North Ayrshire Cup/Cunninghame Cup Finals

beith19

Hi, can anyone help fill in the gaps for the North Ayrshire and Cunninghame Cup finals on the Beith Juniors website. www.beithjuniors.com

Can't find the winner for 1986-87 and don't know the runners up and scores for other years that Beith weren't involved in the final, ie the majority.

Thanks for any help you can give.

I would like to note that the 2006-07 final may have actually been the Ayrshire cup where the Meadow cuffed Dalry rather than the North Ayrshire Council cup as on 13.06.2007 Winton beat the Buffs by 3 - 1 at Meadow Park in what was definitely the North Ayrshire Cup final.  It was the last time all the 10 North Ayrshire clubs took part in - the following 2 seasons it was a district league cup only in effect.

Winton beat both Beith and Largs to get to the final

Winton goals were from Scott Adam (currently at Largs), David Wilson (back at the Winton) and Raymond Montgomerie (still at Cumnock I think)

I missed the first half as I had to go to prize giving at Ardrossan academy.  After daughter got her award - I was offski......so I do remember it well especially after all the years of toil that went before it.

36 minutes ago, Stargazer said:

I would like to note that the 2006-07 final may have actually been the Ayrshire cup where the Meadow cuffed Dalry rather than the North Ayrshire Council cup as on 13.06.2007 Winton beat the Buffs by 3 - 1 at Meadow Park in what was definitely the North Ayrshire Cup final.  It was the last time all the 10 North Ayrshire clubs took part in - the following 2 seasons it was a district league cup only in effect.

Now corrected.  I was updating the page I had on my old Ayrshire Juniors website......last edited some 14 years ago and recently gone from the internet. Now only available via the wayback machine website

Cheers

As I was Winton secretary from 2001 to 2011 it was, for us, a major achievement to win that NA cup especially with such a rebuilding job from all the late 90's early 2000's issues.

Hard but great times when you look back on it. Now enjoying the roller coaster ride that will almost always ever be AWRFC. 

Archived