Ruined Christmas stories

ICTChris

On 13/12/2018 at 08:58, Gnash said:

Have any P&Bers had steam literally coming from their ears?

Haven't read through this yet so apologies if late to the party. Not had steam but definitely smoke. The venue was the Istanbul Barbers in Haymarket - not long after they opened. They were building trade so for the price of a trim you got extras. I was somewhat aghast at the sight of a cut thrust razor but that paled when I saw him setting light to some sort of taper. The flame was then flicked towards my ears before being extinguished by a deft slap. The key to not being burnt was the timing of the slap. So aye, smoke rather than steam and a smell of burning for the next few hours. 

Sorry for deflecting from shite Santa experiences. "Where's me fuckin bike?"

On 12/14/2018 at 11:47, Herman Hessian said:

i always enjoy hearing about houses that burn down due to festive fires started by faulty christmas lights

pre-christmas day ones are the best when "hundreds of pounds' worth of presents were destroyed in the blaze"

8)

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1060250/family-home-destroyed-fire-faulty-christmas-lights

image.thumb.png.35904289da2552843214db1798119960.png

another one - there's something going on here - no festive crispy pets ???

no mention of christmas lights here - or fire-retardent religious texts - but bonus points for birthday AND christmas presents going up, and for not having contents insurance:

also - another couple who fucked off out on the piss, leaving their house to burn down...

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/woman-haunted-after-melton-house-fire-destroys-christmas-presents-1-5811109

image.thumb.png.af7acb41a23a19852065f3db45e16bda.png

As a kid we always had a little robin on the tree. It was pretty realistic. Having our Christmas dinner the cat appears and spat out the robin next to the table. Only it turned out to be a real robin. The cat really got into the festive spirit there.

ahhh - this may be even better than house fires !

where to even start:

pregnant women - young children - disabled people (on chairs !) - small babies - travel carnage - oh the humanity !

passengers claiming to be terrorists in an attempt to get off a plane

break the news to the kids - great time to put the whole santa charade to the sword IMO

police drones - i'd fucking pay good money to watch battling drones overhead at an international airport - ideally armed with lasers or miniature guided missiles and shit; craig charles - you're ancient history - GTF !

pet travel agents - crates !

image.thumb.png.2891b9a4c57e9eb7799d07f5b0ae5631.png

1 hour ago, Herman Hessian said:

where to even start:

pregnant women - young children - disabled people (on chairs !) - small babies - travel carnage - oh the humanity !

break the news to the kids - great time to put the whole santa charade to the sword IMO

police drones - i'd fucking pay good money to watch battling drones overhead at an international airport - ideally armed with lasers or miniature guided missiles and shit; craig charles - you're ancient history - GTF !

Toy Story 4 plot right there.

where to even start:

Lorna Johnston

10 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Hope the person who said they were a terrorist gets chucked in the cells until the New Year.

could really do with the herberts who are controlling the drones getting four years or so inside as a genuine deterrent, too, rather than the inevitable two-hour community service order and a contract to present a tech show on youtube that they'll probably end up with...

On the face of it , a fine example of a photo that typically accompanies this sort of story.

But I'm dubious that this jakey looking cvnt is actually a pilot.  I reckon one of the hacks at the Press Association HQ  has just borrowed a Security Guard's jumper for a quick photo before heading back to the Christmas party

BBRdrSa.jpg

Edited by A96

1 hour ago, Herman Hessian said:

could really do with the herberts who are controlling the drones getting four years or so inside as a genuine deterrent, too, rather than the inevitable two-hour community service order and a contract to present a tech show on youtube that they'll probably end up with...

I think they'd have it sorted by now if only the jobsworths coppers at the airport weren't so territorial.

image.png.177809409ee4bb65149dbbf5bdf2e5a1.png

On 13/12/2018 at 20:51, peasy23 said:

I was too young to remember it as I wasn't quite 3 yet, but my Grandad died on Christmas Eve, I would guess that must have put a bit of a damper on Christmas. Flip side though is I suppose it would have been extra dinner for everybody else.

Did he fit in the oven okay with all the Roasties and stuff ?

4 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

I think they'd have it sorted by now if only the jobsworths coppers at the airport weren't so territorial.

image.png.177809409ee4bb65149dbbf5bdf2e5a1.png

genuinely surprised at the time it's taking to resolve all this; surely - if '24' and the like are to be believed, there's a high-tech government surveillance facility somewhere (I'm looking at you, GCHQ)  which can easily detect and pinpoint the source of the radio signals controlling the drone(s) and direct a hit-squad to take the fuckers out or jam the wavelengths or something ? it's becoming apparent that our national defence against cyber-attacks and what have you is no better than a free version of norton anti-virus off a PC Gamer cover disc - where are all the cloaking devices, scanning utilities, detection protocols and the like ?

failing that - cats are fucking ace at catching flying stuff - ours have brought down bats and dragonflies, all sorts...