Smokies v Rovers

Can the fightback start here?

13 points is a fair amount of points to try and claw back against a team who haven’t lost a league game yet.

Still, if you’re a Rovers fan you’ve got to hope it can happen.

I don’t want to see that bellend Dick Campbell celebrating at the end of the season.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the slimmest of slim hopes to be honest.

We aren't defending very well at all, and Bobby Linn against Grant Gillespie gives me the fear. 

It's must win, but we aren't good enough to go away from home and put the kind of performance needed for that I don't think. 

If we take a big crowd to Gayfield and with Vaughan starting hopefully this can inject the team with some confidence straight from the off. Chances of us getting a result here are very slim, but this is the magic of football, I’ll be travelling on the chance we take 3 points and I’ll be buzzing at the end. If we lose then it’s expected and can’t be too disappointed (especially after Montrose game)

3 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

No pressure on Arbroath at all, love how Rovers fans are downplaying there chances, 

For a reason.

You guys are in phenomenal form and we're fairly shite away from home.  Only going to be one outcome. An away win.

As if!:rolleyes:

Just now, lichtgilphead said:

So, when do you expect EF to overtake the Rovers? A 6 point gap is easily surmountable...

Never going to happen. We're not a mahoosive full time club like them. They're nearly as big a Clyde ffs.

Good luck to the Smokies though. Hope you pump them rotten next week.

1 win in our last 9 in Angus. Strangely that was the same time last year at Arbroath. We need to win this one to have even the tiniest hope of winning the league but we won’t. 

Arbroath’s solid defence is the difference between both sides. They know if they score they won’t lose the game because they can rely on their defence which is a luxury we don’t have at the moment.

We’re averaging over 2 goals a game away from home and have scored in every game this season yet we’ve only won 3 away games. Not sure what can be done to change it before January, hopefully Crane is fit to come back in and Wright replaces Thomson.

Not checked the weather yet but I’d imagine there’s every chance this game could be called off which probably wouldn’t be the worst thing for us right now.

1 win in our last 9 in Angus. Strangely that was the same time last year at Arbroath. We need to win this one to have even the tiniest hope of winning the league but we won’t. 
Arbroath’s solid defence is the difference between both sides. They know if they score they won’t lose the game because they can rely on their defence which is a luxury we don’t have at the moment.
We’re averaging over 2 goals a game away from home and have scored in every game this season yet we’ve only won 3 away games. Not sure what can be done to change it before January, hopefully Crane is fit to come back in and Wright replaces Thomson.
Not checked the weather yet but I’d imagine there’s every chance this game could be called off which probably wouldn’t be the worst thing for us right now.

Met office only showing up to Friday, Friday looks really calm.

Archived