Ruined Christmas stories

ICTChris

Excuse the Daily Mail link, but the annual “my turkey was off, Christmas was ruined” story has dropped. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6528907/Families-complain-supermarkets-RUINED-Christmas-mouldy-turkeys.html

For once some of the top rated comments are sensible. This one has almost certainly hit the nail on the head:

Half the people complaining about Turkeys being off this christmas probably got the Turkey and then went shopping for a few hours for the rest of the christmas shopping leaving the Turkey in the boot of their car or in their carrier bags for hours on end probably causing it to go off.

Obviously some will also just be statistical bad luck. Which is why if you’re hosting people for Christmas lunch/dinner you should have some kind of backup plan. 

14 hours ago, The Master said:

Obviously some will also just be statistical bad luck. Which is why if you’re hosting people for Christmas lunch/dinner you should have some kind of backup plan. 

I cooked Xmas dinner for 18 yesterday, and if you'd have dropped this pearl to me on discovering it was fucked my backup plan would have been you.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59811839?at_campaign=64&at_custom4=FCC5C76C-6961-11EC-86AF-1F5E0EDC252D&at_custom2=twitter&at_custom3=%40BBCScotlandNews&at_medium=custom7&at_custom1=[post+type]

They don't go as far as say it was cancelled, but these folk are down on their luck and went to the National Broadcaster with a story of national importance. They had Christmas day on deck chairs.

There are folk without houses, relatives dying or no food in their house and these folk think no sofa is a news story. There is also a boy in the article who bought a sofa too big for his house. Moron.

f**k off.

Tony Sinden of Fife in Scotland ordered a corner suite and a footstool from Sofology at the beginning of October, for £2,898.

On November 27, a delivery team arrived at his house but only part of the new suite could fit through his door. Sofology delivery staff told him they were unable to take the unit apart and reassemble it inside.

The company said they'd send another team in 24 hours but none came. When Mr Sinden went to a Sofology store to complain, sales staff told him they couldn't help and he'd need to call the company's customer care line.

"I've never come across a situation where you walk into a store and they take no ownership," he said. "I sat on the phone for 2.5 hours to be cut off at caller number four, from 200," he says.

Three grand on a couch. Must be some life.

On 26/12/2018 at 00:58, The Master said:

even if I am just wanting two boiled eggs in the morning, I have bacon under the grill and some pancakes on the go just in case the eggs don't turn out as well as I would have hoped. 

3 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

even if I am just wanting two boiled eggs in the morning, I have bacon under the grill and some pancakes on the go just in case the eggs don't turn out as well as I would have hoped. 

I like your thinking.

I make double the amount needed in case an unexpected visitor arrives.

An old boss of mine told me that when she was 7 her brother was too tired to get out of bed to see what Santa had brought.

Imagine his (and mum's) face when they walked in to find every single present unwrapped by her.

Every year after that they were only allowed down once mum allowed.  Although apparently for the first couple of years he was downstairs like a whippet as soon as mum gave the go ahead.