Ayr vs County

Feel slightly more confident about this game than I did before the game in Dingwall. Our players should be well rested after Fridays game was called off and hopefully we can get a win here although a draw wouldn’t be disastrous.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Massive game for both teams- A chance to go four points clear with a game in hand which would be totally mental. 

We should have got at least a point from the game up in Dingwall earlier in the season. Completely battered them second half. Hopefully we can put that right on Saturday.

Teamwise i’d go: 

Doohan 

Smith Rose Bell Harvie 

Geggan Murdoch Crawford McDaid

Moffat Shankland

Subs- Hare-Reid, Higgins, Kerr, Adams, Docherty, Forrest, Moore

iI’ be optimistic and predict a very entertaining 3-2 victory for the Super. Shankland with a hat trick and McDaid with the other. 

We haven't even come close to the level of how we played in the first half against you in Dingwall. If we can come away with a point I'll be more than happy. If Vigurs and Morris play, I think we could. If It's Cowie/Draper/Lindsay in midfield, I have serious doubts about it.

Working so I'll miss this one same team as Dundee United for me. The classic 6 pointer from me if we could be 4 points clear with a game in had coming up to Xmas would be massive I don't think our most optimistic fans could have predicted this. 2-1 Ayr Shankland scoring a last minute winner to send the Somerset Rd end crazy.

There’s no doubt that Ayr are favourites on current form.  I’m hopeful that Gardyne will play and liven up the team.

We were seriously lopsided on Saturday  and I still can’t fathom why Stewart was wide left, clearly wasn’t working but they persevered for some reason. Gardyne would balance the midfield so I’d look for some improvement. Vigurs is the key though and we won’t be at our best until he’s back imo.

I’d settle for a draw at this stage.

County favourites against a side who are :

Unbeaten at home all season

Conceded 5 goals at home all season

Unbeaten in their last seven games

Failed to score once at home in 30 odd games

Top of the league

Jings!

County favourites against a side who are :

Unbeaten at home all season

Conceded 5 goals at home all season

Unbeaten in their last seven games

Failed to score once at home in 30 odd games

Top of the league

Jings!

County were the better side in the first game, but yet again the bookies are offering terrible odds on the Championship, and this season on County in particular. I’d be all over Ayr at those prices.

11 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Boddy Madden ref for this one, hwg once again, wonder how many penalties he won't give us in this game.

Oh well that's that fucked then. 

Congratulations on your three points County.

1 hour ago, Staggie52 said:

Yes, because you’re the only team that Madden has given dodgy decisions against...

It’s well known that there is an agenda against Ayr United within Scottish football. Trying to deny the Super reaching the promised land. 

Archived