Weatherwatch - 15th Dec 2018

27 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Forfar WE v Downfield off an hour ago. Still nothing on the ERSJFA twitter.

Today's really showing the difference in communication standards between the ERSJFA and the EOSFL.

http://www.ultrasoft2.co.uk/ersjfa/default.asp

All postponed games are up to date.

Shitter is not for everyone.

12 minutes ago, superbigal said:

http://www.ultrasoft2.co.uk/ersjfa/default.asp

All postponed games are up to date.

Shitter is not for everyone.

So? It is for a lot of people, and more to the point, it's a better place for notifications than on a website.

Is your argument "they put it on the website so they don't need to do anything else"? If so, that's a great example of how badly the juniors is run.

ETA The ERSJFA has a twitter account. Right now the top three tweets are today's fixtures - most of which are off. It's blindingly obvious to anyone who gives a shit that they ought to be tweeting postponements too.

There is a problem though with so many options.  I've found myself getting conflicting news in the past on the Rose official website, the Facebook page, the Runboard forum, PieandBovril and Twitter.  Which one is the most reliable?

In theory our twitter automatically shows on the website.

FB and forums have been reliable of late for cancellations.

4 hours ago, th1stleandr0se said:

There is a problem though with so many options.  I've found myself getting conflicting news in the past on the Rose official website, the Facebook page, the Runboard forum, PieandBovril and Twitter.  Which one is the most reliable?

I don't use FB, but this morning's cancellation was on Twitter and on here within seconds. 

Archived