Stenhousemuir v East Fife

(Copy and paste from last week)

"The least said about Saturday the better, time to move forward and look at ways to improve and take full points this week.

Far too many people noticing the same issue in our line up. Time for DY to prove his mettle, and make the change we can all see is needed. "

So, let's try again!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not much interest in this by the looks of it !
Meggatt will be a big miss for us but we have to get back on the rails.
I’d make a few changes for the game by going with the following

Long
Dunsmore. Watson. Dunlop. Linton
Davidson. Slattery
Currie. Agnew. Smith
Dowds

A game we must win to keep ahead of the pack. Mon the Fife

Well,after a second half which we completely capitulated , we manage to sneak a 2nd through our best strikers sheer power, fantastic first touching, and cool finish.
Sadly though, it seems DY still hasn't learned the lessons of the last 2 weeks. Once again, had the opposition been able to convert pressure and half chances, we would all be on here ranting again.

Looked very comfortable in the first half and Stenny allowed us to pass the ball out from the back with little pressure on our defenders. Kev did brilliantly to get in front of the defender to divert the ball past the Keeper into the bottom corner.
Second half we were well disciplined and kept our shape but for me we sat too deep and invited Stenny to come at us and get the ball wide. They did create chances and Brettt Long made a couple of good stops and they hit the bar. The substitution of Dowds for Smith proved vital. Anton missed a rare chance for us from about 8 yards but made up for it when he controlled a hopefully punt up the park on the left about 30 yards out. He drove forward and shrugged off the defenders challenge before stroking the ball under Graeme Smith to make it 2-0. He had a similar chance a few minutes later but this time Smith made the save. Brutal weather conditions, but a massive 3 points.
A number of positives. Brett Long comes back in and keeps a clean sheet. Sparky and Ross Dunlop coped very well with McGuiggan. Kev gets on the score sheet and big Toni’s came on and showed what a threat he is and what we’ve missed recently.
Hopefully we can get another 3 points for Xmas next week against Forfar, but would like to see Smith and Dowds starting together.

Great credit to the lads for seeing that one out. I'm not sure that the fans in the the stand appreciated just how trying the conditions actually were out there. I can assure you that the boys were physically shattered after that but delighted with the victory. ...

3 hours ago, Dave. said:

McBride and Docherty starting again. Must be great being one of Darren Young’s pals. Guaranteed a game regardless.

3 hours ago, Dave. said:

What was McBride doing he appeared to be marking a space .It's surprising the manager chose to leave him on the park for the whole game.

Can’t believe mcbrides just been given another full game. I understand the booing of smith going off as I would also agree we need him on but is he physically capable of the 90 minutes especially in conditions like that? Glad Brett was back in goals today should of been straight back in after his ban was up. Good result and decent performance in terrible conditions.

Sorry Angus, but KK simply pointing out what everyone else is thinking, probably including the lad himself. He an honest player and pretty sure he wouldn't be overjoyed with his performance Don't get all glassy eyed with the result. Similar to the Montrose away game at the start of the run. Poor finishing and luck brought the result, as much as well controlled first half. But hey, it's a welcome victory and 3 pts on the board. Happy Saturday folks!

1 minute ago, troy said:

King kebab is spot on, were you at a different game? 

I was at the game. Cannot see the point in singling out one individual for negative criticism after a game grinding out a crucial win.  Bridey played his part in that backs to the wall second-half display...

I have to question what McBride instructions from manager are. If it was to wave his hands about then he succeeded.  If it was to tackle header or pass then he failed And if it was to mark someone then there obviously room for improvement.  I really think McBride  makes Paul Willis  look  a class player.

Archived