he'll replace Kennedy with Anderson.

Whatever happens today I'd still trust Tam over you on team selection duties. Let's see how it pans out before slaughtering the big daft ***. 

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

C'mon now random, 2 strikers, 2 midfielders a goalie and 2 defenders on the bench. That's acceptable.

Agree no issue with the bench, it's the starting line-up that's the worry. Can only imagine it's because of 'that game' when we had a bit of a go at the other cheek and got our own arse handed to us, and this is the over-reaction to that outcome.  

Still going, still hoping for something on the basis that the opposition are mince. 

Just now, tree house tam said:

Whatever happens today I'd still trust Tam over you on team selection duties. Let's see how it pans out before slaughtering the big daft ***. 

As I say, I hope there's people mocking me after the game.

History shows us that it's more than likely a pathetic, disorganised humping that's on the way, though.

Folk on Twitter supporting the set up because "Kennedy has been scoring", clearly completely missing the reason Kennedy has been getting the chances to score.

It's not because he's taking defences on alone.

Very dubious about us not playing Watt, particularly given Rangers injury problems at the back.

Not necessarily against the set up. If you had Watt in there in place of Alston in the same formation I doubt anyone would be upset at all.

21 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Very dubious about us not playing Watt, particularly given Rangers injury problems at the back.

Not necessarily against the set up. If you had Watt in there in place of Alston in the same formation I doubt anyone would be upset at all.

Watt and Danny in for Spoony and Alston is what I'd  have done.

Archived