Clyde vs Annan

Love's working hard doesn't help as he doesn't use it intelligently; he just runs straight at people rather than blocking passing lanes or being in sync with his teammates. He's also slow across the ground and can't create space for himself, which for an attacker is damning.
In my eyes, his only redeeming quality is that he is intelligent in the positions he takes up in the box and is by far our most likeliest scorer outside DGW. 
I think everyone knows Stewart should start if fit. And that Grant should replace Nicoll as a result. And that Rumsby is behind both Lang and McNiff to partner Cogill. I'd give Boyle a runout ahead of Syvertsen, or bring Duffie in to push Cuddihy up the pitch.

As far as playing staff goes, Lennon hasn’t covered himself in glory with his signings.
We can only hope come January he can reverse that by improving the team and rid us of some if not most of his signings and bringing in a better class to put us back on the road we experienced earlier in the season.
Then and only then will I look forward to most if not all games.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's it like at the Ice Station?

With the Legends Lunch on today in hospitality then there's no chance of the club calling an early pitch inspection.

Prediction: Match abandoned

Edit to add: Twitter reporting that pitch is playable. Game on!

16 hours ago, The Clyde Man said:

As far as playing staff goes, Lennon hasn’t covered himself in glory with his signings.
We can only hope come January he can reverse that by improving the team and rid us of some if not most of his signings and bringing in a better class to put us back on the road we experienced earlier in the season.
Then and only then will I look forward to most if not all games.

Problem is, we  likely don’t have spare money to pay new players wages- so, it’s dependent on identifying who can go- any suggestions? Then trying to get a club to take them in the first place, then trying to get the player to agree to a probable wage cut,  and then sourcing suitable players in time for window closing.

its not quite as straight forward as you make it sound- sadly.

Problem is, we  likely don’t have spare money to pay new players wages- so, it’s dependent on identifying who can go- any suggestions? Then trying to get a club to take them in the first place, then trying to get the player to agree to a probable wage cut,  and then sourcing suitable players in time for window closing.
its not quite as straight forward as you make it sound- sadly.

Let Lennon deal with these problems.
He gets paid for it.
Me, I feel I’m pouring my money into a bottomless pit every time I am asked to help out and not seeing a great return.

1 hour ago, The Clyde Man said:

Let Lennon deal with these problems.
He gets paid for it.
Me, I feel I’m pouring my money into a bottomless pit every time I am asked to help out and not seeing a great return.

I agree- the flying start was really well supported and we signed several players who don’t add value- doesn’t bode well for shipping several out and replacing them in January

Freezing and not a good performance. The number of times Nicoll, Lamont, Cuddihy and Goodwillie have given away the ball under no pressure...

Only positive is that I'm not an Annan fan, as they've been even worse.

Has anyone seen David Goodwillie? Is he here today. 

That will be same no 9 who worked his socks off. Never hides and chased everything....

Game was poor with us just edging it,Not enough shots on goal for my liking when on edge of their box and simple decision making when simple passes on..

Good win to extend gap in play off push

Pleased with the result but not the performance was fucking freezing too.

Thought we were the better team towards the end of the first half after spending the first 25 minutes mis-hitting almost every pass. Annan offered nothing. We passed up a couple of half chances from Cuddihy, Goodwillie and Boyle.

Second half we were poor and we have Annan plenty of time on the ball. They really should have took advantage of the numerous times they got in behind our defence.

Our defending in the second half was piss poor. I would give Lang a shot at centre half rather than Rumsby. Our midfield was posted missing for large parts of the game and I would start Duffie at right back so we can move Cuddihy back into midfield. Goodwillie had the ball in the net twice, both offside. He done well to score on both occasions but he gets caught offside all the time these days. He looks a shadow of the player he was last season and trying an overhead kick from the edge of the box was ridiculous.

Heard that Joe Gorman is gone, no surprise there. Would expect a few others to join in him to free up some wages for January.

I wouldn't let Duffie near the team, and today's substitute appearance didn't change my mind.

I actually thought Rumsby did some good scrambling defence at times, with Cogill mostly excellent and Grant solid alongside him.

The rest of the performances varied over the game but I wouldn't judge anyone harshly given the conditions. Good to get the win and aim for another next week against Rovers.

Archived