Ruined Christmas stories

ICTChris

This is essential viewing for anyone out there who is fed up decorating Christmas trees, buying cards and gifts which you know won't be appreciated, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.

I have to watch this every year at this time - it's the only way  I can get through it.

4 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Nothing says Christmas like the collapse of a savings club.

images-2.jpeg

'Eh like tae put £20 a month aside towards Christmas but Eh dinnae trust myself no tae raid it when times are hard during the year.  So, instead, Eh put it intae a savings club - and tempt somebody else tae raid it instead.'

2 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

I was too young to remember it as I wasn't quite 3 yet, but my Grandad died on Christmas Eve, I would guess that must have put a bit of a damper on Christmas. Flip side though is I suppose it would have been extra dinner for everybody else.

Hopefully the family kept the receipts as well.

Just now, peasy23 said:

I was too young to remember it as I wasn't quite 3 yet, but my Grandad died on Christmas Eve, I would guess that must have put a bit of a damper on Christmas. Flip side though is I suppose it would have been extra dinner for everybody else.

I was born on Christmas Eve. What better gift than that?

12 hours ago, Shotgun said:

I spent the run up to Christmas 1991 in Adelaide, Australia where for some reason, they celebrate it in the middle of summer.

I'm taking a wild guess it's because December is in summer in Oz - crazy idea though as you suggest

I'm taking a wild guess it's because December is in summer in Oz - crazy idea though as you suggest

Now you’re just being silly. You can’t just move December to summer. Nobody would stand for it. It would play havoc with the football fixtures for one thing.

8 hours ago, peasy23 said:

How would one even cook a Grandad? 

2 hours ago, Shotgun said:

Now you’re just being silly. You can’t just move December to summer. Nobody would stand for it. It would play havoc with the football fixtures for one thing.

At least the shops wouldn't be so busy!

7 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Forgot that I bought a copy of this (a one-off I'd like to add):

20181214_073952.thumb.jpg.589d43ce93077ed47ee7c4ae29bab528.jpg

For avoidance of doubt, yes, that does indeed also say "I found mum MURDERED under my Xmas tree"

That murdered mum has* a bigger 5 o'clock shadow than me, and I've got a beard. 

*had