Airdrie v Arbroath

Hard game on a hard pitch. ToB Suspended so could either go the way we finished Saturday or put Whatley into left back. I think I'd prefer the way we finished Saturday but will see what DC does.

Jamieson

Gold

Little

Thomson

Hamilton

With Whatley in the middle with Swankie. Might see Whatley left back and Hamilton centre half though.

Hopefully Davie Hutton has a howler or two here, if we could get a good result again here it would be amazing to take back into the Raith game at Gayfield next week

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Most of this Airdrie team will let you run, shoot and fire crosses in all day long without a tackle or a block. I wouldn’t worry.
Agree with most of this. Teams allow Airdrie to have a bit of the ball, then simply whip it away without a whimper, run up the park and score.
OK, we've been better the last month but we are still very powder puff. Can press teams all you like but if there's no-one willing to actually get the sleeves rolled up and do the dirty stuff then there's not much point.
Unfortunately can only see an away win 1-3.
Probably won't make this unfortunately, dislocated my right knee on Saturday night so currently housebound with a knee like a hot air balloon.

Agree with most of this. Teams allow Airdrie to have a bit of the ball, then simply whip it away without a whimper, run up the park and score.

OK, we've been better the last month but we are still very powder puff. Can press teams all you like but if there's no-one willing to actually get the sleeves rolled up and do the dirty stuff then there's not much point.

Unfortunately can only see an away win 1-3.

Probably won't make this unfortunately, dislocated my right knee on Saturday night so currently housebound with a knee like a hot air balloon.

Take it easy - hopefully you’re on the mend sooner rather than later.

I might take a run up purely out of interest at seeing how Arbroath are looking as they are on some run of form. I know what I’ll get from us.

Haven't been at the last two games, but will be there this week.

It's hard to be very optimistic going into this.  There need be changes in the squad (and I assume Murray is working on that), but we're almost a month away from that happening, and even at the best of times a game against a team in the kind of form Arbroath are in this season is going to be a tough one.  I'd quite happily take a point.

Can't see past anything other than an away win. Having said that if there's any cause for optimism at all it is that Airdrie tend to do better in games like this. It would have been this time last year that Airdrie beat league leaders Ayr at home completely out the blue. Having said that Arbroath are on a different level of form compared to that Ayr team and I think they will win 2-1. Airdrie to sit too deep, not create many chances and the Abroath goals to come from individual mistakes/lapses in concentration. 

Take it easy - hopefully you’re on the mend sooner rather that later.

I might take a run up purely out of interest at seeing how Arbroath are looking as they are on some run of form. I know what I’ll get from us.

Last two weeks we've been anything but pretty to be honest but managed to score 8 goals.

Played some really nice stuff for a lot of the season but can see another hardworking direct performance, probably best thing to do on a park like Airdries.

Think we usually play nice stuff on the Astro but Stennys Astro and yourselves Astro seems to resemble concrete whenever I've seen it. Direct and play off of Doris and McKenna.

Whatley did well at left back when he filled in so id go with the same team that started v stenny. Maybe mckenna needs to drop a bit deeper in away games so we can control the midfield as we struggled there v forfar. I’ll take any kind of win to keep the run going [emoji1145]

3 minutes ago, Pesadilla said:

7-0 to Airdrie, bouyed by Theresa May being booted from office and a no-deal Brexit on the horizon. If that doesn't motivate our lot nothing will.

Well the PM survives....I expect the rest of my prediction will be widely inaccurate too.

12 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Angus is a fine Tory county. Jubilation here just now

In fairness, most of the rest of Scotland is indifferent to whichever evil despot is currently running the Tory party.  They all look like pig-f*ckers to me.

12 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Angus is a fine Tory county. Jubilation here just now

Thankfully I only have to visit Tory county every 2 weeks or so and spend the rest of my time in the People's Republic of Lochee,  in the politically switched on metropolis of Dundee.

Team for Saturday for me:

Jamieson

Robertson

Whatley

Little

Hammy

Omar (if struggling after knock last week, then Denholm)

Gold

Swankie

Linn

Wallace

McKenna

Thankfully I only have to visit Tory county every 2 weeks or so and spend the rest of my time in the People's Republic of Lochee,  in the politically switched on metropolis of Dundee.

Team for Saturday for me:

Jamieson

Robertson

Whatley

Little

Hammy

Omar (if struggling after knock last week, then Denholm)

Gold

Swankie

Linn

Wallace

McKenna

It won't be for long, you'll be alright, and surely we are Balgay/Logie and no Lochee [emoji6]

Not sure on putting Wallace in though, however Wallace isn't much of an impact sub and Doris seems to be fucked by about an hour so swapping them about and getting the best out of the both of them just now seems logical.

McKenna just has to play you can't take him out, his energy and tracking back and winning the ball and hassle he gives defenders is on a totally different level and it's a big part of why we've been successful

Archived