Paisley Buddies v Dandy Dons

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Bob Mahelp

Just watched the goals again. 

The St Mirren guy (Jones ?) should be shot for the first one....he never looked at the ball and simply wrestled Considine to the ground. Daft.

For Saints goal, McInnes said last night that he thought it might have been offside because the defence held a line on the edge of the area, but that he'd have to look at it again. Well, look no further than big Sam, who had dropped back 10 yards just as the free kick was being taken, therefore playing everybody onside. 

Considine didn't help by letting the ball go by him, and Ferguson simply stopped marking anybody....but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt as they both had faith in the defensive line, and both were unaware that Cosgrove was wandering around like a daft schoolboy.

The 3rd goal was simply determination by Considine to get his head on the ball. The keeper pulled off a brilliant save but could do nothing about the rebound. No blame on anyone there, just one of these things. 

On 12/16/2018 at 09:51, houston_bud said:

I thought Lyness did alright actually, I wonder if he'll keep his spot next week as Rogers hasn't looked particularly great.

Compared to Rogers Lyness did more than alright. In the previous two games Rogers constantly kicked the ball out the park - I began to believe it must be a tactic he did it so often. He was also terrible at Livi in particular letting in a very soft goal that he should have had covered.  Lyness looks streets ahead. I'd send Rogers back to Aberdeen on 1st Jan.

1 hour ago, NorthBank said:

Compared to Rogers Lyness did more than alright. In the previous two games Rogers constantly kicked the ball out the park - I began to believe it must be a tactic he did it so often. He was also terrible at Livi in particular letting in a very soft goal that he should have had covered.  Lyness looks streets ahead. I'd sent Rogers back to Aberdeen on 1st Jan.

Rodgers, Hodson ,Edwards, Jones and a good few others can all go in January.  Hopefully clear the decks for some players to come in and at least show some fight. In truth there’s not many that I would keep from the entire squad.

53 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Rodgers, Hodson ,Edwards, Jones and a good few others can all go in January.  Hopefully clear the decks for some players to come in and at least show some fight. In truth there’s not many that I would keep from the entire squad.

I'd keep Jones, he's at least shown signs that he's a reasonable player. I agree with the others though. 

3 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

Would agree with the majority of that, although Jones has begun to redeem himself. However, I have a feeling Hodson will stay partly due to the Jimmy Nicholl connection and Edwards is inexplicably playing every week so will probably be kept too. He's almost as bad as Hutton. I was hopeful about Rodgers but his display against Livi was horrendous going by the highlights.

We desperately need to keep Hammill and add some more creativity. We've started scoring again but the majority have been from set-pieces or Hammill wonder goals. Jackson at Aberdeen and Hammill's second against Hearts are the only ones I can think of under Kearney that don't fit either category.

Archived