Player of the season so far

Nearly at half way stage. Who’s impressed you the most so far for your team?

At livi there’s been a few real standout performers. Kelly in goal has been excellent for me. Halkett has lead the team and looks one of best defenders in league. Declan Gallacher has been brillaint. Keags the last few months has been incredible for us. Byrne has stepped up into this league with ease and looks a top quality player. Pittman the last few games is the Pittman we want to see all the time. 

I would go halkett , Byrne then Keags if I had to pick 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michael Devlin has been utterly immense for us this season, emphasised by how shit our defence has been while he has been injured.

Lewis Ferguson has to be up there also, I don't think anyone expected him to have the impact he has done, especially at just 18. 

Gary Mackay-Steven or Mikey Devlin. 

Most of our successes this season have been based on solid defensive performances and the majority of those have had Devlin (and McKenna) in the team. In Devlin's absence we've looked considerably weaker. 

GMS is also in contention as he's really looked our only serious threat going forward. 

Give it to GMS cus he's super. 

Joe Lewis. He has just been so consistent and reliable this season. Arguably even better than his debut season. Even when we've been beaten, he's usually been good. 

Mikey Devlin, Gary Mackay-Steven and to a lesser extent Lewis Ferguson are probably the other three contenders, but Lewis edges it purely on consistency of performance. 

Alan Power has been outstanding for us for the last season & a half.

Greg Taylor, Greg Stewart & Kirk Broadfoot have been really impressive, this season thou.

I should add, Chris Burke seems to have shaken off the mystery virus that plagued him for the last few years & has been superb when called upon.....

Has to be Drey Wright, absolutely crushing our forums MoM award on was a huge part of how we play, obviously, he's now out for the rest of the season.

Got a raft of players following though. Alston and Kennedy obvious ones. Could genuinely give reasons for the entire starting eleven though.

8 hours ago, deadasdillinger said:

Alan Power. Again. 

Greg Stewart and Kirk Broadfoot also in with a shout. 

I'd put Chris Burke squarely in this company too. Second only to Power thus far for me.

Difficult one for us as most of our players have been underperforming compared with last season. Danny Johnson's scored a decent number of goals but has been in and out of the side, Carl McHugh's put in some fine performances but has been a borderline liability in terms of discipline while Allan Campbell's looked pretty jaded.

Overall my vote would be David Turnbull. Didn't play in any of our league cup group games and our form at the start of the season was LLXWLLLX. Since he made his first start this season he's been a fixture in the side, starting the last 8 and we've been LWWLWLXL in which he's contributed 3 goals and spent his time generally being a #baller running the show in the centre of the park and laying chances on a plate for our strikers to miss.

James Forrest by a country mile.

Honourable mentions to the likes of McGregor, Christie, Benkovic and Tierney. But their form has only really came to the fore in the last month or two. (That's harsh on McGregor actually, who has played well all season.)

But Forrest has been on fire since the season began. We could have dropped a lot more points and struggled more in Europe if it hadn't been for Shooders being on form when the rest of the side wasn't.

Is this thread called "Player of the Season - at my team only" ?

On the assumption that it is not, then it surely has to be Forrest so far. Honourable mentions for McGregor at Rangers, Stewart at Killie and whoever is making Livvy's defence the 2nd or 3rd tightest in Scotland on the same budget as Auchinleck Talbot.  Christie, Rogic, Naismith and Ikpeazu have been on fire  - but obviously not for the whole 5 months. And if Adam Hamill  at St Mirren keeps scoring outrageous goals every other week then he'll have to be in the running even if he does F all else in between.

Oh. And John McGinn. Now that he's no longer at Hibs, him and his oversized erse can play a blinder every week without it bugging me.

Edit : How could I forget Callum McGregor - maybe  my favourite player over the last 4 or 5 seasons.

2 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Is this thread called "Player of the Season - at my team only" ?

Literally the first sentence of the thread explains it for you.

1 hour ago, Estragon said:

I'd put Chris Burke squarely in this company too. Second only to Power thus far for me.

Aye, he's been tremendous. Think most folk were maybe a wee bit surprised he got the extra year but by god he's proven it was the right decision! Workrate is absolutely brilliant. 

Archived