Smokies v Rovers

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raith by far the better team yesterday and deserved the win. The red card, as wild as it was, deflects from our poor performance. Both Rovers wingers were brilliant, can only hope Armstrong isn’t here after January.
Have to add that it’s hilarious seeing forfar and Montrose fans queuing up to have a pop because we’ve actually lost a game, laugh out loud.

Great day out. Didn't expect anything from the match but there was a great atmosphere from even before the match, fans were well up for it. 

Arbroath were alright in spells, they moved the ball about quickly and forced Thomson into some savas. That said, we defended very very well. Linn is the danger man, and he barely got a sniff.  

Even at 11 vs 11 I reckon would have been comfortable enough. Just one of those gamers where the tactics were spot on. 

Campbell and the Arbroath website I think seemed to have the aasertion that they were the better side second half and I just don't understand it.  They had the chance with lad Smith and that was literally it. We could really have been 3 or 4 up with the chances we had in the half, and as the game went on we saw it out incredibly comfortably. His interview also smacked of arrogance to be honest. 

Ten points is a big gap, so its still a long shot. It's all about how both sides react to this. It could be game on next week, or all over again. 

Great attendance though and a great home crowd, but great atmosphere in the away end. And absolute seethe from Home fans at the end. Braw. 

Great day out. Didn't expect anything from the match but there was a great atmosphere from even before the match, fans were well up for it. 

Arbroath were alright in spells, they moved the ball about quickly and forced Thomson into some savas. That said, we defended very very well. Linn is the danger man, and he barely got a sniff.  

Even at 11 vs 11 I reckon would have been comfortable enough. Just one of those gamers where the tactics were spot on. 

Campbell and the Arbroath website I think seemed to have the aasertion that they were the better side second half and I just don't understand it.  They had the chance with lad Smith and that was literally it. We could really have been 3 or 4 up with the chances we had in the half, and as the game went on we saw it out incredibly comfortably. His interview also smacked of arrogance to be honest. 

Ten points is a big gap, so its still a long shot. It's all about how both sides react to this. It could be game on next week, or all over again. 

Great attendance though and a great home crowd, but great atmosphere in the away end. And absolute seethe from Home fans at the end. Braw. 

Easy saying that but it was only 2-0, game was hard enough as it is with TOB missing then Swankie getting taken out of midfield.

One goal changes it massively and we got into some good positions a goal wasn't beyond us. Soon as Swankie was off we were struggling. We'd played poor enough as it is without him so after that was always a struggle.

I don't think you created much in the first half, the 2 goals were a stunning free kick and the second cross from a corner. Second half you got into a lot of good positions but game was stretched and we had 10 men was always happening.

Still think that moment right at the start where Doris took that shot on with his left instead of rolling it to a wide open Bobby Linn was massive, positive Bobby would've scored

46 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Raith by far the better team yesterday and deserved the win. The red card, as wild as it was, deflects from our poor performance. Both Rovers wingers were brilliant, can only hope Armstrong isn’t here after January.
Have to add that it’s hilarious seeing forfar and Montrose fans queuing up to have a pop because we’ve actually lost a game, laugh out loud.

A very rational post . Credit to you Lichtie78.

Good to see that not all fellow Lichties are total roasters with very little balanced perspective. 

Only one thing to disagree with....Really hope Armstrong is here after January.:thumsup2

A very rational post . Credit to you Lichtie78.
Good to see that not all fellow Lichties are total roasters with very little balanced perspective. 
Only one thing to disagree with....Really hope Armstrong is here after January.:thumsup2

Glad I chose not to post immediately after the game, believe me it wouldn’t have been nearly as sensible :lol:

[emoji115][emoji115]

Not a complete roaster. Novel.

Big and deserved three points yesterday.If we had lost gap would have been 16 points,insurmountable,10 points not so much and although its a fair gap think its doable

Great turn out by both sets of supporters and blew my earlier prediction of be lucky if theres 1500 and lucky if there would be 300 Rovers supporters right out the water

Campbells post match interview is laughable 

Bitter man

20 hours ago, grumswall said:
20 hours ago, tazz1903 said:
Well done . you are 10 points behind a part-time club . enjoy well deserved ?  Make me laugh , big club ? LOL emoji38.png

6 points ahead of your part time team in the best season you've had in a generation... "LOL"

Well I would hope so , full time (big) club v part time team . 6 points ahead  is that something to boast about ? We even beat you last time we played you . :shutup

A wee asides, as I didn't go yesterday listened into the commentary on Raith TV and was amused to hear that true maroon smokies legend uncle fester, applied for the last two managerial positions at the San Starko, but was knocked back twice (maybe for being a townie) good to see that he is still trying to improve and is still trying for a bigger club.......

A wee asides, as I didn't go yesterday listened into the commentary on Raith TV and was amused to hear that true maroon smokies legend uncle fester, applied for the last two managerial positions at the San Starko, but was knocked back twice (maybe for being a townie) good to see that he is still trying to improve and is still trying for a bigger club.......
[emoji476]

Fake news.

All this talk about the League brings back memories of last season with Ayr United; mind you it was more of a seesaw with tem than Arbroath.
I recall we were 10(?) points ahead at one stage?
...and blew it!!    :huh:

We had a couple of games in hand though

7 hours ago, Hammerafc said:

You'd think Raith were the only team to have players out this season. We have had Thomson, O,Brien, Whatley, Swankie, Denholm, Kadar, McKenna, Doris, Wallace, Smith all out or unavailable so far this season.

ETA Toshney also was crocked 1 game after signing

Not at the same time though!

Archived