The Blue Brazil v (The) Appeal F.C

CowdenLoyal

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, PELE said:

Get your money back. We were out to 60/1 before it was called off. Although the greedy bookies had slashed the prices on our players scoring the first goal.

Yeah, I was looking forward to David Marsh scoring first at 150/1 too ;)

've been on the pitch 2 areas far corner High Street end & a strip parallel to 1he side of the 18 yard box where the payers warm up & grass thinner. The groundman cut the whole pitch  after the covers up and worked on the corner at the high street end. The strip at Chapel Street firm but softening under the weather conditions and benefiting from  falling sleet and rising temperature. With players warming up the firm areas would have  loosened unfortunately the referee did not give a further time option in my opinion had he done so the game would be getting ready for kick of now.

Quite a blow given all the efforts from everyone involved with the club with fans putting in a terrific shift I feel for those fans and those who made long journeys for a special occasion. A lot of energy  & input expended disappointing to see a referee make such an apparently arbitrary  decision.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Supposedly Sevco grassed in the pitch and phoned the SFA to demand an inspection 

Not the first time they have pushed for a postponement. If I remember correctly, they pathetically got one of our championship games cancelled on an international weekend because they had a player on the bench for Lithuania, a player who might be on the bench for NI who didn't get selected) and Mohsni who was suspended for the game against us anyway! Cost us a packet.

3 minutes ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Have to feel for all the coach loads of The Rangers ‘fans’ from far flung places like Kelty, Dunfermline and Methil for their 1 and only game this season.

The 19?

11 minutes ago, PELE said:

Not the first time they have pushed for a postponement. If I remember correctly, they pathetically got one of our championship games cancelled on an international weekend because they had a player on the bench for Lithuania, a player who might be on the bench for NI who didn't get selected) and Mohsni who was suspended for the game against us anyway! Cost us a packet.

At the start of 'the journey', they postponed a Challenge Cup tie against us due to International call-ups.

It was a real pain - we had to wait until the Tuesday to beat them.

Archived