St Johnstone v Rangers, Sunday 23rd December 12:15pm

1 hour ago, crispy said:

This has me thinking about Stevie Gs signings. Alfredo and (I think)  Candeias were both Pedro signings, right? It seems the signings this year have been more miss than hit. Anymore chat about Worrel being recalled from the loan?

Well it has been a bit of a curate's egg of a season with some signings looking good in parts.  Alfie, whilst he may have been signed by Pedro, was utterly abject under Murty but has flourished this season.  His finishing for today's winner was top drawer.

As for Worrall?  Well if Stevie does what I've been saying for weeks he'll send Worrall back and sign our (and your) very own Craig Halkett.  He should also bring Hardie back from loan and give Lafferty back to Hearts as a belated Xmas present.  Lafferty fluffed his lines again today whereas Hardie would have taken at least one of those chances.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Well it has been a bit of a curate's egg of a season with some signings looking good in parts.  Alfie, whilst he may have been signed by Pedro, was utterly abject under Murty but has flourished this season.  His finishing for today's winner was top drawer.

As for Worrall?  Well if Stevie does what I've been saying for weeks he'll send Worrall back and sign our (and your) very own Craig Halkett.  He should also bring Hardie back from loan and give Lafferty back to Hearts as a belated Xmas present.  Lafferty fluffed his lines again today whereas Hardie would have taken at least one of those chances.

Ffs. Exactly what I didn’t want to hear. Are you sure you don’t need more established top flight players? ;)

8 hours ago, crispy said:

This has me thinking about Stevie Gs signings. Alfredo and (I think)  Candeias were both Pedro signings, right? It seems the signings this year have been more miss than hit. Anymore chat about Worrel being recalled from the loan?

Barisic , McGregor, Kent have all been excellent when fit 

Flanagan is played out of position 

Goldson and Katic were playing well until Worral came in and since then we’ve hardly seen the young Croat which I find baffling 

Grezda been given little game time but certainly looks as if he could be decent player in second half of the season 

Lafferty coming on changed this game. He has to find a way of starting both even if it means Laffs wide left of a three

Ejaria flattered to deceive and won’t be anywhere near the Liverpool squad. 

Sadiq should have been driven straight to Glasgow Airport after that dive against Aberdeen 

McAuley has looked OK when played but he looks exactly like what he is. A 39 year old who is getting to live the dream before he retires 

Halliday has not let anyone down and I’m delighted for him. One of our own who never lets us down. Ok not a Stevie G signing but one written off by previous managers

Middleton has a great future in the game. He’s a young lad given his chance and it’s a credit to him the support no longer mention his age. First team regular and still a teenager 

I’m not long up so probably missed one or two but IMO the signings have mostly been a hit but the centre of defence is still a worry 

Scott Arfield has also been excellent when fit. 

You have to remember Barisic, Arfield, Doran’s, Murphy have all been injured for quite lengthy periods this season 

1 hour ago, BobWilliamson said:

Barisic , McGregor, Kent have all been excellent when fit 

Flanagan is played out of position 

Goldson and Katic were playing well until Worral came in and since then we’ve hardly seen the young Croat which I find baffling 

Grezda been given little game time but certainly looks as if he could be decent player in second half of the season 

Lafferty coming on changed this game. He has to find a way of starting both even if it means Laffs wide left of a three

Ejaria flattered to deceive and won’t be anywhere near the Liverpool squad. 

Sadiq should have been driven straight to Glasgow Airport after that dive against Aberdeen 

McAuley has looked OK when played but he looks exactly like what he is. A 39 year old who is getting to live the dream before he retires 

Halliday has not let anyone down and I’m delighted for him. One of our own who never lets us down. Ok not a Stevie G signing but one written off by previous managers

Middleton has a great future in the game. He’s a young lad given his chance and it’s a credit to him the support no longer mention his age. First team regular and still a teenager 

I’m not long up so probably missed one or two but IMO the signings have mostly been a hit but the centre of defence is still a worry 

Scott Arfield has also been excellent when fit. 

You have to remember Barisic, Arfield, Doran’s, Murphy have all been injured for quite lengthy periods this season 

I forgot just how many players there were. With the right tweaks I’d expect Rangers to be stronger for the second half of the season. Although I guess most fans are saying that about their respective club, myself included...

8 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Hardies been out injured for while, I'd prefer to see him continue his run at Livvie and show what he can do. If his form continues then take our option and extend his contract.

If he came back in January and had a bad game or two then he'd become the latest whipping boy.

7 hours ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

No he didn't you ridiculous plum :lol:

First a mink and now a plum.

Perthers......

2 hours ago, BobWilliamson said:

Good post, mate.  I'm just not getting the Lafferty love-in.  I think he did well at Hertz (and his first time with us) because he had Naismith to tell him what to do.  Now that he has to think for himself he's a fucking haddie.

25 minutes ago, bennett said:

Hardies been out injured for while, I'd prefer to see him continue his run at Livvie and show what he can do. If his form continues then take our option and extend his contract.

If he came back in January and had a bad game or two then he'd become the latest whipping boy.

My judgement is clouded by my detestation of The Lanky Flautist.  See above.

Really shocking bad taste from Gerrard to not at least acknowledge saints played really well and matched his much higher paid superstars. We deserved a point and his remarks shows his lack of class. Disgusting.
He's a Scouser. Just look at his pal Spit Carragher for their level of class.

Given how the winner was conceded, I find it very hard to buy that St Johnstone deserved anything. If a team is playing well, then unless they have the goals to back it up, they don't really deserve all that much.

The only time I buy "we deserved something" is when the referee has completely fucked a team. Other than that, if you lose a game, there's always good reason. Either you fucked it, or they did enough, or both. 

3 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Good post, mate.  I'm just not getting the Lafferty love-in.  I think he did well at Hertz (and his first time with us) because he had Naismith to tell him what to do.  Now that he has to think for himself he's a fucking haddie.

My judgement is clouded by my detestation of The Lanky Flautist.  See above.

We do need another striker in, any long term injury to Morelos will see us fcuked. Agree that Kyle isn't good enough.

I didn’t think Lafferty made that great a difference. Certainly not at either of the Rangers goals anyway. There is a massive lack of threat outside of Morelos in that XI from yesterday.

Hard one to take for us. That Alston chance right before the winner was massive. Fine margins but then again it’s been the same across most of our unbeaten run in the other direction.

35 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

I didn’t think Lafferty made that great a difference. Certainly not at either of the Rangers goals anyway. There is a massive lack of threat outside of Morelos in that XI from yesterday.

Hard one to take for us. That Alston chance right before the winner was massive. Fine margins but then again it’s been the same across most of our unbeaten run in the other direction.

You should maybe watch the winning goal again 

We didn’t have one shot on target before Lafferty came on. When he came there was only one team going to win that match 

Archived