The Blue Brazil v (The) Appeal F.C

CowdenLoyal

Apologies, my wording wasn't very clear.... I'm aware of the regulations and was asking which - i.e. will it be the Monday, or will it be the Tuesday.

Incidentally, if it wasn't complete after those 2 attempts, presumably the next would be on R5 day i.e. over the weekend of Saturday 9th February.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Although I'm not a fan of this sort of thing happening, if Central Park was to be an issue for a replay, could Cowden not suggest playing them at East End (plastic pitch) and cash in on what would undoubtedly be a larger crowd? They seem to have had some decent results at EEP in recent years.

There should be no option to any team  to change venue to cash in 

Eg If Talbot draw any of the OF at home thats where it should be played

There should be no option to any team  to change venue to cash in 
Eg If Talbot draw any of the OF at home thats where it should be played

I agree. Was just wondering if such an option was open with the current rules.

Exception would be the likes of Keith v Rangers where Kynoch Park wasn't up to suitable standard (played at Pittodrie, 1-10 of course)

10 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I agree. Was just wondering if such an option was open with the current rules.

Exception would be the likes of Keith v Rangers where Kynoch Park wasn't up to suitable standard (played at Pittodrie, 1-10 of course)

Up to a suitable standard for what?

To use Bollan's comparison, had Keith drawn Berwick Rangers instead, where would the game have taken place?

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Up to a suitable standard for what?

To use Bollan's comparison, had Keith drawn Berwick Rangers instead, where would the game have taken place?

Wasn't it to cash in on  a bigger capacity which of course loop holes have since been tightened up on now.

8 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Wasn't it to cash in on  a bigger capacity which of course loop holes have since been tightened up on now.

I'd imagine that's exactly what it was about?

Hedgecutter seemed (to me at least) to be suggesting the case was some sort of exception to that pattern though.

Up to a suitable standard for what? To use Bollan's comparison, had Keith drawn Berwick Rangers instead, where would the game have taken place?    

My impression was that Kynoch Park wouldn't be suitable for a large segregated crowd (this was Rangers we're talking about). Berwick for example with a few hundred mixing fans works, but anyone who knows what (a very basic Kynoch) is like would know the logistical issues with regards to the number of single door entrances / exits (that works during a mixed crowd but not otherwise), the pitch-side barriers that you can duck under, etc etc.

I could be wrong with that being a driver, but it's a very basic facility and I can't see how you could make such an event work with the best will in the world. I won't pretend that a venue move wasn't in their self interest of course, but it would have certainly been a very easy sell to the SFL & Grampian Police as it was then, that's if they would have even had a choice.

Auchinleck on the other hand is actually set up for the segregation that is required for Cumnock etc.

21 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

My impression was that Kynoch Park wouldn't be suitable for a large segregated crowd (this was Rangers we're talking about). Berwick for example with a few hundred mixing fans works, but anyone who knows what (a very basic Kynoch) is like would know the logistical issues with regards to the number of single door entrances / exits (that works during a mixed crowd but not otherwise), the pitch-side barriers that you can duck under, etc etc.      

I could be wrong with that being a driver, but it's a very basic facility and I can't see how you could make such an event work with the best will in the world. I won't pretend that a venue move wasn't in their self interest of course, but it would have certainly been a very easy sell to the SFL & Grampian Police as it was then, that's if they would have even had a choice.

Auchinleck on the other hand is actually set up for the segregation that is required for Cumnock etc.

Fair enough - I see what you mean now.

I still think though that if the facilities are such that only a tiny crowd can be accommodated, then so be it.  

Fair enough - I see what you mean now. I still think though that if the facilities are such that only a tiny crowd can be accommodated, then so be it.
I wouldn't trust a handful of o**s in there with those public park type barriers tbh. They'd probably walk on and claim they were protecting their players from the electromagnetic radiation from the adjacent sub station.      

I also remember a situation a while back where there was a serious issue getting a game or replay underway because somewhere was seemingly frozen forever and there was a ridiculous fixtures backlog (might have been Brechin actually).

In such a case you might want to say, "right, f*** it, let's get this on at some place it might actually go ahead rather than dragging it on and on". In Cowden's case the obvious alternative choice would advantageously happen to be EEP. Not quite at that stage yet though.

7 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Although I'm not a fan of this sort of thing happening, if Central Park was to be an issue for a replay, could Cowden not suggest playing them at East End (plastic pitch) and cash in on what would undoubtedly be a larger crowd? They seem to have had some decent results at EEP in recent years.

Any replay would be at Ibrox, it’s the rules.

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

I wouldn't trust a handful of o**s in there with those public park type barriers tbh. They'd probably walk on and claim they were protecting their players from the electromagnetic radiation from the adjacent sub station.      

I also remember a situation a while back where there was a serious issue getting a game or replay underway because somewhere was seemingly frozen forever and there was a ridiculous fixtures backlog (might have been Brechin actually).

In such a case you might want to say, "right, f*** it, let's get this on at some place it might actually go ahead rather than dragging it on and on". In Cowden's case the obvious alternative choice would advantageously happen to be EEP. Not quite at that stage yet though.

Nobody would argue with that regarding a much postponed game.  It's even happened for league games - Forfar ring a bell?

That's a very different type of scenario though.

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012–13_Brechin_City_F.C._season

4 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

I dont know Kynoch Park and I do get your point, but just to say there was no segregation in the stand at Auchinleck yesterday. Home and away fans were separated simply by the stairs, and there were no issues at all, good to see

Archived