Heart of Midlothian v Livingston - Scottish Cup Fourth Round, 20/01/2019

Elixir

52 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

I thought Djoum was our best player, when the game was scrappiest he defended well and he always used the ball sensibly.

Thought Clare was decent though, certainly not dogshit.  Was tidy on the ball, won headers and scored a good goal.  Hopefully he takes confidence from it.

Seriously ?  What did he do ? Always passes the buck. Every tackle is either powder puff or a blatant foul. Agree Clare was good. Thought Shaughnessy was immense.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He worked his balls off, won tackles, won headers and barely lost the ball.  Don't understand how he's passing the buck either, one of the few in the team who looks to play it forward and link the midfield and attack.

Agree about Shaughnessy, looked very good.

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Certainly not one of his finest afternoons

If - and it's a huge if - he can sort his final ball then we've got a player. He can beat a man and he gets into great positions, But then he gets a nose bleed. Hopefully a goal or two can settle him. Auchinleck game might be a good opportunity.

Why does every commentary team have to endlessly praise Naismith. He plays for a average hearts team

If he’s playing in it then it’s an above average Hearts team. If not then it’s a below average team.

We got 31 points from 13 games with him

Only 5 points from 8 while he was out injured

3 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

He worked his balls off, won tackles, won headers and barely lost the ball.  Don't understand how he's passing the buck either, one of the few in the team who looks to play it forward and link the midfield and attack.

Barely loses it because he barely tries to play a telling pass. Which I don't mind if you are playing the deep-lying defensive midfielder role. But for that role you need stamina and the heart to tackle and he shows neither. he really annoys me. because there is ability there - we've seen it (sporadically) in the last 4 years. 

I thought Djoum was very good too.

Garuccio was iffy in the first half, but was better in the second.

Clare can play, but he hasn't been able to impose himself on games too much, but he seems to be improving gradually, imo.

Berra was ok, but had a few iffy moments.

It's obvious that Naismith is very important to us - we'll probably miss him on Wednesday. 

Just now, Pet Jeden said:

Barely loses it because he barely tries to play a telling pass. Which I don't mind if you are playing the deep-lying defensive midfielder role. But for that role you need stamina and the heart to tackle and he shows neither. he really annoys me. because there is ability there - we've seen it (sporadically) in the last 4 years. 

Not really sure what you're on about, today he played exactly that role, was far deeper than normal and he won plenty tackles and headers.  With the pressing Livingston showed today there was very little space to play in yet he constantly kept it moving.

12 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

tbf my annoyance with him is now so big it's irrational.  He could probably go to Parkhead, snap Scott Brown in a tackle, then nutmeg Griffiths  and play a one-two off Tierney's arse before lobbing Gordon from 40 yards and I would still be unimpressed.

11 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Not really sure what you're on about, today he played exactly that role, was far deeper than normal and he won plenty tackles and headers.  With the pressing Livingston showed today there was very little space to play in yet he constantly kept it moving.

Not how I saw it at the match. I would watch the recording to see if you are right and I'm being unfair. But that really wasn't a match I could force myself to watch again.

7 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Not how I saw it at the match. I would watch the recording to see if you are right and I'm being unfair. But that really wasn't a match I could force myself to watch again.

I was at the match as well. Trust me I'll not be watching it back!

15 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Still waiting on an answer to my question.

What was the nub of your question again ? What's wrong with a woman being labelled a dirty slut for wearing a short skirt and false eyelashes ? Really ? In 2019 ? Even as a joke.

4 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

What was the nub of your question again ? What's wrong with a woman being labelled a dirty slut for wearing a short skirt and false eyelashes ? Really ? In 2019 ? Even as a joke.

You know fine well what the question was. You spent yesterday avoiding answering it and in the process, outing yourself as a hypocritical coward. 

14 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

I thought Djoum was our best player, when the game was scrappiest he defended well and he always used the ball sensibly.

Thought Clare was decent though, certainly not dogshit.  Was tidy on the ball, won headers and scored a good goal.  Hopefully he takes confidence from it.

One great tackle in the first half and some decent bits of trickery here and there too.  I reckon he'll do alright.

Archived