Edinburgh Vs Elgin

Battle of the cities!

The games are coming at us quickly these days, and Elgin come to Ainslie Park on Saturday to provide another test for the current league leaders.

Weather is to be a bit baltic so wrap up warmly!

I'll settle for a 1-0 win for us  just to stay top.

1 hour ago, elginer said:

Not at this game but the usual defensive problems I see. 33 goals lost in 16 games is unacceptable. Can anyone report on the game?

Elgin looked the more likely winners at 1 all. 2nd Edinburgh goal top drawer finish but Elgin should have had a free kick. 3rd goal  of which ended the contest  was offside and fourth irrelevant but was deflected 

3 hours ago, elginer said:

Not at this game but the usual defensive problems I see. 33 goals lost in 16 games is unacceptable. Can anyone report on the game?

First half Edinburgh were on top, got 1-0 up should probably been 2 up by half-time.  

However, second half they then got a bit complacent, and it was all Elgin for 20 minutes.  Elgin levelled through a howler from the Edinburgh goalie, and had a few other chances, and after an hour I'm thinking Elgin might win this.

However, Next came an absolute top quality finish from Alan Smith to put Edinburgh back in front.  With the confidence back the league leaders finished strongly.

Blair Henderson got his hat-trick but really should have scored 5 as he missed a couple of easy chances as well.

If this game had finished about 6-3 that would be fair.

Thoroughly entertaining stuff yesterday. A lesson for those who were too hungover or thought it would be too cold (it was bloody cold).

As others have said, thought we could have been 2 or 3 up at half time and was worried a bit of Sutherland magic might drag Elgin back into it, didn’t expect us to invite them back in and to make themselves comfortable. From there Elgin could have won it but equally we could have had about 6. Some goal for Smithy for the second, he must be one of the best attackers in the league.

Great to see Danny Galbraith make his debut, didn’t expect it to be as our deepest lying midfielder right enough.

Only sour note is Lairdy’s hamstring. For me he’s the best player in the division and if he’s out for any length of time we’ll be in real bother.

Would imagine that’ll be my last game of the year so all in all a lovely way to end 2018 from a fitba point of view.

Got to say well done to Blair Henderson, he seems to be the player the fans hate but he lets his goals speak for him 16 in 16 games,  can't argue with that. 63 goals in 113 (edited)  League 2 starts is a good return too. I don't understand why he gets so much criticism tbf. 

Maybe a few Berwick, Annan or Stirling fans should swallow a bit of humble pie and we certainly all could do with a few of his goals this season. 

Archived