Sign in to follow this  
deadasdillinger

Next manager to get punted

Next manager to get punted   

152 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think Oran is getting a bit of a free pass right now because of what Jack Ross achieved 2 years ago. Jack got abuse when results failed to pick up after Rae was sacked, then we went on that great January signing spree and the rest is history.
I think Oran is getting the benefit of the doubt because recent history showed we ultimately turned it around..........the real backlash will come if we have a significant turnover in players next month and results don’t pick up.

For what it’s worth I think this is a far more difficult situation to turn around as we are not the big fish in a small pond this time but providing we are competing after January and if we go down, then as long as we go down fighting, I am willing to give him time to build something over the summer and see where he can take us.

15 hours ago, Torfason said:
I think Oran is getting a bit of a free pass right now because of what Jack Ross achieved 2 years ago. Jack got abuse when results failed to pick up after Rae was sacked, then we went on that great January signing spree and the rest is history.
I think Oran is getting the benefit of the doubt because recent history showed we ultimately turned it around..........the real backlash will come if we have a significant turnover in players next month and results don’t pick up.

For what it’s worth I think this is a far more difficult situation to turn around as we are not the big fish in a small pond this time but providing we are competing after January and if we go down, then as long as we go down fighting, I am willing to give him time to build something over the summer and see where he can take us.

There 's not a chance we'll have that great turn around like 2 seasons ago we're playing a better bunch of teams.  I'm happy like you if we go down fighting and have something to build on ,  I'm sure Oran will see the season out no matter what

Actually hard looking at that list to see who would be potential to get the sack for once.  Hamilton will stick with Canning,  Dundee same position as us will stick with McIntyre,  

Nah, they can't sack him while he keeps us in the top flight. It is fucking miserable the vast majority of the time, but an Accies manager can't be sacked for keeping them up.
It's completely different from a fan's point of view though. We get thrashing after thrashing then a win every five games or so that manages to keep us up.
You spend most of your time at the football wishing you were anywhere else, but hey, he keeps us up.
Last season we finished with fewer points than Richie Foran's horrendous Inverness side did and won three games from New Year to the end of the season.
We won seven league games the season before.
The season before that we lost three or more goals on an average of every four games, including an 8-1 defeat to Celtic and 4-1 to Annan.
When he was first appointed, he won three games between the middle of January to the end of the season, keeping us up solely due to Alex Neil.
It's shite, but it's shite in the top flight.

Is there another manager out there that could realistically do much better though? I suppose you could look at Livingston as they are probably on a similar budget to yourselves but will be interesting to see how long their form lasts.

Its a dangerous game Accies are playing just doing enough to stay up. Eventually their luck will run out.

Any club should strive for progress one way or another, those that don't get left behind

On 16/12/2018 at 11:15, Desp said:

As long as Hamilton are above the bottom two, Canning will be safe.

I'll go for Lennon chucking it in January when he doesn't get the players he wants

Oi Oi! 

9 hours ago, Desp said:

Oi Oi! 

But he didnt "chuck it" he has been punted.

8 minutes ago, Green Day said:

He did chuck a chair though.*

* Allegedly

10 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Fighting with your own players is a form of chucking it tbf.  You're never coming back from it.

2 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Fighting with your own players is a form of chucking it tbf.  You're never coming back from it.

Aye, I was just being pedantic - he hasnt "resigned" but what he has done (and some of it has allegedly been ongoing for a while) isnt really acceptable if true. The suspension only has one outcome and its not NL remaining at Hibs.

Wonder if Sky will get Stubbs and Lennon as summarisers on sunday??? Montylaugh.png.94850308a32666cabb7d3cb171c020bb.png

Alot of rumours flying about the place about Lennon and what's supposedly happened and I suspect alot of may not be accurate and we'll never really know the truth.

However one thing I'm absolutely certain of is that whatever has happened then it won't be Neil Lennon's fault* and his pals in the Scottish media will be desperately preparing their narritave to portray him as a victim and a smashing, intellectual wee fella as we speak.

*It may or may not be his fault but it'll never be allowed to be reported as so even if it is.

I can just hear Hugh Keevins on Clyde SSB at 2pm already.

"Neil Lennon is a wonderful manager, a magnificent and intelligent individual and if he is forced out of Hibs then Scottish Football will be a poorer place in his absence". :rolleyes:

As for his replacement, I think it's about time Ally McCoist got back into management...

3 hours ago, Romeo said:

Hearts fans reveling in this when you do well to get shot of Harry potter and get Lennon in.

Good shout Romeo. It would be interesting to see Lennon working to Levein as DoF.  If nothing else, if the football was shit, the TV companies could broadcast their meetings instead.

8 hours ago, Romeo said:

Hearts fans reveling in this when you do well to get shot of Harry potter and get Lennon in.

I'd rather shit in my hands and clap. Lennon is a poisonous arsehole.

Edited by The Tackle
Random apostrophe

36 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

I'd rather shit in my hands and clap. Lennon is a poisonous arsehole.

This. For all the guy is clearly a good manager/coach at this level, he brings a whole lot of 'baggage' with him. I don't know what has happened for Hibs to suspend him but I do know that he is an abrasive, divisive and aggressive individual who is also the 'poster boy' for people with a particular agenda that goes way beyond the game of football. If he has left Hibs then I hope he heads to pastures new, because the Scottish game is a better place without this person.

13 minutes ago, MJC said:

This. For all the guy is clearly a good manager/coach at this level, he brings a whole lot of 'baggage' with him. I don't know what has happened for Hibs to suspend him but I do know that he is an abrasive, divisive and aggressive individual who is also the 'poster boy' for people with a particular agenda that goes way beyond the game of football. If he has left Hibs then I hope he heads to pastures new, because the Scottish game is a better place without this person.

More eloquently put than my post. But agreed, looking forward to Scottish football without him.

Its a dangerous game Accies are playing just doing enough to stay up. Eventually their luck will run out.
Any club should strive for progress one way or another, those that don't get left behind

I don't think they intentionally set out to stay up by the skin of their teeth each season. They have been punching above their weight for years.

How do they attract bigger players? A big name manager? Pretty sure they'd do that if they could.