Paisley Buddies v Dandy Dons

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Stevie88 said:

Fingers crossed for a postponement, the best result we can hope for this weekend.

February would be ideal with changes in place ,as it stands we will get a good old fashiond hiding tomorrow though you live and hope. What a bloody mess we are in playing players out of position a captain that has so much poor quality around him. Would rather play youth than players who don't give a shit about us.  

Small amount of snow here in Glasgow which turned straight to ice. Think the black ice will be the big problem later.

With more icy rain due most of today Im surprised it hasn’t been called off.

It’s light rain in Paisley, this game will be on.

I guess we will lose again, but stranger things have happened.

Maybe if we only lose by one and Dundee get pumped in Kilmarnock we can move back up above them...

It’s light rain in Paisley, this game will be on.

I guess we will lose again, but stranger things have happened.

Maybe if we only lose by one and Dundee get pumped in Kilmarnock we can move back up above them...

It’s the rain that’s the problem. Roads are black ice just now and meant to get worse. Pitch will be fine but they surrounding areas might not be.

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

A lot of negativity amongst the home fans.

It's got shock result written all over it.

No chance we are worse now than when you last played us .Bet you wouldn't think that possible but its true will be at least another 4 .

HT 1-1

Conditions certainly playing a part, games been low on quality but entertaining enough, plenty of effort.

Hasn’t really been any chances, both goals came from set pieces. First Aberdeen get a penalty from pulling at a corner, probably correctly. Then we run down and get a free kick and it falls to the feet of MacPherson who showed some nice composure to score his first senior goal.

Apart from that, ref been busy. Plenty of meaty challenges and yellow cards. Good fun in the freezing rain.

Poor fare this. Dons reverting to type with McLennan and Lowe kept pretty quiet (as is McGinn and May). Thought the pen was soft considering what you see go unpunished in every game. Equally Jackson bought the free kick that led to the equaliser - Dons defence asleep too.

We should sub Edwards at HT as with his play style,  these conditions and this ref I can’t see him lasting.

Mind you, our bench is so light we might have no choice.

On first half there’s not much between the teams, but our second half performances have been worryingly worse than even the first half ones, so would take a draw now  

Penalty was the right call, Jones had two arms round Considine.  The ref has been taking some stick but I actually think he's had a good game. The only decision I would question was how Jones gets booked for holding (at the penalty) yet Cosgrove does the same to Baird and it's only a free kick. Is it a booking because it's a penalty??

St. Mirren's goal was a cracker. We'll really miss Hammill if he leaves.

Archived