Smokies v Rovers

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No pressure on Arbroath with the lead they have ,all the pressure  on Rovers as its a game we cannot afford to lose.As its stands,minimal chance of winning the league,lose on Saturday,the fat lady has sung

Expect a poor travelling support

Have to laugh at sad Stevo though,he spends more tme on Rovers threads hoping they get beat than he does on his own team threads.He,d rather see Rovers get beat than his own team win

8 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

This is dick campbells world and we are all just living in it. Lewis Vaughan to return home via the queen mother wing @ arbroath infirmary.

Probable considering the tactics at Starks Pk. Kick the shit out of him for 45minutes minutes and hope he doesn't return. I'm sure the same tactics will prevail. 

Probable considering the tactics at Starks Pk. Kick the shit out of him for 45minutes minutes and hope he doesn't return. I'm sure the same tactics will prevail. 

Thought this was all done and dusted? If you watch the highlights back there are some hard cracking fair challenges from our back 4, you know what defenders are supposed to do. Your blonde hair wannabe Ramos at the back is a dirty b*****d every single time I see him so you can't take the moral high ground

8 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

No pressure on Arbroath with the lead they have ,all the pressure  on Rovers as its a game we cannot afford to lose.As its stands,minimal chance of winning the league,lose on Saturday,the fat lady has sung

Expect a poor travelling support

Have to laugh at sad Stevo though,he spends more tme on Rovers threads hoping they get beat than he does on his own team threads.He,d rather see Rovers get beat than his own team win

Clearly bothered.

We can be very, very good going forward and very, very bad in defence. Whilst providing entertaining games, that does not win titles. 

A win here would put us back in with a wee shout, not much more. But we need Arbroath to have an off day and we will need to defend much, much better. 

Vaughan coming on yesterday made a huge difference so hopefully he can finally go on a consistent run. 

Don't see a huge crowd for this one. We had 400 odd at Montrose so imagine similar to that - which is a shame as if the gap was closer it could have been a pretty big away support. 

Again, no real problem if there are any robust tactics. I'd absolutely love us to do the same in a game like this as you need to if you want to achieve anything. Nice teams rarely win leagues at this level - and we are a physical enough team to be able to mix it up a bit.

Aberdeen bypass is open though so looking forward to getting to a game in under an hour. 

We can be very, very good going forward and very, very bad in defence. Whilst providing entertaining games, that does not win titles. 
A win here would put us back in with a wee shout, not much more. But we need Arbroath to have an off day and we will need to defend much, much better. 
Vaughan coming on yesterday made a huge difference so hopefully he can finally go on a consistent run. 
Don't see a huge crowd for this one. We had 400 odd at Montrose so imagine similar to that - which is a shame as if the gap was closer it could have been a pretty big away support. 
Again, no real problem if there are any robust tactics. I'd absolutely love us to do the same in a game like this as you need to if you want to achieve anything. Nice teams rarely win leagues at this level - and we are a physical enough team to be able to mix it up a bit.
Aberdeen bypass is open though so looking forward to getting to a game in under an hour. 

It's great having a team full of boys who get stuck in. The back 4 won't pull out of anything and they're all solid guys. I don't think we have a dirty player in the team either, TOB likes to leave a bit at times and is someone who is prone to getting involved in silly stuff from time to time but he's one of the best players I've seen play for us. Love this team, really hope we can keep DC and a lot of our players for a long time.

1 hour ago, SimonLichtie said:

This is quite clearly gonna be 7/8 pages of utter, utter shite build up before the game on Saturday. God help us.

P.S Fifers are all smelly and Arbroath is da best!!!1111!!!

You could keep it interesting by offering relationship tips? The festive period is a really stressful time for families and tests relationships to the full. I’ll start...

Dear Simon,

A nasty man with a flat cap and a dirty old man’s raincoat shouted abuse at me recently at Stark’s Park. This has caused me sleepless nights. Thankfully the police appeared and made him go away, but this incident has made me scared to go out on my own. Without wanting to be too unkind, and without wanting this post to appear in the Arbroath dressing room, why was this fat, bald bellend of a man such a dickhead? Maybe he is having some form of relationship issues. I understand he is often seen in the Arbroath area, and given your track record, I wondered if you could intercede on my behalf and offer him some advice.

Seasons Greetings,

S. Bear

13 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

You could keep it interesting by offering relationship tips? The festive period is a really stressful time for families and tests relationships to the full. I’ll start...

Dear Simon,

A nasty man with a flat cap and a dirty old man’s raincoat shouted abuse at me recently at Stark’s Park. This has caused me sleepless nights. Thankfully the police appeared and made him go away, but this incident has made me scared to go out on my own. Without wanting to be too unkind, and without wanting this post to appear in the Arbroath dressing room, why was this fat, bald bellend of a man such a dickhead? Maybe he is having some form of relationship issues. I understand he is often seen in the Arbroath area, and given your track record, I wondered if you could intercede on my behalf and offer him some advice.

Seasons Greetings,

S. Bear

Mr Bear,

Thankfully I can report that based on my experiences yesterday, the individual in question doesn't appear to have any relationship issues as he took his good lady to the football, treating her to a nice pre match drink, a hospitality box at the game and even serenaded her and the Arbroath fans at full time with a couple of minutes of delightful dancing to celebrate yet another win for his superb football team. It seems the individual in question  actually has touchline issues,  and this is the problem. It would appear he has some form of yet unidentified syndrome (at this point we will simply refer to it as angry b*****ditus) whereby whenever he stands beside the touchline during a football match, he loses all self control and is consumed with rage and fury. Although not fully diagnosed by a doctor as of yet, those lovely chaps at the SFA have stepped in on a few occasions and politely asked him to spend some time in the stand to try and appease his angry b*****ditus.

I appreciate your coming to me.  what with my proven track record and expert advice previously given on these very forums a number of years ago, but in this case I can assure you there is nothing to worry about.

Archived