Clyde vs Annan

Poor poor fayre. Tentitive in defence, out muscled in mid field and largely important in attack. 

I was going say that in running my under 13's I'd always say a team that doesn't know what to do with their shy is a team that doesn't now what to do. Ironic that we score 2 weeks into injury time via a shy!

DGW, has on recent showings, gone from best player in div 2 to being a div 2 player. Rankin has earned us 7 points with his goal scoring in recent games and he was pretty poor late Sep onwards.

Danny freshening up the squad? We'll need 6 number plus the bonus ball for that! 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like we've had a number of good chances and taken none of them.

Whoever told you this is a fibber.

The only entertainment in the first 85 minutes was Duffie's fantastic hand ball. It was almost worth the loss of eight fingers to frostbite to see.

The only entertainment in the first 85 minutes was Duffie's fantastic hand ball. It was almost worth the loss of eight fingers to frostbite to see.

Frostbite didn't seem to be a problem for Duffie. He caught the ball cleanly. He hasn't played for ages so must have forgot what sport he was playing.

50 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:
1 hour ago, haufdaft said:

Frostbite didn't seem to be a problem for Duffie. He caught the ball cleanly. He hasn't played for ages so must have forgot what sport he was playing.

It's just not cricket. 

Awful, awful match. I'm afraid we're nowhere near commanding or clinical enough to be taken seriously by the top two. We're just not learning any lessons. Annan were and are exceptionally poor, and are no barometer of 90 minutes work. 

Like how they credit us when we frequent their town? 
No ta. Eff 'em. 
Agreed.ish..OB.

There blazers and stewards asking a few of us to stand in a monsoon when our only guilt was standing in the covered end quietly and making friends as usual with the game at nil nil & only 15 in (That day i personally worked till 12 but still made game via Virgin to Carlisle)..

Though One Home supporter from 100 took offence to our accent and the rest was unecessary and not forgotten...

I wouldnt drop to their levels. Welcome anytime lads

2 hours ago, Clyde85 said:

Any news on why the Norwegian boy wasn't in the squad?

Concussed apparently, I presume after his clash of heads last week.

My favourite moments of today's game:

1. A restart being delayed as Mark Lamont was having his shoelaces tied by an Annan player.

2. Duffie's shock at being involved in a game of football, catching the ball to take a throw-in despite being well in play.

3. The deaf nearside assistant referee.

4. Ray Grant still being cooler than the most freezing of conditions.

5. Max Wright showing a burst of pace.

6. The goal.  Unexpected, and incredibly enjoyable.

I thought it was a terrible game, with the conditions being particularly awful. However, I thought we deserved to take the three points. I disagree that we defended poorly; I thought Annan created almost nothing and didn't cut us open bar a couple of nice touches by Johnston. I'm Rumsby's biggest critic but he was absolutely fine today, Cogill was a class act, and the full-backs did okay defensively and on the ball. I also think the Nicoll/McStay pairing in midfield cuts off a lot; Nicoll stopped the ball getting near our back four for most of the match and McStay has played well in the last four matches since being dropped deeper; he was by far our best user of the ball today. Lamont was rotten (without joking, was he actually too cold or something?), always holding onto the ball for too long and should have been hooked far earlier. Rankin was rubbish as well but popped up with the goal. Goodwillie.... well he contributed a lot more than Annan's number 9 did and we'll leave it at that. Boyle played as well as he ever will; anonymous for long periods but one superb pass to set Goodwillie through, and one superb run and shot that almost yielded the opener. Hopefully he gets a run of games.

Annan, tough, organised side, with almost nothing to offer going forward. They played for a 0-0 and almost got it. Unlucky.

After 16 matches we're miles clear in third, and have our joint best tally since ending up in League 2. It's just a shame Edinburgh (and Peterhead to some extent) are having such a crazy season; they've got more points than Sevco did at this stage! It's not been a bad season so far at all, but if Goodwillie had been on form, and we'd put Cogill into the team earlier, we'd be even closer.

MotM probably Cogill.

1. A restart being delayed as Mark Lamont was having his shoelaces tied by an Annan player.
2. Duffie's shock at being involved in a game of football, catching the ball to take a throw-in despite being well in play.
I thought it was a terrible game, with the conditions being particularly awful. However, I thought we deserved to take the three points. I disagree that we defended poorly; I thought Annan created almost nothing and didn't cut us open bar a couple of nice touches by Johnston. I'm Rumsby's biggest critic but he was absolutely fine today, Cogill was a class act, and the full-backs did okay defensively and on the ball. I also think the Nicoll/McStay pairing in midfield cuts off a lot; Nicoll stopped the ball getting near our back four for most of the match and McStay has played well in the last four matches since being dropped deeper; he was by far our best user of the ball today. Lamont was rotten (without joking, was he actually too cold or something?), always holding onto the ball for too long and should have been hooked far earlier. Rankin was rubbish as well but popped up with the goal. Goodwillie.... well he contributed a lot more than Annan's number 9 did and we'll leave it at that. Boyle played as well as he ever will; anonymous for long periods but one superb pass to set Goodwillie through, and one superb run and shot that almost yielded the opener. Hopefully he gets a run of games.
Annan, tough, organised side, with almost nothing to offer going forward. They played for a 0-0 and almost got it. Unlucky.
After 16 matches we're miles clear in third, and have our joint best tally since ending up in League 2. It's just a shame Edinburgh (and Peterhead to some extent) are having such a crazy season; they've got more points than Sevco did at this stage! It's not been a bad season so far at all, but if Goodwillie had been on form, and we'd put Cogill into the team earlier, we'd be even closer.
MotM probably Cogill.
Funnily enough my aunt wore trousers one time I didn't consider her my uncle
The reason Edinburgh are 10 points clear of us is simple their recruitment during the summer was infinitely better than ours Peterhead kept most of last year's squad and added a few they both have very good defensive records as well as goalscorers
Our points tally isn't bad but to to say is our equal best since entering the league is hardly a reccomendation looking at our record in this league If we can get a couple of players in January then we can have a right good go at the playoffs
The secret to that is getting the stand and perennial bench dwellers to leave

1 hour ago, David W said:

MotM probably Cogill.

Nope. Can't poke holes in any of this, frankly. And i'm a very keen hole-poker. 

I just can't see us, without tightening up in a couple of areas with players we already have, developing anything like a worthy challenge. As a result, i fear days like today will become the benchmark for quality of performance. 

Currie doesn't half like a bounce in his box, does he? He hasn't dominated his area enough once with us to earn the trust required to have this as part of his game, in a team supposedly aiming for success. Applause for 'shotstopping' caused by his own indecision is encouraging our imminent failure just to spare feelings, it seems. 

And defensively, well, wow. Just wow. How in the blue f**k anyone can call that clean sheet a success is beyond even i. 

Conditions were horrendous to play in. Thought we were the better team first half, Annan offered absolutely nothing and don’t remember Currie having a save to make. 

Second half Annan were more dangerous but thought it was high balls more than anything else, given we conceded 3 from set pieces a fortnight ago it was good to see us defending at least a bit better. 

We have a nice gap over Annan and Elgin, would let a few go in January to bring a few in. 

Thought Boyle was ok, but offered more to us than Syvertsen does I think. Would give him a run of games. 

Hats off to everyone who attended (and played!) on a day my cats (and I) had to be dragged out in the sub-zero conditions. True fans; clearly I was heartbroken that Shielfield was unplayable... Broadwood not the warmest; even in the Summer..

28 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Conditions were horrendous to play in. Thought we were the better team first half, Annan offered absolutely nothing and don’t remember Currie having a save to make. 

Second half Annan were more dangerous but thought it was high balls more than anything else, given we conceded 3 from set pieces a fortnight ago it was good to see us defending at least a bit better. 

We have a nice gap over Annan and Elgin, would let a few go in January to bring a few in. 

Thought Boyle was ok, but offered more to us than Syvertsen does I think. Would give him a run of games. 

Boyle, like Lamont, Grant, McStay and Cogill (of todays team) needs to be nurtured, and given the run of games you suggest. He has the benefit of last year behind him, but for me showed more  today than Syvertsen, Belmokhtar and Lyons have put together, despite not being particularly great or overly effective. We have a core of players i think are capable of another run like last year, but Lennon's dicking around with players in the wrong b*****ding positions has us at a major disadvantage. We certainly didn't need four defenders today, and nearly paid the price for the manager's loyalty to a dated and mis-shapen system for what he has to choose from. 

No' very fuckin' pleased tonight, despite the win. Bored of beating crap teams.

I had the misfortune of watching Inverness v Dundee United today with my Arab colleagues and gents as being judgmental what a load of Championship pish. Looking forward to seeing my beloved  BullyWee at the Coatbridge Bernabeau next week and the Arabs would love having Rankin & Goodwillie back... No  eefing danger...

1 hour ago, Officer Barbrady said:

No' very fuckin' pleased tonight, despite the win. Bored of beating crap teams.

Every team outside of the top three has lost more games than they've won :wacko: No idea how that's even mathematically possible but they are all, indeed, rubbish.

1 hour ago, Highland Bully Wee said:

I had the misfortune of watching Inverness v Dundee United today with my Arab colleagues and gents as being judgmental what a load of Championship pish. Looking forward to seeing my beloved  BullyWee at the Coatbridge Bernabeau next week and the Arabs would love having Rankin & Goodwillie back... No  eefing danger...

I was at Inverness v QOS a few weeks ago and I have to say that it was comfortably the most boring game I’d been at for a long time. Absolutely brutal. Thankfully the beers and good company made it a great day. 

Archived