Ready/Microwave Meals

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, BillyAnchor said:

I haven't read through this so I may be copying many others.

If Mrs W. Anchor does not have my microwave meal on the table when I'm expecting it I will go pure berzy so I will.

Poor woman.

She takes your meal out the fridge, puts it in the microwave,  presses power, presses start, and this is the thanks she gets.

On 11/12/2018 at 08:27, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'd rather eat the box.

Your contributions to this thread suggest you are a man who enjoys a 2 person steak pie (probably demanded from a pub in Benidorm alongside a Carling) and are about 20 stone.

On 11/12/2018 at 19:59, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Adding Daddies Sauce doesn't automatically make everything better.

This post made my skin crawl. Standard from you BFTD.

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Your contributions to this thread suggest you are a man who enjoys a 2 person steak pie (probably demanded from a pub in Benidorm alongside a Carling) and are about 20 stone.

This post made my skin crawl. Standard from you BFTD.

How dare you? All absolutely incorrect except for the bits about steak pie and BFTD.

On 12/10/2018 at 18:45, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Marks & Spencer do some that are pretty decent indeed. Three for a tenner. Closest I've found to an actual proper meal. I've been living on them for the past few weeks as I haven't been getting in 'til 2030 at the earliest, and I'll be fucked if I'm breaking out the pots and pans at that hour.

I prefer this one to the OP's choice. Macaroni Cheese may be one of the few things that actually tastes better as a ready meal.

noImageAvailable&resMode=sharp2&id=einSn

Sake man.  Make your own with some smoked pancetta.

Better as a ready meal?  Beast talk.

It's something that only us of a certain generation will know, but that initial era when your folks first got a microwave and then proceeded to cook absolutely everything in it. Ooh look, a soggy baked potato in a fraction of the time! Exploding soup, nuclear fusion reached at some points with the edges still lukewarm!

Watch this Margaret, I'm making my cup of tea in the microwave!

Ooh it's like some sort of voodoo magic George!

2 minutes ago, pittsburgh phil said:

It's something that only us of a certain generation will know, but that initial era when your folks first got a microwave and then proceeded to cook absolutely everything in it. Ooh look, a soggy baked potato in a fraction of the time! Exploding soup, nuclear fusion reached at some points with the edges still lukewarm!

k7ck2f69xzh01.thumb.png.1cf9c957d878b19a03696d6586a502a3.png

23 minutes ago, pittsburgh phil said:

"What would happen if I put this egg/tin/hamster in it?"

Microwave meals don't really exist that much in the Czech Republic (this also applies to meal deal sandwiches and wraps etc). Never really ate many of them but would be handy to have decent ones over here once in while*. 

*that aren't 'pork with cabbage' or goulash 

10 minutes ago, supermik said:

Scrambled eggs made on the cooker are far superior to the rubber like disaster that a microwave produces.

I wouldn't know, I've never made scrambled eggs in the microwave. It takes so little time to cook them properly I wouldn't consider it. 

Scrambled eggs take longer to make in the microwave than they do on the hob

The secret to good scrambled eggs is to make them in a frying pan so they cook more evenly and quickly.

The addition of butter and a quarter teaspoon of olive oil makes them nice and glossy.

49 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

A small dollop of cottage cheese in your scrambled eggs is good. It adds a whole new dimension to the flavour and texture.

Definitely giving that a go. Apart from a generous lump of butter I find the slower you cook it the more velvety the result.

Archived