Clyde vs Annan

2 hours ago, Highland Bully Wee said:

I had the misfortune of watching Inverness v Dundee United today with my Arab colleagues and gents as being judgmental what a load of Championship pish. Looking forward to seeing my beloved  BullyWee at the Coatbridge Bernabeau next week and the Arabs would love having Rankin & Goodwillie back... No  eefing danger...

Very delusional comparing C  to ICT or D UTD

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Officer Barbrady said:

Like how they credit us when we frequent their town? 

No ta. Eff 'em. 

What a joker - relegate yourself to private Mister Officer.

The old ( & some young ) loyal Clyde fans are  very welcome and behaved in the

clubhouse.

Some of  the other arse holes just  benefitting  from cheap booze down the  high  street and setting  off flares up North Street. Do us a favour - stay away.

3 hours ago, the philosopher said:

What a joker - relegate yourself to private Mister Officer.

The old ( & some young ) loyal Clyde fans are  very welcome and behaved in the

clubhouse.

Some of  the other arse holes just  benefitting  from cheap booze down the  high  street and setting  off flares up North Street. Do us a favour - stay away.

And this, children, is what is known as a backward mentality. Do heed the warning signs.

9 hours ago, SLClyde said:

Conditions were horrendous to play in. Thought we were the better team first half, Annan offered absolutely nothing and don’t remember Currie having a save to make. 

Second half Annan were more dangerous but thought it was high balls more than anything else, given we conceded 3 from set pieces a fortnight ago it was good to see us defending at least a bit better. 

We have a nice gap over Annan and Elgin, would let a few go in January to bring a few in. 

Thought Boyle was ok, but offered more to us than Syvertsen does I think. Would give him a run of games. 

Not his biggest fan,but credit where it’s due- Currie made a save in the 6th minute from a shot by  their Number 9 Aiden Smith. 

I’m reminded of the travel guide I wrote
after a visit to Annan a couple of seasons ago, the 3-3 game. Nothing had changed when I visited last year.

“You may be surprised by the hidden sophistication of the typical small town Scottish hostelry and those who serve.
For instance should we be inclined to ask for a couple of Pernod and Babycham,
the barstaff will,without a second thought, simply ask,"Sweet or dry Babycham?"
("Dry", being the correct reply by the way.)

A few more pointers to the etiquette of a rural pub in Scotland-and believe me not a lot has changed in 40 years.
1/ The hole in the lid of a Scotch pie. If the server puts their finger in it as they
bring it to you from the microwave, remember they are testing the temperature to ensure it is properly cooked not attempting to taint it. Food safety is paramount.

2/ Should an infant be running around out of parental control, and you are fearful for its safety, its not advisable to inquire loudly,"Who's the father of this child?". This could lead to an awkward silence punctuated with nervous coughs and foot shuffling.

3/ "Who's next?" Yes the call of the WD Wetherspoon staff. This will not lead to an unpleasant "I wis here first,pal!" style of discussion because you will have already, with tact and discretion, checked out the facial scars and home made tattoos of your rival for service and indicated they are next. They are unlikely to be asking for 2 Lattes , 1 Cappuccino and a hot chocolate with marshmallow, ergo you will not be delayed for too long. (The pub probably has a dedicated Snakebite pump!)

4/ Be wary of accepting a drink from a new "buddy." Whilst it is most likely a genuine gesture of hospitality and goodwill, it could have repercussions. There remains the risk that you may wake up next morning at a remote farmhouse wed to your new pal's  single toothed sister, who remarkably , is more hirsute than her brother, but not her mother. ( Maybe they do beans and haggis for breakfast so it might not be all bad)

5/ What to order? Heavy or lager? No longer such an issue for the discerning drinker. Faced with the increased choice of delicious beverages available from a variety of progressive drinks wholesalers, one can feel confident asking your server their considered opinion as to the individual qualities of each brand. " Cold!", and "Colder!", will be the more common responses. I am reminded of the occasion in The Saracen's Head-admittedly a city hostelry- when alongside the standard beverage "White Lightning", a delicious mix of South African sherry and fortifying spirit, "Red Lighting" was placed on the optic rail.
On being asked on the difference between the 2 aperitifs, Big Alec, the owner said with emphasis, "One's fuckin' white and one's fuckin' rid!" “

Not on the highlights, but if I remember correctly, he was also  called offside  in the first half too from a long ball, he would have been clean through too.  Again didn’t see where the linesman got that one  from?

Still, take that result after enduring the horrible conditions for 90 + mins. Hope the Annan boy who took an age come off the park at 88 mins or whatever had a good night. Sometimes it works I suppose, fortunately for us yesterday it didn’t.

2 hours ago, haufdaft said:

According to today's Sun, Lamont scored 7/10 for his performance. No one scored higher.
This confirms that I know bugger all about football.

A human being of your age and experience, taking the Sun's stats and bringing them here? We should cut you adrift for admitting reading that trash let alone polluting the thread with it. 

Your final sentence i suppose is subjective, but you're getting warmer. 

The correct answer to the MoM question would be Rankin. Again. 

A human being of your age and experience, taking the Sun's stats and bringing them here? We should cut you adrift for admitting reading that trash let alone polluting the thread with it. 
Your final sentence i suppose is subjective, but you're getting warmer. 

I couldn't help seeing it. The gentleman seated in front of me on the omnibus held it open. I tried to avert my eyes avoiding the disgusting rag but was unsuccessful.

17 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I couldn't help seeing it. The gentleman seated in front of me on the omnibus held it open. I tried to avert my eyes avoiding the disgusting rag but was unsuccessful.

Were you sniffing his hair? You'd need to be that close!

We've had patrons like you before. 

Archived