Stranraer v Brechin

Looking forward to the final home game of 2018!

The Blues are on a good run of four games unbeaten, with Brechin having lost 7 of their last 8.

Will be interesting to see the team selection with Brownlie and Cummins suspended, McGowan and Cameron both making an impact from the bench at East Fife, and the likes of Higgins hoping for a recall.

Looking forward to the final home game of 2018!
The Blues are on a good run of four games unbeaten, with Brechin having lost 7 of their last 8.
Will be interesting to see the team selection with Brownlie and Cummins suspended, McGowan and Cameron both making an impact from the bench at East Fife, and the likes of Higgins hoping for a recall.
9 league wins in almost 2 calender years sums up the modern Brechin city, there is absolutely no chance of us winning on Saturday. For nearly 2 seasons now we have been set up not too lose the match firstly rather than trying to win and it s not bloody worked . Even the diehards are vacating games well before the end .
This is Dodsys players and it's obvious theyve downed tools ...

2 hours ago, CITYBHOY said:

9 league wins in almost 2 calender years sums up the modern Brechin city, there is absolutely no chance of us winning on Saturday. For nearly 2 seasons now we have been set up not too lose the match firstly rather than trying to win and it s not bloody worked . Even the diehards are vacating games well before the end .
This is Dodsys players and it's obvious theyve downed tools ...

Nah, I don't think they have downed tools ,  I just think most of them aren't good enough.   The quality players aren't getting the back up which makes them look bad as well. 

Nah, I don't think they have downed tools ,  I just think most of them aren't good enough.   The quality players aren't getting the back up which makes them look bad as well. 
Okay sorry .
I think 6 or 7 players are not up to it Sparky , Hills finished , Smith , Orsi for a winger never seems to beat a man , Mcgeever s disappointed and no better than Crichton was .
We ve let far better players go over last 3 season s for various reasons usually money [emoji2] [emoji2] .But that's just my opinion

1 hour ago, CITYBHOY said:

Okay sorry .
I think 6 or 7 players are not up to it Sparky , Hills finished , Smith , Orsi for a winger never seems to beat a man , Mcgeever s disappointed and no better than Crichton was .
We ve let far better players go over last 3 season s for various reasons usually money emoji2.pngemoji2.png .But that's just my opinion

Sometimes the central defence work better when they have confidence in the keeper. Brennan is a bag of nerves  who occasionally pulls off a good save . His positional sense though is rotten.  A good keeper  also organises  and talks constantly to his defence. I think both McGeever and Hill are struggling because of this.   

Sparky has shown commitment but is prone to the odd mistake.  I think with decent players around him he can be good.  Euan Smith has been a bit meh and not half the player he was before his injury.  Maybe a good squad player player though.  Orsi I think does manage to beat players but has no final ball.  Again with good support from both midfield and possibly a big experienced  target man up front  and I think he would be ok.  Out wide seems to suit him . Certainly 100% improvement on last season. 

Again just my opinion. 

Sometimes the central defence work better when they have confidence in the keeper. Brennan is a bag of nerves  who occasionally pulls off a good save . His positional sense though is rotten.  A good keeper  also organises  and talks constantly to his defence. I think both McGeever and Hill are struggling because of this.   
Sparky has shown commitment but is prone to the odd mistake.  I think with decent players around him he can be good.  Euan Smith has been a bit meh and not half the player he was before his injury.  Maybe a good squad player player though.  Orsi I think does manage to beat players but has no final ball.  Again with good support from both midfield and possibly a big experienced  target man up front  and I think he would be ok.  Out wide seems to suit him . Certainly 100% improvement on last season. 
Again just my opinion. 
Well something has to change or we ll soon have crowds of 200 plus visiting fans ,which could mean dire consequences for our club .
First and foremost get back to attacking footy ...

2 hours ago, CITYBHOY said:

Well something has to change or we ll soon have crowds of 200 plus visiting fans ,which could mean dire consequences for our club .
First and foremost get back to attacking footy ...

In fairness we haven't really gone as defensive as we were with Darren , but bottom line is we don't have anyone in midfield who can form the link between defence and attack resulting in the high punt to try and find Jacko as he is one of the few who can make things happen.  Trouble is every team has cottoned on to this and put 2 or 3 players on Jacko. 

I couldn't really fault the effort on Saturday but the quality to hold the ball and create something quickly just wasn't there.  We can't attack with speed like we used to under Ray McKinnon which allows other teams to close down the spaces with ease.  We also have no one with the ability to make something happen at set plays . We have had quite a few free kicks on the edge of the box but done nothing with any of them  ( thinking about Liam Watt here)  .  Corners are a disaster with no one capable of whipping in dangerous crosses. 

We badly need some height and physical presence up front. One or possibly two quality midfielders and a confident keeper ( I think we have been spoiled in this department over the years) . Once this is addressed then the defence will take care of itself. 

Will be interesting to see how the suspensions affect the team. Similarly, if McGowan and Cameron come into the team. Also, will be interesting to see what role the weather plays in the game. Does not sound like it is going to be warm and dry tomorrow!

Its going to be one of those awkward days where nobody can win with regards to a decision on whether the game goes ahead. First thing this morning the rain was light and am sure the pitch would be playable and probably still is just now. So hard to cancel the game on the basis of what you think will happen BUT probably odds on come 3 pm the park will be in a right mess and we will either get a late call off or people complaining the game shouldn't have been given the go ahead.   Weather forecasts tend to be fairly accurate these days - especially those sort.

2 hours ago, tuckersloan said:

Its going to be one of those awkward days where nobody can win with regards to a decision on whether the game goes ahead. First thing this morning the rain was light and am sure the pitch would be playable and probably still is just now. So hard to cancel the game on the basis of what you think will happen BUT probably odds on come 3 pm the park will be in a right mess and we will either get a late call off or people complaining the game shouldn't have been given the go ahead.   Weather forecasts tend to be fairly accurate these days - especially those sort.

If folk are sensible , I am sure there will be an international weekend before the end of the season  that this could be played . 

16 hours ago, bishopburn boy said:

A Tuesday night in February instead ? , hmmm leave early drive slowly , it nearly never snows in the toon 

Apologies for my meteorological predictions  , it does however rain - and having witnessed the debacle vs Wraith last year , where when their goalie was knocked out and he was quickly rolled onto his back to save him from drowning !

so a February weeknight it is  yee ha 

Archived