Hurlford v Talbot

BC63

1 hour ago, Smudger said:
4 hours ago, Kilbowie Benches said:
The vast majority of Clydebank fans voted to leave the Juniors to join the pyramid.
If clubs like Hurlford and Talbot are not going to get licensed and accept promotion once the Juniors are in the pyramid then we’ll be leaving.
Thats got nothing to do with being Billy Big Boots it’s just that our fans want the club to progress and play at the highest level possible.

Highest level listen pal your club is playing at it's highest level . Your team canny even win the league your in and you want to move up diluded me thinks

We’ll see what happens,interesting times.

One thing is for sure,it’s all going to change for some “Junior  Giants” :lol:

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

The vast majority of Clydebank fans voted to leave the Juniors to join the pyramid.

If clubs like Hurlford and Talbot are not going to get licensed and accept promotion once the Juniors are in the pyramid then we’ll be leaving.

Thats got nothing to do with being Billy Big Boots it’s just that our fans want the club to progress and play at the highest level possible.

You're now showing your ignorance to be compatible with your other posts. You have absolutely NO idea on how clubs like Hurlford and Auchinleck are approaching club licencing, and you really would be best advised to rein some of your comments in before you make a complete and utter arse of yourself.

2 hours ago, hague said:

To many bankies fans forget we were a junior club for 65 years before the steedmans dragged us into the sfl  to me clydebank will always be a junior club and I have no interest in joining the pyramid. Also to many of our fans show a lot of disrespect to a grade who took us back when we had no where else to go.

I would've been happier to see us join SOS for this season and give it a shot to get into LL for next season. That was what the vast majority of Trust members voted for - to join the pyramid. However for various reasons it couldn't happen. I now think we're in one of 3 really competitive non-league divisions in Scotland and I do hope it follows that West Premier will join as a de facto WOS league - with promotion to LL. The winners of our league should be in a good position to vie for winning LL and a play off for to Div 2. I'm not overly bothered what it's called ... it can remain Junior in name for what it's worth or retain the Scottish Junior Cup as an enhanced non-league trophy - incl Highland League. That would be a fitting nod to history. 

Btw I think some of our fan base ARE too quick to write off what is such a competitive grade - which is daft as it's developing and moving nicely to what many of us hoped. We're not quite there with competing at Top of Juniors - Talbot- with 40 years of getting their act together - and Hurlford- with pretty decent resources available to them - are hard to knock off their perch but we're improving and the park when developed will help in that. btw let's not forget that all you need to do is make a tongue in cheek comment on a thread - which I did on the Talbot v Aye thread -and you get a whole wave of Junkie / Gypsy knee jerk responses so there are people just waiting to jump on anything that even sounds like a sleight. Both the teams mentioned on this thread are in pretty good nick and will finish 1st and 2nd I think... possibly compete the final again - draws permitting. Both would do really well in LL and I hope they're in it before too long  ... alongside us of course 

19 minutes ago, Bella La ghostie said:

Not really sure why I should be asking this on this thread, but here it is anyway. Has work really started on Holm Park and when is the planned opening?  I would hope for a response from one of the many sensible Bankies. 

I've been told the work will start in January so all going well be ready for next season 

Archived