Editor Data

AsimButtHitsASix

Every player on a free transfer

Exactly as it says on the tin. Only issue is clubs wage budget at game start is their REMAINING wage budget in the editor. So, Man U, for instance, only have £400,000 pw to play with despite their current squad having nearly £5,000,000 wage budget. This is easily fixed on the editor if it bothers you but, I reckon, makes the game a bit more interesting. Each to their own.

Mega Upload Link

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

• 2 weeks later...

Do you do any January transfer window updates? Got a notion to start a save with a team like Falkirk and their new look squad. Wanted to see if you/anyone had a file with the current up to date Jan transfers before I start doing them on the editor myself :lol:

• 9 months later...
On 13/12/2018 at 03:08, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Figured I'd put any edits in the one place for anyone who wants to play (or wants amendments or has suggestions) and for anyone else who enjoys fannying about with the editor to get involved.

Any tips (or even better, providing!) an edit for FM 2015 with:

16 team SPFL Premiership (3down/2up + PO 3rd,4th,5th,6th)

16 team SPFL Championship

Regional pyramid below.

20players over 21yo max, 20players under 21yo max. 5 non Scots rule.

Old style European competitions (EC, ECWC, UC - all knock out format)

Is this possible?

• 2 years later...
7 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Decided to make something on the pyramid last night and completely forgot how to do this. Any help:

A competition where rather than adding in all teams from a league I pick a few, specific, teams. Ie: QPR, Reading, Morton and Zwolle for a blue and white hoops cup

You used to be able to select "get specific team", but I don't think you can do this in the basic editor any more, only in the advanced.

11 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

You used to be able to select "get specific team", but I don't think you can do this in the basic editor any more, only in the advanced.

I actually figured a work around. If you add two leagues to take teams from, highlight both, you can then edit them both to "get specific team" (or get competition winner, etc) and then just delete the spare one. 

It's taken me a week in between work, uni and watching Diagnosis Murder but I've finally finished the stupidest/best edit I've ever done. 

There's a lot in here...

Right. After playing a few seasons in the Brazilian league I liked the idea of a national league and regional leagues. But making regional leagues is hassle so I made regional cups for Scotland and, while I was at it, remade the entire pyramid (kinda).

Here's the set up

SPL - 16 teams
SD1 - 16 teams
SD2 - 16 teams
SD3 - 16 teams

3 automatic promotion/relegation spots from each AND a relegation AND a promotion play off in each division of four teams. Basically, at the season's end, only 8th and 9th have nothing to play for. You can be going for promotion with ten minutes to go on the final day of the season and still end up being relegated. 

Here's how that would look using the 17/18 Lowland League as an example...

image.png.613300769f28bbee30a87f5d6a15d1cc.png

HFL/SLL - 16 teams each

NCL/NRJ/SML/EoS/WoS/SoS - keeping the six leagues below the Highland Lowland League the same using the following sets of, general, regions:
NCL - Highlands and Islands
NRJ - Moray/Aberdeenshire
SML - Angus, Dundee, Perthshire
EOS - Fife, Lothians, Borders and Central
WOS - Strathclyde
SOS - Dumfries and Galloway

Here's how far each region goes down the tiers (all the way to tier 11)

image.thumb.png.d12888f097aef6178f0a1df0e9bf9833.png
All leagues have 16 teams unless it's the bottom tier in that region and the 7th and 8th tier in the NCL system both have 11 teams

There was an issue with the editor making prize money which just annoyed me so the SPFL teams all get a decent amount of TV money each year (£1,500,000/£500,000/£250,000/£100,000) each season to make up for it. HL/LL gets £10,000. No TV money elsewhere. To also make up for the shortfall you get money per win/draw like the Champions League. This is 10% of the TV money. Below the HL/LL it's £1,000 for each win and £250 for each draw no matter the level. 

Also, rather than using current league positions, just to mix it up, I put the teams in depending on their ranking here: SCOTSCORES (theroonba.com)

Cups

Scottish Cup - everyone in. No seeding. Yass
League Cup - Tiers 1 and 2 - two legged
Challenge Cup - Tiers 3 and 4 - two legged - no foreign teams
HL/LL league cup - Exactly as it says on the tin. Also two legged
The Quaich - All in cup for all non-league teams
NCL/NRJ/SML/EoS/WoS/SoS - every regional league also has it's own cup
Local Authority Cup - this is where I wanted to do the Brazilian thing. As there are 32 local councils in Scotland I created this super cup where the best team in each council area gets put into a national competition but only UK + Irish players are allowed to play (would have made it Scottish only but this might f**k up Berwick/Tweedmouth)

But how do I decide the best team in each council area?

Well, in March, the league pauses for a month and each council region holds their own tournament. So, for instance, Falkirk council has a tournament with Falkirk, Syngenta, East Stirling, Stenhousemuir, Bo'ness Athletic and United, Dunipace and Camelon. Straight knock out and winner takes all. Winner of each council tournament gets £1,000,000. I think it's a Scottish Enterprise Grant. 

This was fine for areas that already have 8+ teams in the league system. For places that had less than that I had to create teams. To use Argyll & Bute as an example I either created real amateur teams (Rothesay Brandane), revived historic teams (Helensburgh FC) or just made some shite up (a team from Garelochhead called Wasps). When creating teams I tried to create them for new towns rather than just adding real life amateur teams from places with teams already. This is why, for instance, there's still only one team in Dumbarton but Old Kilpatrick has a team. 

The islands are slightly different. Orkney are the only club from Mainland Orkney now. The other seven Orkney teams are all 1 island = 1 club. Same goes for Shetland being the only club from Mainland Shetland and a Western Isles team being the only team from Lewis. The other 7 teams in these island places are all feeders to the main team but all eight are still in their wee regional cup as well. So there's no Ness, no Lerwick Celtic and no Kirkwall Hotspurs. But there is Barra, Shapinsee and Pierowall. (I counted Lewis and Harris as separate islands)

I've added in a lot of towns, stadiums and teams but haven't bothered with colours and not added in enough stadiums so a lot of the created teams are groundsharing. Also I gave every team that never had a rival a rival club just so they have someone to look forward to beating but they don't always make sense.

ETA - there's also extra regional cups that are basically reserve trophies. So the winner of the Aberdeen Cup and Aberdeenshire Cup play off for the Aberdeenshire Super Cup. There's one for Ayrshire, Renfrewshire, Lothian, Lanarkshire, the islands, etc. These are absolutely meaningless but they're all set to be played on Hallowe'en, St. Andy's and Hogmany. These don't have any prize money and allow you to use 11 subs. 

Now that I've made it I don't know what game to play it on. Either taking a team from the very bottom tier to the top or a @oneteaminglasgow style "Conquering Concils" style game with all the council areas or just a Scotland National Team game and just seeing how this system turns out in the background. 

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

Also, @C. Muir, to try and stop the teams moving leagues thing I've made all the leagues flexible in size, just in case a lot of teams south of Perth get relegated in future then, in theory, the leagues can get bigger/smaller to meet the demand. Also promotion from the NCL, NRJ and MID leagues has to go into the HL and the other three have to go into the LL. Once yer in yer regional division you can only go up or down within that region. No sideways movement. I'll let ye know how that goes and might end throwing my computer out the windae if it disnae solve it.

Right. Here's some screenies.

SPL:

image.png.d613b71f9be8fa4224c5fc4a6746e09d.png

Rangers retain. Surprise 2nd place for Hearts. Arbroath unlucky to get relegated as a part time team. Partick being hilariously Partick in finishing 12 points above the relegation spots and still getting relegated.

Third Division

image.png.87746ad3c32c09738f5bcbad1bbf9a21.png

Disappointment for Arthurlie, Beith and Penicuik as they get papped down a league. Gonna keep an eye to see what that means with teams moving around in the HL/LL. Someone's gonna need to shift their arse.

Midlands League

image.png.3818b6a36480102f590142a7cd25645c.png

Coupar Angus bottom - seems legit. 

North Caley First Division:

image.png.65c37027ccb9cc18cd71b4071097d4d5.png

Still waiting on the Spey Valley v Lyness play off but, interestingly, Barriers Utd and Spey Valley had the same GD, GF and head to head record so the computer chose Barriers to finish 6th in a random decision. Spey might be relegated on a coin toss

Local Authority Cup:

image.thumb.png.c9a15e133626949c44774156217bf456.png

Motherwell beat Hibs and Stirling beat Peterhead in the opening round but the screen cut them out.

Scottish Quaich (sixth round onward)

image.png.161236f18891ea88304066e386e2217d.png

Just to give a wee idea of what teams are now considered the top end of the non-league game.

The Edinburgh Cup:

image.png.5ea9c20215f5130a15b77715eeffbb4a.png

Hearts and Hibs dodge each other til the final. Coulda chose any of the 32 really but this is the general idea and fill of clubs ye've all heard of.

Lothian Super Cup

image.png.232dc0e288b08baad043650b5fd882c9.png

The four "winners" of last years cups in Lothian (Edinburgh, East, West and Mid-) have a wee friendly comp as well

What does this all do for the fixtures? Rangers done well in the cups and decent in Europe so ended up playing 67 games. Now, bear in mind, a lot of these games are low priority fixtures and will be able to rotate the squad like f**k against diddy teams like Ashfield, Berra and Falkirk

image.thumb.png.0d4e9cfd9644f07715910f67dfce0edd.png

Kelty Hearts, for instance, only played 34 games all season. 

Gonna knock it onto next year to see if any clubs end up anywhere daft. If not I think I'm good to go...

b*****d. 

image.png.dba197bd5db84201a34a78920a6ab7ab.png

Bo'ness and East Stirling in the HL. But, to be fair, they are the two further north clubs below the dividing line. Just gonnae need to lump it.

image.png.81761bf1e7b84b2dffc4733be2084315.png

Upper Annandale and Gretna in the East of Scotland just shouldnae be happening....

image.png.425ac3b89ceb8c8d04aa6e09d127d1c8.png

Orkney and Pierowall in the North Region instead of the North Caley...

Six teams in the wrong place out of 350 aint bad mind you. I think it's fine to go.

I did something similar like this, although not sure I ever got it to the levels of properly working like this one.  I had it a lot closer to Brazil, where the first half of the season was a proper State Championship affair, drawn across local authority lines.  Then the second half of the season everyone joined back up for a proper unrestricted league like we have now.  Think you can do it by running the league as the "normal" division with set dates, then set a fixed "other division" for each club.  But it was, from memory, an incredibly tedious task to move every club to where it should have been.  May revive it though, it's a fun different format to have.

1 hour ago, forameus said:

I did something similar like this, although not sure I ever got it to the levels of properly working like this one.  I had it a lot closer to Brazil, where the first half of the season was a proper State Championship affair, drawn across local authority lines.  Then the second half of the season everyone joined back up for a proper unrestricted league like we have now.  Think you can do it by running the league as the "normal" division with set dates, then set a fixed "other division" for each club.  But it was, from memory, an incredibly tedious task to move every club to where it should have been.  May revive it though, it's a fun different format to have.

Adding individual teams is a fucking tedious affair. I'd much prefer divisions as well but, f**k it, this is slightly less tedious. 

16 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Adding individual teams is a fucking tedious affair. I'd much prefer divisions as well but, f**k it, this is slightly less tedious. 

Absolutely.  The editor in general can be a fucking tedious affair if you're trying to do large scale edits.  Given the standing SI policy seems to be that they don't have much interest in adding new leagues, I'd like them to really work on the editor to make it a lot more intuitive to use.  Loads of people will have the imagination to make some really cool stuff, but lack the patience or knowledge to work their way around the incredibly convoluted settings that are there.  At least without it crashing a couple of years down the line.  The people that do know what they're doing with it over on the official forums are almost entirely complete bellends too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2021 at 13:34, AsimButtHitsASix said:

It's taken me a week in between work, uni and watching Diagnosis Murder but I've finally finished the stupidest/best edit I've ever done. 

There's a lot in here...

Reveal hidden contents

Right. After playing a few seasons in the Brazilian league I liked the idea of a national league and regional leagues. But making regional leagues is hassle so I made regional cups for Scotland and, while I was at it, remade the entire pyramid (kinda).

Here's the set up

SPL - 16 teams
SD1 - 16 teams
SD2 - 16 teams
SD3 - 16 teams

3 automatic promotion/relegation spots from each AND a relegation AND a promotion play off in each division of four teams. Basically, at the season's end, only 8th and 9th have nothing to play for. You can be going for promotion with ten minutes to go on the final day of the season and still end up being relegated. 

Here's how that would look using the 17/18 Lowland League as an example...

image.png.613300769f28bbee30a87f5d6a15d1cc.png

HFL/SLL - 16 teams each

NCL/NRJ/SML/EoS/WoS/SoS - keeping the six leagues below the Highland Lowland League the same using the following sets of, general, regions:
NCL - Highlands and Islands
NRJ - Moray/Aberdeenshire
SML - Angus, Dundee, Perthshire
EOS - Fife, Lothians, Borders and Central
WOS - Strathclyde
SOS - Dumfries and Galloway

Here's how far each region goes down the tiers (all the way to tier 11)

image.thumb.png.d12888f097aef6178f0a1df0e9bf9833.png
All leagues have 16 teams unless it's the bottom tier in that region and the 7th and 8th tier in the NCL system both have 11 teams

There was an issue with the editor making prize money which just annoyed me so the SPFL teams all get a decent amount of TV money each year (£1,500,000/£500,000/£250,000/£100,000) each season to make up for it. HL/LL gets £10,000. No TV money elsewhere. To also make up for the shortfall you get money per win/draw like the Champions League. This is 10% of the TV money. Below the HL/LL it's £1,000 for each win and £250 for each draw no matter the level. 

Also, rather than using current league positions, just to mix it up, I put the teams in depending on their ranking here: SCOTSCORES (theroonba.com)

Cups

Scottish Cup - everyone in. No seeding. Yass
League Cup - Tiers 1 and 2 - two legged
Challenge Cup - Tiers 3 and 4 - two legged - no foreign teams
HL/LL league cup - Exactly as it says on the tin. Also two legged
The Quaich - All in cup for all non-league teams
NCL/NRJ/SML/EoS/WoS/SoS - every regional league also has it's own cup
Local Authority Cup - this is where I wanted to do the Brazilian thing. As there are 32 local councils in Scotland I created this super cup where the best team in each council area gets put into a national competition but only UK + Irish players are allowed to play (would have made it Scottish only but this might f**k up Berwick/Tweedmouth)

But how do I decide the best team in each council area?

Well, in March, the league pauses for a month and each council region holds their own tournament. So, for instance, Falkirk council has a tournament with Falkirk, Syngenta, East Stirling, Stenhousemuir, Bo'ness Athletic and United, Dunipace and Camelon. Straight knock out and winner takes all. Winner of each council tournament gets £1,000,000. I think it's a Scottish Enterprise Grant. 

This was fine for areas that already have 8+ teams in the league system. For places that had less than that I had to create teams. To use Argyll & Bute as an example I either created real amateur teams (Rothesay Brandane), revived historic teams (Helensburgh FC) or just made some shite up (a team from Garelochhead called Wasps). When creating teams I tried to create them for new towns rather than just adding real life amateur teams from places with teams already. This is why, for instance, there's still only one team in Dumbarton but Old Kilpatrick has a team. 

The islands are slightly different. Orkney are the only club from Mainland Orkney now. The other seven Orkney teams are all 1 island = 1 club. Same goes for Shetland being the only club from Mainland Shetland and a Western Isles team being the only team from Lewis. The other 7 teams in these island places are all feeders to the main team but all eight are still in their wee regional cup as well. So there's no Ness, no Lerwick Celtic and no Kirkwall Hotspurs. But there is Barra, Shapinsee and Pierowall. (I counted Lewis and Harris as separate islands)

I've added in a lot of towns, stadiums and teams but haven't bothered with colours and not added in enough stadiums so a lot of the created teams are groundsharing. Also I gave every team that never had a rival a rival club just so they have someone to look forward to beating but they don't always make sense.

ETA - there's also extra regional cups that are basically reserve trophies. So the winner of the Aberdeen Cup and Aberdeenshire Cup play off for the Aberdeenshire Super Cup. There's one for Ayrshire, Renfrewshire, Lothian, Lanarkshire, the islands, etc. These are absolutely meaningless but they're all set to be played on Hallowe'en, St. Andy's and Hogmany. These don't have any prize money and allow you to use 11 subs. 

Now that I've made it I don't know what game to play it on. Either taking a team from the very bottom tier to the top or a @oneteaminglasgow style "Conquering Concils" style game with all the council areas or just a Scotland National Team game and just seeing how this system turns out in the background. 

Had uni work to do so left this running in background for 20 years to see how it ended up

image.thumb.png.c535f11d8dab22492741bcf9fac72b8b.png

image.thumb.png.996f85c7747fe803ed3235face4a225e.png

image.thumb.png.ec1425419c084cd853a6aaa0ab0317e4.png

image.thumb.png.cd797749195f06fadded2d03ca33599f.png

image.thumb.png.59163e7e71c0f25c5126e96257e70226.png

image.thumb.png.4826702916bcdab52208cf2d6f0e5fa1.png

image.thumb.png.e5ae73857e0931b62f754262bb88260f.png

image.thumb.png.b3a03d59ba75b6f9d347363f7b5a3af0.png

image.thumb.png.4572a754ec4a2927e9bd314d171387bb.png

image.thumb.png.98f6698cc47013e27ad0388e63a80dad.png

The most amazing thing I've found in the game (apart from Caley Thistle winning the title three years running) is the size of crowds that can appear for the regional cup finals. Here's some of the record attendances
image.png.c2e2a939392b71f1f69562db1049e2b0.png

image.png.8365f8faf40f8e969d4392daf4f9cbcc.png

image.png.f04d1a01aec6673a8bba77f53cf98602.png

image.png.c4d6114ac6da9532c22959399aa914bf.png

image.png.afe9eb2f8d4d4b7b83038c1a757cb4bd.png

image.png.3020ccd8874677d37ac28f01396c873b.png

image.png.ba89909cc13d675efd66ab795d2ac33d.png

image.png.6f323e30814f13aedc435e84bf349ad5.png

image.png.ab46514f7da863f6c1c974c8fa0bdb07.png

image.png.d0db6d31baef2506eea64076a6f75434.png

Euro Cup II has had three Scottish finalists...

image.thumb.png.d4b8246efbef0f03a0bac4123b9ac624.png

Celtic made the Champions League quarter final in 26/27 (knocked out by Man City) one of only three times anyone's made it past the group stage
Best result in the Europa League is the semi finals. Rangers were knocked out by Man U in 2029/30 and Celtic knocked out by Atletico Madrid in 2038/39

No real surprise winners of any of the domestic trophy. Perennial mid table Ross County being the biggest upset in the Scottish Cup and the Local Authority Cup but Dunfermline won the league cup in 38/39 while being relegated from the Premier League and then won it the following season despite finishing 5th and failing in the play offs. Gala Fairydean the most surprising winners of the Challenge Cup.

In the regional cups Turiff managed to win the Aberdeenshire cup, Vale of Leithin won the Borders Cup, Gretna won the D&G Cup, Bo'ness won the Falkirk Cup a few times, Keith won the Moray Cup, Johnstone Burgh won the Renfrewshire Cup, Cambuslang Rangers won the South Lanarkshire Cup, Clydebank won the West Dunbartonshire Cup.

Rob Roy and Bonnyrigg Rose were the only two current non-league clubs in the 1st division last year but Bonnyrigg finished bottom.

Campbeltown Pupils got promoted from the 2nd division. Kings Park Utd and Lewis & Harris both were relegated from the 3rd tier.

The 3rd division last year saw Neilston pip Falkirk to automatic promotion and they were then skelped by Broomhill (who finally moved out of Alloa in 2024) in the play offs. Falkirk now share a league with Dunoon, Barra, Orkney, Lewis & Harris and Kings Park Utd. 

On a personal note I am well chuffed that 20 years in the future every team in the Highland League is north of the Tay and every team in the Lowland League is south of it. Snaps for me. The South of Scotland, West of Scotland and Midlands League are also geographically perfect. The only aberrations are Caley Braves and Cardross in the East of Scotland Premier; Gartcairn and Harthill in the East of Scotland third division; Colony Park, New Elgin and the two Forres teams in the North Caledonian League. Of these I would say only Cardross from Argyll playing in the East is the only really weird one. (I have made it so Shetland teams will default to North Region over North Caledonian as they are so far East compared to others it's easier. If you discount this then the North Region is also spot on)

Finally... bow down to the new Alex Ferguson...

image.thumb.png.d3affd0a683f5c812443646edd5a458b.png

With inspiration from @AsimButtHitsASix I decided to reembark on my own state champs equivalent, but extend it out to all of Britain and have a Boris Johnson approved full British League (what better way to bring them down than from inside, eh?).  Painstaking, boring work over a long time to get everyone where they're supposed to be, 96 (at last count) fucking separate competitions running August-December before the leagues start in January, and...it doesn't fucking work. 

The first 6 or so in the list run fine (minor English ones) and the rest are completely missing.  There's national cups happening in the first half of the year which go fine, then the wider leagues look ok, but outside of that...shrug.  Seeing if I've done something stupid, but seems like there might be a limit.  Which is a shame, because I was desperate to find out who was going to win the Western Highland Regional Championship.

On 24/12/2021 at 13:55, forameus said:

With inspiration from @AsimButtHitsASix I decided to reembark on my own state champs equivalent, but extend it out to all of Britain and have a Boris Johnson approved full British League (what better way to bring them down than from inside, eh?).  Painstaking, boring work over a long time to get everyone where they're supposed to be, 96 (at last count) fucking separate competitions running August-December before the leagues start in January, and...it doesn't fucking work. 

The first 6 or so in the list run fine (minor English ones) and the rest are completely missing.  There's national cups happening in the first half of the year which go fine, then the wider leagues look ok, but outside of that...shrug.  Seeing if I've done something stupid, but seems like there might be a limit.  Which is a shame, because I was desperate to find out who was going to win the Western Highland Regional Championship.

Did ye find any way to sort this?