Hero in England, Zero in Scotland

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm waiting on Dons fans to tell me I'm talking pish here, but wasn't James Maddison a bit average up here? A fine, ***-skelping free-kick aside, I think he struggled to get into the Dons team at the time. 
Now worth trillions and "starring" for Leicester.

I personally didn’t rate Maddison good at free kicks and trying to do party tricks all the time, you saw the improvement in the team when he left and wee Ryan came in

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

He had his quiet moments but when in what I remember was his first game (Dundee at Dens) you could tell he was a very very good player. Although Dundee being ultrashit may have helped.

You're ultrashit. 

We had Sasa Curcic for a while, although he was coming towards the end of his career. 

He barely kicked his own arse at Fir Park, before leaving and retiring from football to spend more time shagging. Later won the celebrity version of Serbian Big Brother. 

Robert Snodgrass when he was at Livi. Although he did look talented, he was slow and lazy. Never thought he'd play in the prem.

Conversely, I thought that Stefan Scougall would go on to much greater things than a benchwarmer at St Johnstone.

It's really difficult to assess the true potential of a player early on in their career.

We had Roberto Martinez at Fir Park in the 2001-02 season and he was utterly woeful for us. He's since gone on to become a high profile manager down south and at international level with Belgium, which is weird to see given how much of a flop he was with us.

2 hours ago, ah-dee said:

the lad pukki seems to be doing well for norwich ddddespite being utter dross for celtic.

a bit of a stretch but andrew shinnie. never looked like a player that would manage in the championship up here let alone england but seems to have done ok in spells for Birmingham. a stretch to call him a success down there though but reasonable enough.

Shinnie was shortlisted for the player's player of the year award and was in the team of the year for 2012-13, when Inverness had their highest ever league finish.

29 minutes ago, gannonball said:

He was dogshit down in England too. I dont think he would ever have been a professional footballer if it wasnt for his dad.

And was dogshit as a manager over here in Ottawa.

Another example was Thomas Gravesen, had been a star for Everton and Real Madrid but came to Celtic and did very little bar a goal against the old Rangers.  

Archived