Ayr vs County

Keep Mullin quiet and it could well be a clean sheet for the home team.

Gardyne might be straight back in after getting 20 minutes against Queens.  He looked a little rusty but hopefully another week's training will have helped.  Gardyne's form wasn't electric before he was injured but he brings balance to the side when he can play on the left flank.

Vigurs is meant to be training this week.  It took him a while to get up to speed at the start of the season so I wonder if this match will be too soon for him.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bunglebonce said:

Keep Mullin quiet and it could well be a clean sheet for the home team.

Gardyne might be straight back in after getting 20 minutes against Queens.  He looked a little rusty but hopefully another week's training will have helped.  Gardyne's form wasn't electric before he was injured but he brings balance to the side when he can play on the left flank.

Vigurs is meant to be training this week.  It took him a while to get up to speed at the start of the season so I wonder if this match will be too soon for him.

I have doubts over Vigurs fitness even when he's meant to be fit tbh!  A bit has been said about Cowie blowing out of his arse in the second half of matches but it's the same if not worse with Iain Vigurs, after 70 minutes in a match he's chasing and quite often kicking-out at shadows.

Stamina and fitness is a big concern, I'm concerned that the management team are too close to some players and aren't working them hard enough.

Agree with Mullins, keep him quite and we're likely to struggle.

7 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

I have doubts over Vigurs fitness even when he's meant to be fit tbh!  A bit has been said about Cowie blowing out of his arse in the second half of matches but it's the same if not worse with Iain Vigurs, after 70 minutes in a match he's chasing and quite often kicking-out at shadows.

Stamina and fitness is a big concern, I'm concerned that the management team are too close to some players and aren't working them hard enough.

The fitness has lagged noticeably since they gave the sports scientist chap his jotters.

7 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

Vigurs at least tries to look for a ball forward when he's knackered, Cowie isn't even offering that at the minute. Playing Cowie and Vigurs together means the third central midfielder is doing the work of three players after 55-60 minutes.

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

45mph winds forecast for Saturday at 3pm...

Heavy snow being forecasted elsewhere for those travelling south. Could do with an early decision being made on this one. Will be frustrating if the decision to call it off is left until 45 mins before kick-off again.

12 hours ago, rb123! said:

45mph winds forecast for Saturday at 3pm...

According to BBC weather forecast there are 40 mph gusts forecast around 2 pm.  For the rest of the day the wind is nowhere near as strong.

3 hours ago, Comrie said:

Could do with a foot of snow being dumped on Ayr tonight so this gets called off.

I'll just stand at the edge of the pitch and talk, snow can't handle that barrage.

Archived