Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Robin.Hood

Fifa points / money

Recommended Posts

How much money , apart from buying the game itself have you spent on the game?

 

Just been speaking to a rep at work and the money he spent on the game I thought was just mental.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I stuck £32 I think in when I got the game as I got it 6 weeks after release and was miles behind already. Some seasons I'll stick up to £100 in if I'm still playing it into spring summer next year as I'm a sucker for a big pack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reason I ask is said person is close to spending 2 grand on this.

Just insane money. He knows he has an issue.

Spoke to other mate who I know playa fifa a lot. Didn't think he would ever put money into it and long behold he has spent 200 on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fell into the trap of doing it for the last couple of years. My son would also do it with bits of pocket money or Christmas/Birthday money.  However the absolute shite that you get in packs coupled with seeing how disappointed my son would get was pretty horrible. 

 

So I made the decision that other than buying the game we'd be spending FA on it this year. Definitely not worth it.

 

0.00000000000001% chance of getting Ronaldo/Pele etc. 

EA are some boys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I spent around £40 on FIFA points throughout last year’s game. As people say above, it’s never worth it but hard to resist at times.

This year I bought the Champions edition for the extra £30 or whatever that cost but haven’t spent any money on points. Part of the reason for buying that was, by coincidence, I had the week off work when you got it 4 days early so it seemed more worthwhile. Playing early also helps with coins so you can invest in players before the prices start to rise.

I personally don’t see the big taboo over FIFA points, so long as it’s done within reason. When you’re getting into the hundreds or even thousands that’s obviously too far, but it is your own choice to make. It’s a game I play for at least a couple of hours a week 10+ months of the year and far more than that, if you include time messing about on the app. If the game itself cost £200 (without points) instead of £50, I would still view it as good value for money for the amount of time I spend playing it.

Obviously, the real con is not letting you buy coins, but points to spend on packs instead and that is ultimately why it's not worth it.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a video up on YouTube of some streamer guy spending £5000 on packs to see what he gets. 

 

Spoiler alert.......he got f*ck all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
There's a video up on YouTube of some streamer guy spending £5000 on packs to see what he gets. 
 
Spoiler alert.......he got f*ck all.
YouTube people tend to get that given to them by sponsors etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've no idea, can spend about £50 per version though, been playing it for about five/six versions.

Absolute mugs game really, best I've ever got was Sterling last year.

Some of the money footballers spend is absolutely mental, Dembele of Barca seemingly spends over £100k a season on them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I've probably spend around £50 between myself and my son on Fifa Points this year. As noted above, its generally not worth it as generally the packs are full of crap and I've got to feign enthusiam for Bayern's 2nd team. The best player that i've got so far is Navas from Real Madrid, who is pretty decent but not exactly one to do a Youtube video about.

Overall it feels like a con and I think its much better to try and build a decent team by just playing the game and picking up players on the transfer market.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cant believe people spend money on something they know will be consigned to the online bin when EA release their annually tarted up version of the previous one

Its a racket that the mob would be proud to run

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you sell on players to get your money back if you're lucky or maybe make a profit, like gambling? Or is it just daft c***s trying to outspend their opponents to win a game?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Can you sell on players to get your money back if you're lucky or maybe make a profit, like gambling? Or is it just daft c***s trying to outspend their opponents to win a game?  

2nd option

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/12/2018 at 08:52, 54_and_counting said:

2nd option

I think it’s absolutely mental spending money on it, but that’s not quite correct unless it’s changed from when I last played it. If you get lucky and get a Ronaldo/Messi and sell them for shitloads, you can sell the coins on eBay for a wedge, unless as I say it’s changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I think it’s absolutely mental spending money on it, but that’s not quite correct unless it’s changed from when I last played it. If you get lucky and get a Ronaldo/Messi and sell them for shitloads, you can sell the coins on eBay for a wedge, unless as I say it’s changed.

I could sell any mobile freemium account online, but thats not really the point, fact is fifa rip the utter c**t out of every single player by telling them that all their hard work, their money and effort into building a cracking online team is going to be worth f**k all when we release our year tarted up version of the previous years game

At least battlefront 2 has been over a year, you can never spend a penny and earn every single thing in the game through time, and the items dont actually make that big a difference to the game, skill is 75-80% of star wars and the rest is cards, weapons and luck

(i know the topic is fifa, but check the battlefront 2 thread somewhere on here and see peoples reactions to the lootboxes that ea were forced to remove due to backlash, meanwhile fifa continually bends their players over and pumps them dry) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

I could sell any mobile freemium account online, but thats not really the point, fact is fifa rip the utter c**t out of every single player by telling them that all their hard work, their money and effort into building a cracking online team is going to be worth f**k all when we release our year tarted up version of the previous years game

At least battlefront 2 has been over a year, you can never spend a penny and earn every single thing in the game through time, and the items dont actually make that big a difference to the game, skill is 75-80% of star wars and the rest is cards, weapons and luck

(i know the topic is fifa, but check the battlefront 2 thread somewhere on here and see peoples reactions to the lootboxes that ea were forced to remove due to backlash, meanwhile fifa continually bends their players over and pumps them dry) 

All of the above is irrelevant to the original question asked though, which you incorrectly said no to. That was my only point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

I could sell any mobile freemium account online, but thats not really the point, fact is fifa rip the utter c**t out of every single player by telling them that all their hard work, their money and effort into building a cracking online team is going to be worth f**k all when we release our year tarted up version of the previous years game

At least battlefront 2 has been over a year, you can never spend a penny and earn every single thing in the game through time, and the items dont actually make that big a difference to the game, skill is 75-80% of star wars and the rest is cards, weapons and luck

(i know the topic is fifa, but check the battlefront 2 thread somewhere on here and see peoples reactions to the lootboxes that ea were forced to remove due to backlash, meanwhile fifa continually bends their players over and pumps them dry) 

That's not the case at all with BF2's lootboxes though, is it?

If you'd played nothing but that for the entire time at about 16 hours a day you might be close to unlocking everything in BF2. Think of all the pride and accomplishment you'd feel too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

That's not the case at all with BF2's lootboxes though, is it?

If you'd played nothing but that for the entire time at about 16 hours a day you might be close to unlocking everything in BF2. Think of all the pride and accomplishment you'd feel too!

The price of unlocking things at launch (before they reduced the costs) wasn't the same issue as the lootboxes though, if they had kept the same system in place at the reduced costs, you could unlock a normal hero in one hour of gameplay, 2-3 hours of play for a hero like Vader or luke, basically if you are decent at the game you can earn 4-5k credits an hour, 

People moaned about lootboxes because it was a quick way to upgrade cards in the game, when the cards offer a minimal difference, still a difference but not game defining, 

Many hours on fifa does it take to earn enough coins to unlock messi or ronaldo? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

All of the above is irrelevant to the original question asked though, which you incorrectly said no to. That was my only point.

You mentioned getting lucky or selling coins online for a wedge, after paying 60 quid for the game you shouldnt have to rely on either of the above to be able to play as the best footballers online

I actually dont mind lootboxes in any game, if people like the game but don't get lots of time to play then they can spend a few quid or more to get the stuff they want quicker , its a shite thing nowadays but if it keeps the devs releasing content for the games etc then so be it

fifa is different in that they run on luck only, unless its changed from what i remember, but you cant say, play it for x amount of hours and that unlocks messi or ronaldo, and they don't even port over your team from one year to the next, thats a scam imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...