Next manager to get punted

Next manager to get punted   

152 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a toughie this one.

Neil Lennon appears to be on the verge of a breakdown, but I can't see Hibs punting him.

Jim McIntyre will be given time by a traditionally forgiving Dundee board.

Stephen Robinson looks to have secured his position for a good while yet in recent weeks.

Clarke could be poached? Gerrard and Rodgers are pretty safe.

Levein potentially if Hearts dip in form extends throughout the season, but next? Unlikely.

That leaves Kearney for me. His record is atrocious and he's looking every bit the P.E teacher. It'll be an absolutely massive January for him.

6 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Kearney will be punted at the point it looks hopeless for St. Mirren to remain. Can't see him leave before then.

As for Lennon the real test for a manager is when things are not going their way and how he deals with it. I believe the Hibs bad run is near a end and lets face it a treble of wins would put them back in the pack.

They've got us next ;) 

surely cannings time will be up at some point soon. absolute miracle hes been there so long

As long as Hamilton are above the bottom two, Canning will be safe.
I'll go for Lennon chucking it in January when he doesn't get the players he wants. 

He won’t get sacked unless we are struggling in the championship. Never mind above the bottom two in the premiership.

To be fair to Martin Canning he should not be sacked as long as he keeps Hamilton in the top flight, which up until now he has done. One of the lowest budgets and fan bases and rivalry aside it is quite an achievement for Hamilton to have been in the top flight as long as they have been. Both Falkirk and Dunfermline are bigger clubs and look where they are. 

I think it may be Lennon or Rogers to leave next rather than be sacked. Maybe Levein if Hearts follow up on Fridays debacle with some more poor results inc derby defeat. But they have a strong squad when their players are back from injury. 

To be fair to Martin Canning he should not be sacked as long as he keeps Hamilton in the top flight, which up until now he has done. One of the lowest budgets and fan bases and rivalry aside it is quite an achievement for Hamilton to have been in the top flight as long as they have been. Both Falkirk and Dunfermline are bigger clubs and look where they are.

Are you in fact Les Gray or Ronnie MacDonald?

3 hours ago, Snafu said:

I might just go for Brendan Rodgers. Not getting punted but a massive falling out with the board/ toys out of the pram resignation

Going by the performance vs Hibs today might not be that far off

He is certainly underperforming in his role like no other manager in the country.

Pound for pound, he's an absolute flop this season - a total dud.

I totally get why Hamilton fans don’t like canning but his remit every season must be to keep you in the league.

As it stands, he is doing that so not really any grounds to sack him surely?
Nah, they can't sack him while he keeps us in the top flight. It is fucking miserable the vast majority of the time, but an Accies manager can't be sacked for keeping them up.
It's completely different from a fan's point of view though. We get thrashing after thrashing then a win every five games or so that manages to keep us up.
You spend most of your time at the football wishing you were anywhere else, but hey, he keeps us up.
Last season we finished with fewer points than Richie Foran's horrendous Inverness side did and won three games from New Year to the end of the season.
We won seven league games the season before.
The season before that we lost three or more goals on an average of every four games, including an 8-1 defeat to Celtic and 4-1 to Annan.
When he was first appointed, he won three games between the middle of January to the end of the season, keeping us up solely due to Alex Neil.
It's shite, but it's shite in the top flight.

I think Oran is getting a bit of a free pass right now because of what Jack Ross achieved 2 years ago. Jack got abuse when results failed to pick up after Rae was sacked, then we went on that great January signing spree and the rest is history.
I think Oran is getting the benefit of the doubt because recent history showed we ultimately turned it around..........the real backlash will come if we have a significant turnover in players next month and results don’t pick up.

For what it’s worth I think this is a far more difficult situation to turn around as we are not the big fish in a small pond this time but providing we are competing after January and if we go down, then as long as we go down fighting, I am willing to give him time to build something over the summer and see where he can take us.

15 hours ago, Torfason said:
I think Oran is getting a bit of a free pass right now because of what Jack Ross achieved 2 years ago. Jack got abuse when results failed to pick up after Rae was sacked, then we went on that great January signing spree and the rest is history.
I think Oran is getting the benefit of the doubt because recent history showed we ultimately turned it around..........the real backlash will come if we have a significant turnover in players next month and results don’t pick up.

For what it’s worth I think this is a far more difficult situation to turn around as we are not the big fish in a small pond this time but providing we are competing after January and if we go down, then as long as we go down fighting, I am willing to give him time to build something over the summer and see where he can take us.

There 's not a chance we'll have that great turn around like 2 seasons ago we're playing a better bunch of teams.  I'm happy like you if we go down fighting and have something to build on ,  I'm sure Oran will see the season out no matter what

Actually hard looking at that list to see who would be potential to get the sack for once.  Hamilton will stick with Canning,  Dundee same position as us will stick with McIntyre,  

Nah, they can't sack him while he keeps us in the top flight. It is fucking miserable the vast majority of the time, but an Accies manager can't be sacked for keeping them up.
It's completely different from a fan's point of view though. We get thrashing after thrashing then a win every five games or so that manages to keep us up.
You spend most of your time at the football wishing you were anywhere else, but hey, he keeps us up.
Last season we finished with fewer points than Richie Foran's horrendous Inverness side did and won three games from New Year to the end of the season.
We won seven league games the season before.
The season before that we lost three or more goals on an average of every four games, including an 8-1 defeat to Celtic and 4-1 to Annan.
When he was first appointed, he won three games between the middle of January to the end of the season, keeping us up solely due to Alex Neil.
It's shite, but it's shite in the top flight.

Is there another manager out there that could realistically do much better though? I suppose you could look at Livingston as they are probably on a similar budget to yourselves but will be interesting to see how long their form lasts.

• 1 month later...
On 16/12/2018 at 11:15, Desp said:

As long as Hamilton are above the bottom two, Canning will be safe.

I'll go for Lennon chucking it in January when he doesn't get the players he wants

Oi Oi! 

Archived