Airdrie v Arbroath

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disjointed performance, particularly 2nd half when Bobby went off.

Airdrie had so much possession but their final ball from the wings was utterly dismal and when they did create a decent chance, we had Jamieson on top form.

'Sign of champions' etc for the last 3 weeks, just wary that results will eventually tend to the level of performance.

Without getting ahead of myself, a good performance and result next week and we should be unassailable.

Couldn't make it today but what an excellent result.   Our amazing record has to go sometime and I thought these past 2 tricky away games might have recorded the first loss on the board.  But all credit to the team for grinding something out despite setbacks (TOB, Bobby) .   The feedback and the match stats suggested a draw might have been a fairer reflection in trying conditions and I would have been happy enough with that but delighted we held on for the 3 points.    Ricky hasn't scored that many this season, or indeed last, but our back line has chipped in with goals all season so fantastic he stepped up to the plate.    I doubt we, or many other teams, will ever enjoy a run like this again and it must be a bit disheartening to the chasing pack (what a shame) though there's still a long, long way to go..     You'd hope this would flush a few more potential fans out of the woodwork to get along for the upcoming holiday season games in Angus.

Meant to add, the longer our unbeaten run goes on, the harder every team will go to end it as the Airdrie preview notes " Arbroath are flying high, but it’s an extra motivation knowing we can be the first team to beat them. We know we’re good enough, and if we play to our abilities there’s no reason we can’t get the three points. "

As funny as your time wasting starting mid way through the 2nd half. 

F**k me any team thats come to gayfield and taken the lead in the first half start time wasting. Plus, questioning tactics of a team that are unbeaten at the top of the league.....deary me

Archived