Ayr vs County

4 hours ago, yoda said:

Fox is a fucking liability at times and his wonder save only makes up for the howler at the third goal.

Generous to Fox's save, there are keepers in this league who would have claimed that cross and nipped it in the bud.

The way that Mullin shuffled his feet and let the ball go across his body for the volley was so good.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Loki said:

That is some finish by Mullin.  Ross County's goal of the season will be a shortlist of his greatest strikes.  A point is a good result considering we are struggling with injuries at the time, and we did find ourselves 3-1 down.

Fox really has to do better when he comes for the cross at the third goal, he is barely touched and loses it.  He was the worst keeper in the Premier league last year and he is nowhere near the top three in this league.  He does well to spread himself at the Ayr chance in the second half, but that is a terrible miss from the Ayr player.  He has to pick a better angle.

The penalties I think are both harsh.  The Ayr player jumps when he feels the contact in the back.  McKay goes down after contact in the back when he knows hes missed his shot.  I would say both shouldn't be given.  Although as others have said, if it is a penalty, it should also be a red card as he has not attempted to win the ball.

What are the rules regarding stadia know for the top league.? I think both Ayr and County are better than Hamilton, St Mirren and Dundee.  So no matter who wins the championship the other would be a good contender to get promoted via playoffs.  When County were promoted we needed to have planning for 6000 seats by 31st March with a guarantee that work would be completed by the start of the season.  However I think the SPL allowed us to play our first two games away from home.  Then the SPL disbanded and the SPFL took over from the SPL and SFL, so totally unaware if there is any rules regarding stadia.

I watched the highlights from this game and both teams look way short of Premiership standard. 

1 hour ago, bunglebonce said:

Generous to Fox's save, there are keepers in this league who would have claimed that cross and nipped it in the bud.

That's true enough. I know a lot of people like Fox but County haven't had a genuinely top class goalkeeper since McGovern. Fraser, Brown, Reguero, Woods, and whoever else have all been varying degrees of "Okay" to "Abysmal".

1 minute ago, yoda said:

That's true enough. I know a lot of people like Fox but County haven't had a genuinely top class goalkeeper since McGovern. Fraser, Brown, Reguero, Woods, and whoever else have all been varying degrees of "Okay" to "Abysmal".

Of the above, most have been good at one thing with at least one massive weakness in their game. McGovern is easily the best keeper we've ever had. Though the lad Bachmann looked a real prospect from what little we saw of him before his loan was terminated.

8 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Someone definitely fiddling with the crowd figures. 2000 the attendance yesterday yet the main stand was more or less full.

We estimate the crowd before the attendance is announced every game and I guessed yesterday's at 1972, was only about 60 away from the official number

I watched the highlights from this game and both teams look way short of Premiership standard. 

Yeah and I’ve watched St Mirren and Dundee this season, and they are also way short of Premiership standard. Martin Woods starring in a Dundee side shows how low their bar is.

Hamilton are capable of some incredible performances and continually dig out unexpected results. But Ayr or County could take them to the cleaners on a good day.

12 hours ago, the west curve said:

Kilmarnock are doing pretty well in the Premiership so it can only be said that the standard is abhorrent.  Teams like Motherwell, Dundee and Hamilton couldn't live with either of us. 

Archived