Edinburgh City v Peterhead

The rearranged top of the table clash from last month goes ahead tomorrow night. City’s had a couple of tough away games last week at Inverness and Annan. And Peterhead are flying after thumping Berwick on Saturday. You’d imagine it’s going to be a tight game. I’d be happy with a draw if I’m honest.

Missing my work Xmas night for this (yes I was invited). Pretty sure both parties would take a draw here and that does seem the most likely outcome.

I’m not as convinced as some that the results against each other will determine whether City or Peterhead win the league (plenty of points to be dropped against the ‘also rans’ I reckon) but as long as we’re still top after Tuesday I’ll be happy.

Massive game!  The two best teams in the league by far going head to head here!

Hopefully both teams get promoted in May as both deserve to go up!

City have quite a lot of injuries at the moment, and our small squad is stretched, BUT....we still got a great win at Annan.

Peterheid.....everyone's favourites for the league, had a superb 5-0 win at Berwick so will be very confident.

As has been said, maybe both teams would be happy with a draw here.

I'll take a 1-1.

Guest TOPFITTER

What stopped Peterhead winning the league last season was their own ability to implode for no apparent reason, generally assisted by a defence which could hand goals out like Santa giving out presents at Christmas. If Jim continues to disarm the Self-Implode Button and what looks like an actual defence (Including two creative midfielders) keeps standing firm they should have a good chance of winning the league this season.

My prediction tomorrow at Ainslie Park        1-2,      if you are a betting person go the opposite than my prediction ;)

1-1. Fair result, even first half, Peterhead looked like they were going to batter us at the start of the second but we came back into it and I reckon finished the stronger.

Been a while since I’ve lost the run of myself at a refereeing performance but let me tell you it was tremendous fun. Even hung back a few minutes to give some post game abuse, it’s the little touches that make the difference.

Anyway....... 2 best teams in the division by a distance and a very pleasant way to spend a Tuesday evening.

Very happy with a point from that. Dire, low quality first half, but Peterhead looked the better side and for 5 minutes after scoring looked like running away with it.  An incredible run from Allan Smith made the equaliser out of nothing & against the run of play, and although the last half an hour was better, after the red card it was important to hold on and not lose it.

The injuries have taken their toll - Andy Black was playing on one leg, but there was no-one else that could have played there instead, and he did well under the circumstances. January can't come quickly enough - a loan or two is needed to bulk out the squad, and we could really do with a few of the injury list back in action.

Ref was atrocious, but at least bad for both sides.

45 minutes ago, EdinburghTurkey said:

Very happy with a point from that. Dire, low quality first half, but Peterhead looked the better side and for 5 minutes after scoring looked like running away with it.  An incredible run from Allan Smith made the equaliser out of nothing & against the run of play, and although the last half an hour was better, after the red card it was important to hold on and not lose it.

The injuries have taken their toll - Andy Black was playing on one leg, but there was no-one else that could have played there instead, and he did well under the circumstances. January can't come quickly enough - a loan or two is needed to bulk out the squad, and we could really do with a few of the injury list back in action.

Ref was atrocious, but at least bad for both sides.

Perfect report buddy! Sums it up well, couldn't have written that better myself.

I said I'd be happy with 1-1 before the game, and even more so as the match progressed!

Another tremendous point earned by City, but Peterheid will probably feel they should have won that.

Guest TOPFITTER

Refereeing performance summed up by a hand ball from Jason Brown ignored by the ref and the wee boy lino who was at most 20 yards from it with clear view became blind and mute for long enough to give the ref no input !!!
Felt Peterhead edged it but carried 2 players, you cannae do that with this Edinburgh team, so no argument on the result it’s goals that count.

Refereeing performance summed up by a hand ball from Jason Brown ignored by the ref and the wee boy lino who was at most 20 yards from it with clear view became blind and mute for long enough to give the ref no input !!!
Felt Peterhead edged it but carried 2 players, you cannae do that with this Edinburgh team, so no argument on the result it’s goals that count.

Yes you’re right. Gibson can’t continue like this for much longer and McAllister’s form has dropped to its lowest yet. I see even Scott Brown thinks Gibson was to blame for allowing Alan Smith through.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish-football/blue-toon-keep-top-of-the-table-in-sights-after-draw-with-city/

Guest TOPFITTER
3 hours ago, Lord Catto said:

Yes you’re right. Gibson can’t continue like this for much longer and McAllister’s form has dropped to its lowest yet. I see even Scott Brown thinks Gibson was to blame for allowing Alan Smith through.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish-football/blue-toon-keep-top-of-the-table-in-sights-after-draw-with-city/

“I’m not going to point fingers at anyone but these are the things that cost us.

“Willie Gibson was playing out of position for us at left-back and has done brilliantly so it was just unfortunate the goal came down his side.

“I felt we were on top and it’s unfortunate and towards the end we just huffed and puffed a wee bit.”

Well if that's Scott  blaming Gibson he is also blaming the manager for playing him out of position !!! Wonder what the gaffer feels about that ? 

So you're blaming the Captain and his Vice-Captain and basically the Manager for all Peterheads ills wow that really is deflection, hurry back Del and Paddy you've kept Rusty and Kav's seats warm long enough !!!

Archived