• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
MixuFixit

Infuriating things your parents do

2 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

My parents have decided it’s perfectly acceptable to bring a torch to restaurants in order to read the menus.

I have to make sure my parents don't read this forum. They would do this, 100%.

Tbf, I can see me bringing out my headtorch when I'm in my 60s. The lighting in some restaurants, combined with the ridiculously small font size of menus, isn't great for the boomer generation.

29 minutes ago, velo army said:

Tbf, I can see me bringing out my headtorch when I'm in my 60s. The lighting in some restaurants, combined with the ridiculously small font size of menus, isn't great for the boomer generation.

Tbf, the boomer generation could do with missing a few meals to free up food (and ideally houses) for the rest of us.

I’m loving this thread, bunnet off to the OP, parents are strange.
Which actually reminds me of a post-divorce conversation I had with my late father when aged 15-16, me, not him.
Me and a few mates used to smoke illicitly between a pair of garage supports as they protected us from the wind, unfortunately (for me), these supports were at the bottom of my back garden.
One evening, my dad sneaked out via the garage & shouted at all of us, maybe ten people of mixed sex & ages, that we were all welcome to smoke in our dining room, as we might “catch our deaths of cold” by sneakily smoking outside.
Real logic applied there.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

When my dad is taking pictures, he slides his glasses down his nose and looks over the top of them, then holds the phone higher and further away from himself so he can see the screen. This is instead of actually using his reading glasses to look at the thing from a regular distance and having his neck in a normal position. It should amuse me more than it infuriates me, but I've seen him do it so many times now it makes me want to cave his head in.

I've said before, this is nature's way of preparing you for the inevitable.

Old people get to a stage they are so irritating it's a relief when they are gone. It's why people laugh and enjoy their funerals. They'll tell you it's happy memories of a life well lived etc, but is it fùck.

1 hour ago, A96 said:

At the risk of sounding a wee bit callous ....I hope that's your dad and nae your teenage son you're speaking aboot

Oh yes! The dad. One parent down and one annoying one to go. 

9 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I've said before, this is nature's way of preparing you for the inevitable.

Old people get to a stage they are so irritating it's a relief when they are gone. It's why people laugh and enjoy their funerals. They'll tell you it's happy memories of a life well lived etc, but is it fùck.

My mum has now got some alarm thing round her neck like a geriatric Flavor Flav. 

1 minute ago, Deontay WildPar said:

My mum has now got some alarm thing round her neck like a geriatric Flavor Flav. 

Mine had it on her neck and more all round the house. She must've arse dialled the helpline 10 times a day.

I'll qualify my earlier post. The other side of the coin is, they get bitter and hate you and your pathetic attempt at life. They'd rather you didn't come, you find them irritating. Staying away is a win/win situation.

Don't buy that Salvation Army "lonely" shite. Let them visit if they care that much.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

All you people should just f**k off and be grateful for all your parents have had to put up with , and in some cases are still putting up with.

Ungrateful bunch of tossers.

Well said, GD

My parents and brother take ages to do things like leave the house or go to bed. Be up and down the stairs about 4 times when leaving the house in the morning and in/out of rooms multiple times aswell. There is absolutely no need for it. My dad also listens to things way too loud, there is no need for me to be in the kitchen being able to hear whatever shite Discovery car show he is watching.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Is that the best you can come up with?  That's pathetic.

Square go invite incoming...

4 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

My mum and dad both call bacon 'ham'.:huh:

At least there's some sort of logic in that , as both come from pigs

My better half and her parents refer to all kinds of meat as "beef", especially cold meats

Obviously I have to pick her up on this as often as possible.  So , when we're getting fed at the out-laws I'll be asked by Mrs A96 if I'm wanting mair beef.  And I'll feign confusion by saying "Oh , is there beef too ?....I thought there was just ham"

"Well, ham , then  !....you ken fine fit ah meant !!

Edited by A96
Made an arse of it

1 hour ago, A96 said:

At least there's some sort of logic in that , as both come from pigs

My better half and her parents refer to all kinds of meat as "beef", especially cold meats

Obviously I have to pick her up on this as often as possible.  So , when we're getting fed at the out-laws I'll be asked by Mrs A96 if I'm wanting mair beef.  And I'll feign confusion by saying "Oh , is there beef too ?....I thought there was just ham"

"Well, beef , then  !....you ken fine fit ah meant !!

It's beef!

images-3.jpeg

3 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

My parents have decided it’s perfectly acceptable to bring a torch to restaurants in order to read the menus.

Get them a matching pair of these for Christmas.

6370BB43-69DF-4760-9378-0DB6414FC57E.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Wid

6 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

A hard helmet.   The gift that keeps on giving

My dad lives in Spain, and has spent years working all over.  I don't speak to him that much but I'll get a random text at 11am asking if I fancy a few pints before the football, and probably a few after as well.  What kind of notice is that to give someone, who literally doesn't have a fucking clue what country he happens to be in at any given time.  He's clearly had flights booked and arranged to stay at my uncles so a bit of notice, preferably more than an hour, wouldn't go a miss.

Edited by MONKMAN

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

All you people should just f**k off and be grateful for all your parents have had to put up with , and in some cases are still putting up with.

Ungrateful bunch of tossers.

Parents aren't beyond criticism just because they happen to be your parents. I doubt the Philpott or the West's kids would be shy in getting tore into their parents shortcomings. Assuming they were all alive of course.