Ready/Microwave Meals

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've tried the DIY curry thing with £25 of base ingredients and hours of basting onions and warming the spices etc....only for every M&S curry to taste 10 times better at a fraction of cost and time. 

9 hours ago, Rizzo said:

Don't tend to get microwave meals as 1) they tend to taste awful and 2) the choice of meat and dairy free ones is pretty limited. These wee vegetable stew pots from ALDI are feckin' lovely though and very filling, two of your 5 a day as well. ^_^ 

pot.jpg

I'd rather eat the box.

I've tried the DIY curry thing with £25 of base ingredients and hours of basting onions and warming the spices etc....only for every M&S curry to taste 10 times better at a fraction of cost and time. 

Hours of basting onions ?? Which curry is that then ? [emoji849]
Distinct smell of shite here. More than likely you’re just a couch whale who can’t cook.
No offence, likesay.........[emoji41]

15 hours ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Not usually a fan of ready / microwave meals , but was on a flyer the other night and needed something quick and easy .

I bought a McIntosh microwave macaroni cheese from the local Asda and have to say it’s one of the best macaroni cheeses I’ve tasted, perfect consistency and right amount of cheese .

Whats the P&B masses recommendations and nominations for best microwave ready meal ?

26AFDDC1-A33A-4E1F-B40B-94E06EA95914.jpeg.e60687675f83a51cccc5a6cf600c4d3e.jpeg

Agree 100% that this is top notch.  Also has the added bonus that the cellophane film on top of the tray peels away easily in a oner and , if left attached to the tray at one end , can be flapped back down for further re-heating of leftovers.    Take note , Tesco , and your ready-mad Indian stuff !

9 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I've noticed those frozen doner kebabs before. Keep meaning to try one sometime, as the idea sounds impossibly awful, but I worry it might just push me over the edge into self-harm and  listening to Radiohead.

They taste like kebabs but have the consistency of aerated rubber. It can be disguised with crispy onions and lettuce in a crispy pitta. 

I've done a few late shifts recently and delved back into the murky world of microwave meals.

The City Kitchen meals from Tesco are pretty decent. I'm not a huge fan of the Strathmore stuff, although it was a quid last week...

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
5 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:
I was doubting [mention=68117]Bairnardo[/mention] had the skills to cook one better emoji3.png

I am generally quite a modest person, but will happily back myself to make any version of any microwave meal in the entire world better.

4B58573E-C089-447D-83A3-C830B57A28B8.jpeg.a4dc10a7cb13b85dd95d455fb1203772.jpeg

Not usually a fan of ready / microwave meals , but was on a flyer the other night and needed something quick and easy .
I bought a McIntosh microwave macaroni cheese from the local Asda and have to say it’s one of the best macaroni cheeses I’ve tasted, perfect consistency and right amount of cheese .
Whats the P&B masses recommendations and nominations for best microwave ready meal ?
26AFDDC1-A33A-4E1F-B40B-94E06EA95914.jpeg.e60687675f83a51cccc5a6cf600c4d3e.jpeg

I often find that microwave meals taste good in just the situation you’ve described.....in a rush and hungry.

I would guess, having sampled a few of the McIntosh m/cheese varieties, that once you eat it a few times the appeal will wear off.

22 hours ago, Unleash The Nade said:

I’ve no doubt it is , but you’ll no beat the McIntosh one 

I expect that Mr McIntosh makes them personally, at home, surrounded by rosy cheeked, smiling children..

"What's for tea , Daddy..."?

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I am generally quite a modest person, but will happily back myself to make any version of any microwave meal in the entire world better.

Adding Daddies Sauce doesn't automatically make everything better.

Archived